Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • No Kirroughtree – where to go instead?
  • strawb3110
    Free Member

Bit of an open question, was going to do 10 @ Kirroughtree with a couple of mates as we did last year, unfortunately that has been cancelled I think. Any other ideas on similar one day events (with nice singletrack etc.) either early summer or early Autumn, maybe in Wales, Scottish Borders area or England?

hels
    Free Member

Glentress 7 ? Part of the Tweedlove Festival.

Trekster

Or just spend your money on a proper all day ride in the hills somewhere. Have little or no interest in “events” as such. Having said that I have done 2xKirry 10s , 2xHardrock challenges due to them being local events. I much prefer a day in the hills
    Maybe if NoFuss went back to their roots, did away with all the extra “event” baggage and cut their overheads the event could still go ahead.
    Reckon some local group could rearrange a date for later in the year?

Popocatapetl

We’ve done KT for the last couple of years and disappointed that they’ve cancelled it. We’re going to do the Singletrack weekender instead. Same dates, closer to home and should be a bit more chilled out!

footflaps

I’ve done the last two Kirroughtree 10s and really enjoyed them, pretty low key events really….

arrpee
    Free Member

CRC Selkirk Marathon. A fine day out in the hills on some great trails. Make sure you do the full bhuna to get your money’s worth. You’ve the option of racing your tits off or just treating it as a big guided tour of the riding available in the area.

simonside
    Free Member

CRC Selkirk full distance, is Marathon championship event (or something similar… properly competitive) this year so be aware when you are winching up to the Minch…. 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

On the same weekend there’s this-

http://www.strathpuffer.co.uk/puffer-lite

laraichean

Glentress Seven. Then do as many of the other free mtb rides as you’ve got legs for. It’s the jubilee weekend (most folk have 4 days off) and there’s tons happening in the valley with TweedLove.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s a duathlon at Bowhill nr Selkirk on the 25th of August. That means you have to do a bit of running too. On the plus side there is a Ceilidh afterwards which is included in the entry along with camping.

GW
    Free Member

Crazy idea I know, but why not just go to kirroughtree anywway?

winstonsmith

and ride around for ten hours?

legend
    Free Member

god no. Ride for a couple of hours then go to the pub for the next 8

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Come on GW, that’s pretty poor by your standards. Must try harder.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Trekster was thinking of doing the hardrock challenge.

Its it the full red route they use for the bike section? Im not so keen on Dalbeattie, doesnt seem to suit my hardtail not very good style!!!

Trekster

Yes.
    I ride a Blue Pig, before that a Bontrager and before that Ralieghs. All in Dalbeattie, Mabie, Ae and the surrounding hills.
    Steel is real as they say 😉
    Just need to practice

banginon

watch this space – I was thinking about an 8 mile 8 hour event at Drumlanrig….

Any body interested?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘No Kirroughtree – where to go instead?’ is closed to new replies.