Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • theotherjonv

I scored 300 once.

In a season.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well if they can last the day then it’s a draw…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Or they can get skittled and be on the first flight home.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and made it to lunch…
    185 to go and then add enough to end the day.

dantsw13

For once in this series I woke up happy. As I type though, starting to look flakey!

richmars

For once in this series I woke up happy. As I type though, starting to look flakey!

Very Flakey. Get the bags packed and book a taxi to the airport.

dantsw13

The Indians certainly know how to bowl on a day 5 India pitch. The irony of DRS really helping them too.

theotherjonv

So, what now? Will Cook go? Does he HAVE to go? I don’t think he’s actually captained badly, it’s not been his failings in that regard that have condemned us to this drubbing. Just lack of a decent spinning threat and inability to play turn on a wearing pitch.

And if he does go (which I think he will) – then what? Is it unthinkable he goes completely, leaving it open for Jennings and Hameed? I’d like him to stay – i think he’s got runs-a-plenty left in him – but maybe include both Hammed and Jennings, shuffle everyone else down 1 and extend the batting depth whilst giving (probably) Jennings a chance at 3. I’ve never been against having 3 openers at the top of the order, after all you could easily be facing the second ball of the game, and often be in within 30 mins of the start. At least in the ginger twins we have two top quality all rounders to balance the extra batsman.

mrhoppy

I don’t see Cook did a lot wrong tbh. He’s generally batted ok, not great but he’s putting runs on the board. He’s not been helped by being given squads with shit spinners and a batting line up that crumbles at any given moment.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to burden Root with the captaincy especially given the series we have coming up. With the arrival of Jennings and Hameed we have the making of a reasonable top 4, if Cook goes as Captain he may just walk and we’re back to having to find another top order batsman.

The selectors need a good long look at themselves and the coaching staff don’t appear to be doing much. All that said if I was Cook I’d be very tempted to walk away given the grief he’s getting from some areas.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good summary, MrH. I concur.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those horns are infuriating to say the least!

As was that stumping. Giving away a big hundred innings, I feel.

drlex
    Free Member

300 looks to be the limit.
    And that dirge from the ground…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well impressed I can watch it down here in Oz, though the picture quality is poor. Though want to keep swapping to Australia, Pakistan have a great chance to roll them at the MCG

drlex
    Free Member

crictime on the iPad, and ignore the Xoom ads.

Houns

I can’t listen to TMS due to the horns so watching it muted on the TV

drlex
    Free Member

Good acceleration there. May be just enough.

drlex
    Free Member

India having a wobble. Kohli next to go?
    Edit: good response – boundaries aplenty
    (Hopes to jinx it)

dantsw13

350 was a good score, not out of sight. We don’t seem able to squeeze them at all.

drlex
    Free Member

Yeah; current partnership looks untroubled. Ones and twos, and punishing the poorer bals. Only chance if they get lazy or we get a run out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Prediction?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Early wicket today. We’ll still lose.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh…..

Kholi gone! 22-2

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well.

This was unexpected.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

its the hope that kills you

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lessons to be learnt? Don’t tour India….
    Only upside is Austrlia are off there next

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

we did ok last time we toured india

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Squeaky bum time!

dantsw13

Great match – can’t call it in the 49th

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m following the Beeb tms website. Nervously waiting for the next refresh!

(744 again yesterday, Dan. Sorry!)

allthepies
    Free Member

C’mon!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oooof I’ve never had sky sports till now! What a great finish!!

dantsw13

Well bowled Woakes!!!!

One day, CFH…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What a finish!

Yep, one day! 🙂

dantsw13

The stats are quite interesting – batsmen top of the league, bowlers bottom, for England.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do enjoy it when Ben Stokes gets bored and does his whole “HULK SMASH!” style of play.

dantsw13

Low scoring T20s I often find the most interesting. I think England let Raina get away with 4 easy overs today.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My dear old things!

Antigua, a light dash of rain. Toss in ten.

dantsw13

I’m on a day off in St Lucia – tried to get a flight to Antigua to watch the game but failed.

drlex
    Free Member

Good score; how the dropping of Morgan must rankle! Now back home to watch the Windies’ batting display on crictime.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s a far cry from the days when the first international match of a WI tour was a Test on a shiny, glassy Sabina Park ‘wicket’ with thousands of fans yelling, screaming and dancing all over about an inch from the boundary.

Nowadays all the Windies players want to do is get picked for a twenty over slog-fest in India or Australia so they can strut around and chat up and try to shag female commentators. It’s lamentable for a side (never a nation) that used to only unite to steamroller all comers on a cricket pitch. To be honest, they did a fair amount of shagging back in the day, it’s just that they actually played some proper cricket as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.