Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Urban Bike Skills Park in Edinburgh – Launch
  • angused
    Free Member

Hello,
    Braidwood Bike Park Group (a local group of riders) want to create a proper urban bike skills park in the centre of Edinburgh.

Specifically here:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204457003478715125984.0004cce953cca94adbc24&msa=0

It’s really early days, but at the moment we are hoping to share the idea with others, and to get people behind the idea and on board with it, before tackling planning/funding etc.

To do this, we are holding a wee information/consultation/launch event about the proposals, on the 3rd of November, 12 till 2pm, at the Crags Sports Centre, 10 Bowmont Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9RY.

For this to happen, riders need to really get behind it, so I hope some of you will be able to make it if you’re in the area.

For more information, please see the consultation event flyer:

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=1e7bfe1acb8584c3f33c238c9&id=eaafe9673d&e=475649a6e5

And for slightly more in depth info, please see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6jsmshrobzq6c0/Braidwood%20Bikepark%20presentation.pdf

Cheers
    Angus

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t want to be pessimistic about this but do you like uphill battles?

dukeduvet

Sounds a good idea but did you know about the very similar trails down in Granton being built now?

Surely funders etc might be a bit reticent with another similar project that is not far away.

granton trails

angused
    Free Member

@Bikechain. Haha. Love an uphill battle!

@dukeduvet Yep, we do know about the Cyclone track out at Muirhouse.
    I dunno though, I think Edinburgh is big and bad enough to handle more than one track (especially as we hope to create on that is super-central).
    Cheers (and hope to see you on Saturday!)
    Angus

dukeduvet

Fair do angus, hope it all goes well.

Have something on Saturday, but Ill pop by if I can and will keep upto date via your facebook.

bigjim

I like the idea, good luck. I can see the Holyrood Park people being tricky though, they don’t like bikes! Best make all the woodwork fireproof too!

Northwind

Hi, I’ll not be able to make the event, but it sounds like a great idea. If you need extra hands, drop me a line on andrew@blackjack.f9.co.uk… I’m a terrible organiser but a not bad digger.

debaser

Can’t make the event I’m afraid, but think it’s a great idea and would be willing to lend a hand.

It’s a pretty good gradient and decent drop in there and there is a surprising amount of land tucked away in between the path and wall. The fact it would be on my commute home from work would be ace too.

Given the amount of hassle the Edinburgh skatepark project had I reckon uphill battle is an understatement.

I think the residents of Dumbiedykes would be more open to and interested in this proposal than the nimbys of the Meadows and Inverleith were to the skate/bmx park, but I can’t see it being without objections.

Good luck. Hope the event goes well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Urban Bike Skills Park in Edinburgh – Launch’ is closed to new replies.