Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Nasty….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Roadie near miss…

Sorry, not sure I can embed this.

WTF were they doing riding that road and where was the lifesaver before pulling right? Very, very lucky.

Stoner
    Free Member

those lane markings make no sense. The nearside lane that the truck is aiming for doesnt exist until after the junction but the lane marking peels out of the junction making room for it.
    Did you see how he got sucked into the low pressure pocket down the side of the truck. v scary.
    And as you say, no life saver.

legolam
    Free Member

I like how the guy filming made sure his bike was safely propped up against the flower beds before going back for his mate who was lying in the middle of a 3 lane motorway, unable to walk 🙄

cakefacesmallblock

Ok . So I get the ‘ if it’s legal to do so , we can ride anywhere we like and should be able to ,safely’ thing, but that’s no road for riding bikes on, surely ?

So, the truck driver was a cock and luckily no one was killed.

All I had in my mind , watching that was how similar parts of that junction were to the M42 / M42 toll / M6 southbound junction near Birmingham .

Braver men than me.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

OMG! 😯

devash
    Free Member

I think this was in Russia. If anyone is familiar with the “Russian Dashcam” viral video phenomenon then you’ll understand how messed up their roads are.

The two lads were probably jacked up on cheap vodka and krokodil and decided to go for a road ride on the motorway.

gnusmas

😯

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Seeing as it was on liveleak, I was expecting it to be much worse.

rickmeister

Deleted, link fail..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Deleted, link fail..

Erm…

klunky
    Free Member

In what world is that “Near miss” OP?

boblo
    Free Member

I can’t work out what really happened to riders 2 and 3. 2 ran over 1 and then fell off? 3 jumped off in sympathy and got run over? His bike is trashed.

<edit> Near miss? Fair enough. I was thinking ‘nearly dead but missed by a micron’…

bigblackshed

It’s no excuse for the speed the lorry past the cyclists but that is not a road I would even contemplate riding. All of those were very lucky to survive that.

[H&S Nerd]Near Miss in H&S terms means an incident that could have caused injury or loss but didn’t. The video shows an incident.[\H&S Nerd]

theflatboy
    Free Member

legolam – Member
    I like how the guy filming made sure his bike was safely propped up against the flower beds before going back for his mate who was lying in the middle of a 3 lane motorway, unable to walk

My thought as well – he’d already stacked it, but gingerly props it up then goes back for his buddy 😆 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

WTF were they doing there? Can’t be hugely surprised to be undertaken when riding along what is clearly a very busy road in the middle lane. To move over without really looking is mental.

nickjb
    Free Member

WTF were they doing there? Can’t be hugely surprised to be undertaken when riding along what is clearly a very busy road in the middle lane. To move over without really looking is mental.

Might be worth re-watching it and looking at the road markings.

I wouldn’t be happy riding on that road but what the lorry driver did was criminal

avdave2

I don’t think I’d ever ride on a road with slip roads on and off.

tinribz
    Free Member

Looked to me like the lorry driver realised he was in the slip lane last second and veers off over chevrons etc. Probably too busy checking his mirror to avoid side swiping cars to spot the cyclists.

pinetree
    Free Member

To be fair, even if it is marked and there should be nothing coming up the inside, the rider should have looked before changing lanes. He simply signalled and went.

Not suggesting for a second that the driver wasn’t at fault- he had absolutely no business coming over the chevrons and into the inside lane. However the rider shouldn’t have assumed there was nothing there- a quick look over the shoulder would have saved him a lot of pain.

The only thing you should ever assume on the roads, is that everyone else is out to kill you, and you can’t give them the opportunity to. Even if everybody on the roads plays by the rules 100% of the time, and never has a lapse of concentration, it can’t hurt to be careful.

butcher

You can kinda see why he didn’t look, because the lane didn’t exist before he reached it. But utterly bonkers. That looks the equivalent of cycling in the middle lane of the M1. If for any reason I found myself on that road, my head would be rotating round 360 degrees.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yep, suicidal road to be riding in that position IMO, having ridden on the UK on some unsuitable roads and accidentally up by Glasgow on about a mile of motorway on a Sunday morning, I saw the footpath first off and thought if it were me I would just be riding slower on there and minding the pedestrians.

imnotverygood

I agree it is the sort of road that personally I’d never ride on unless I could avoid it, but the lack of life-saver? The lorry should not be there, it has clearly gone straight on from the exit slip road. I think the boy on the bike has every reason to expect nothing to be on his inside.

lemonysam
    Free Member

We’re lucky in the UK that there’s nowhere where the road network’s such that you virtually never have to ride on a road like that but that’s not the case everywhere. I can’t say that I’d do a lifesaver before moving left at the start of a sliproad on the rare occasion that I do have to ride a stretch of dual carriageway.

boblo
    Free Member

I bloody would. Back when I was a yoof, we used to train on the parkway (dual cabbage way ring road) system which involved lots of sprints across joining and leaving slips. You needed eyes in your arse to avoid getting creamed every half mile. No need for that nonsense these days.

dantsw13

Watching that video my inner thoughts were “no effing way you’d catch me on that road!!” It seems I’m not the only one!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I bloody would. Back when I was a yoof, we used to train on the parkway (dual cabbage way ring road) system which involved lots of sprints across joining and leaving slips. You needed eyes in your arse to avoid getting creamed every half mile. No need for that nonsense these days.

Creamed cabbageway…?

boblo
    Free Member

Creamed cabbage way? That’s what happened to those silly billy’s that argued with the tanker… 🙁

fourbanger
    Free Member

Lifesaver Look I was taught when I did my bike test. Never change lanes or turn without an over shoulder glance the way you’re heading. Amazed how many people don’t do it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bloody hell Boblo, that was close. 😯

When we rode south on the interstate shoulder south of Eureka, even though the cars are supposed to be doing 55 they crept up on us really quickly when we crossed the slip roads.

These guys regardless were on a suicide mission.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Nasty….’ is closed to new replies.