Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nick Cotton Guide – Valleys of S Wales & Gower Peninsula & Lower Wye
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Has anyone else got this guidebook – spiral bound with black and white OS mapping at the back.

Other than the Wye Valley, I dont know the area very well and to be honest, havent found the pictures and descriptions in the book very inspiring.. am I missing out on a good part of the country to ride in?

The pictures are mostly of fireroad, not a bike in sight, and the text doesnt really mention the surface type, though there seems alot of forest road and tarmac.

But…there’s 500m high hills in them there valleys, so it ought to be worth a trip.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to hear he’s keeping busy after Eastenders…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

What’s ‘Eastenders’?

tomhughes46

I can’t speak for that book, but I have the SW (Dartmoor) book written by him and cannot really recommend any if the routes I have done within it. I can only assume they were ridden in very dry conditions when he wrote the book!

Nipper99
    Free Member

i have this book – i live in the swansea area and it was the first guide book i purchased. it is quite dated but there are some good rides in it. the best i would say is the sarn helen route.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks. The area does have Mountain Ash, Gethin and Rheola DH routes, but I guess this guided is older than those.

atahualpa
    Free Member

I can’t speak for that book, but I have the SW (Dartmoor) book written by him and cannot really recommend any if the routes I have done within it

+1

the qed book is woeful

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nick Cotton Guide – Valleys of S Wales & Gower Peninsula & Lower Wye’ is closed to new replies.