Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • My feet stink :(
  • emma82
    Free Member

I reveal waaaay too much information on this forum I know but how do I get rid of stinky feet? I’m thinking about ditching my work shoes for a start but I’ve NEVER had stinky anything before but last night and tonight my other half had to ask me to leave the room as they were that bad 🙁 Don’t think I have an infection cos they don’t look manky but according to NHS direct its probably because I’ve had hot feet all day so surely the smell should disappear once I’ve washed them which I just did and they still pong. Worse for me to as I have no sense of smell and leave my shoes in my office all night and walk home in trainers. Must stink in the morning and no-one has liked to mention it to me 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hmmm, do you have a runny nose?

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve NEVER had stinky anything before

snarrrrfffff snaarrrrfff

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Please tell me there at least small.

Big and smelly… ewwwwwwww. Properly gross!

Harry_the_Spider

DezB
    Free Member

Foot powder?

redthunder
    Free Member

High heels ?

donsimon
    Free Member

Scholl do some good stuff.
    Natural fibres and 100% (or as close to 100%) leather shoes.

willard

+1 for foot powder.

Keep them dry as you can and you shoudl be ok. Maybe some lighter weiht shoes at work, or maybe not using trainers to walk home in. Wearing natural fibre socks _might_ help too.

Or, you could just wash them in surgical spirit to kill off the nasties…

Just out of interest, have you annoyed anyone at work? Have they weed in your shoes?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Troll?

theotherjonv

Must stink in the morning and no-one has liked to mention it to me

I’ve NEVER had stinky anything before

Don’t know how to break it to you. You ming, we’re just too polite 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Troll?

What? How?
    Just rub your feet with said troll?
    Liquidise said troll and cover your feet in the liquid?
    Dried and ground??

emma82
    Free Member

Sorry for the disappearance, had to pop out. I wear high heels all day and it’s hot at moment. I shall wear flip flops tomorrow and keep the window open I think then get something over the weekend.

My feet are size 6 yeti so medium id say and I do always have a runny nose Mungus!! And no they aren’t hairy thank you very much.

ph0010421
    Free Member

I have the solution! My feet used to empty a room.
    Go to the chemist and get some formalin. It’s diluted formaldehyde.
    Mix a bit of this with meths and water.
    Soak feet in this for 10 minutes or so.
    The formaldehyde kills anything, the meths dries out your feet. Don’t make it too strong as your feet will dry and crack and be unbelievably painful (did that). Two goes of this, and problem gone.
    I used this method about 5 years, and my feet NEVER smell now.

Disclaimer: if your feet fall off, don’t blame me.

emma82
    Free Member

Jesus they really do stink! He just moaned at me again. I might actuly call in sick tomorrow, how embarrassing.

johnners
    Free Member

I shall wear flip flops tomorrow

May not be an improvement – obviously some ventilation but most flip flops don’t let the soles of your feet (the sweaty bit) breathe and can properly ming. I’ve some flip-flops with a leather-topped footbed and they’re fine, my rubbery Reefs are a bit cheesy*

*Only at very short range though, nose to the flip-flop sort of distance, unlike your stinky footwear.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

you can get some spray in boots, i used it now they dont stink any more

Zoolander
    Free Member

Feel your pain-
    Next door’s cat has pissed in my spds 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I do always have a runny nose Mungus!

Well there you have it! Runny nose, Smelly feet, you’re upside down.

Next patient please

emma82
    Free Member

awesome, it only took 2 hrs for you to get to your punch line. I also have a weird taste in my mouth. Ever since SO said I have smelly feet all I can taste wotsits? 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Some things are worth the wait

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’ve been a climber, and you haven’t smelled smelly shoes until you’ve smelled smelly climbing shoes.

The spray didn’t work for me – not powerful enough. The powder is much better. But it sounds like you have more of an issue than me.. I like the formaldehyde idea.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Ph, would this method kill foot fungus? I’ve suddenly developed a dodgy toe nail that my Doctor said will take a year minimum to sort out.

pitduck
    Free Member

(Some things are worth the wait).Here here 😆

emma82
    Free Member

Oh now my feet are itchy but I think I may just be paranoid about them with all this talk of fungus. My arms itching too 🙁

duntstick
    Free Member

This stuff works wonders…………………….

HermanShake
    Free Member

My bro had a similar deal, soak your feet in salted water (antibacterial innit) and it should be milder than that formaldehyde business up there ^.

If you’re wearing synthetic socks/tights etc then your feet will just be ripening throughout the day. Cotton or merino socks and letting your feet breathe by being barefoot at home helps.

Plastic flipflops will make it worse and if you’re wearing trainers without socks you’re asking to stink.

Zoolander
    Free Member

On a side note :
    That damn Tom cat keeps breaking into my damn house – trying to get it on with my darling female cats & spraying in the kitchen.
    Trying to rape my babies is one thing but stinking out my spuds is another – you gonna get it you furry beast 🙁

Anyone know how to get cat pee smell out of shoes? The washing machine didn’t seem to do it.

mboy
    Free Member

In my (not exactly) vast experience, most girls I’ve known (or been out with) get very smelly feet in the summer. The reason? Cos they don’t wear socks in general, but still wear shoes most of the day (to work etc).

Guys more often than not wear socks, and a shower once a day, clean socks every day, means that on the whole our feet don’t get the chance to smell too bad. Why do socks make the difference? Well, we change them after a day, then put clean ones on! You’re putting your feet into a shoe you’ve worn the last however many weeks in a row, without them having been washed, cleaned, de-odoured or anything! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

My ex used to wear trainers a lot without socks, and wondered why her feet smelled a lot. I bought her some new Vans to go cycling in, she wore socks with them every time, and despite trapsing through mud and god knows what, funnily enough cos she wore clean socks each time, they don’t smell anywhere near as bad!

IT’S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE GIRLS!!!

globalti
    Free Member

First of all stop wearing trainers; the polymer materials used actually absorb odour molecules as well as sweat and other disgusting stuff.

Wear clean socks every day.

Wash your feet daily and dry them carefully, especially between the toes.

Then treat the Athlete’s foot, which is breaking down your sweat into nasty amines and other stinky compounds. Get some Canestan cream but get the thrush variety because that contains 2% of Clotrimazol, which is the anti-fungal, rather than 1% in the athlete’s foot cream. Keep applying the Canestan to those cracks between your toes until they have healed and then once a week after that.

While you are using the Canestan, spray all your shoes a couple of times with an anti-fungal spray – Canestan or any of the other brands will do. But give up the trainers – how old are you? Trainers are for running in, that’s all.

Don’t forget to wash the bathroom floor and hot wash the bath mat. I once had a guest in my house who wore trainers and the bathroom stank after he had gone, just from the rancid sweat he left on the floor and the mat. It’s disgusting.

emma82
    Free Member

Oh, Mboy used capitals 😥 now I feel told off !

I always wear socks with my trainers and FWIW they don’t smell at all. I will ditch the shoes this weekend I think, can’t really wear socks with them so they are always destined to smell.

I shall need to brave work for the day covered in thrush cream by the sound of it (on my toes before you start thinking I’m a proper scutter) 😛

Can’t help with the cat rapist sorry? Maybe just kick it really hard?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You should start weeing on them in the shower. Sterile urine has been proven to cure smelly feet no matter how big they are.

HTH

avdave2

Tea tree oil.

emma82
    Free Member

Nice, how the hell am I supposed to manage that? I don’t have a willy to wave around?

hels
    Free Member

Zoolander – is is a proper full Tom cat ?

I suugest you drug it, kidnap it, take it to the SPCA and get it’s mens parts (sorry) surgically removed.

That will sort the problem nicely.

If it is neutered Tom then a lie in wait with a Super Soaker.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Emma / no need to pee On your feet when you csn borrow my already pee infested shoes. Problem solved.

Hels / can’t say I’ve thought of checking his weaponry – liking the supersoaker plan though. My previous plan was to chase him out and up the garden whilst doing some sort of an impression of a rabid chimpanzee – clearly it didn’t work.

afrothunder88

Odoreaters. Got a cheap set from eBay and they stopped my work trainers from stinking.

BermBandit
    Free Member

A simple one that often gets missed is to rinse your feet in cold water after bathing or showering. Its a squaddie trick. Basically hot bathing opens all your pores, then you pop your tooties into a sock/shoe which combo keeps them warm and therefore the pores open. This won’t stop your immediate problem which is down to bacteria, but its well worth doing on an ongoing basis to reduce the chances of a reoccurence, and your feet will be in a much better condition as a result. I had problems with sweaty feet and odour control/atheletes foot all my life until I discovered this. Its loads cheaper than piles of expensive powders potions and sprays and it works which is more than a lot of those can claim.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Well I’ve been a climber, and you haven’t smelled smelly shoes until you’ve smelled smelly climbing shoes.

This. And at one of the places i climb, as soon as you walk in you can smell the sweaty shoes. *minging*

Mol, what did you use in your climbing shoes that helped? Talc not doing much on 3+ hour long climbing sessions!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dirty… seen your e-mail, I’ll try and have a proper look at it tonight. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘My feet stink :(’ is closed to new replies.