Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 224 total)
  • Mistresses or lovers. Can it work?
  • shortcut

Much better to just get on with it. Good luck. Be nice to your wife, for everyones sake.
    Roll with the punches if you want to keep things good for the kids. Take
    Some time to introduce your lover to the kids.

Good luck again!

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

Have a hard long think … is it just sex or do you want a more intimate relationship?

In my own experience, honesty is the best policy, you have a long a rocky road ahead of you. You could argue that your marriage has ended (before your affair), as sex is (to some) a vital part of a loving partnership … sort of cements you together … and denying sex is a form of rejection.

Sadly this is an age old problem, and ultimately you and your family will be unhappy regardless of either lie you choose to live … keeping quiet or staying in a loveless marriage.

I feel in love with someone else … we are still together nearly four years on … my Son knows I love him (he is ten as well) … and he is doing ‘better’ now his parents are split than if we stayed together.

I’m not saying things are going to be easy at all or what the outcome will be … but your ‘journey’ sounds like it started many years ago.

Take care.

LycraLout
    Free Member

Have a hard long **nk

..and take it from there

bigrich

its de rigeur with the french, the saucy gits.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Decent troll, 8/10 for effort.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Troll or not it’s certainly brought in a myriad of opinions and statements, some funny, some serious, some potentially helpful. If you take a look at the majority of the posts the highest proportion say the same things, which on here is enlightening.
    So I’d say deffo 8/10 for a decent post.
    Now where’s the flamethrower and blinkers when you need em’ hahaha
    Good Luck.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

have a ****

supertramp
    Free Member

I would love to know more about the real ‘Desperategit’ I have a feeling this persona may not even be a man. But if it is a woman, which one ‘wife’ or ‘other’ 😕

nicky
    Free Member

Seriously I don’t think people can say too much unless they have been in the same position. It is difficult and all of us put up with bad situations at times.
    People are right in saying life is too short and you should enjoy it because you really don’t know when it will end.
    The children are the ones that will find this the most difficult but if you can try to sort things out amicably then that will help, if they are going to see argumant after argument then they will suffer.
    And I don’t think they will won’t too be involved with the new partner for quite a while. I would say tell your wife your not happy its over she may feel the same way, and then you can move on before it becomes public.
    I don’t expect you went out looking for this situation, it propably just kind of happened, and if your not happy at the time it is hard to walk away as you think you have found happiness. But if your not happy at home having this new partner may not be the answer but just a distraction.
    I hope this makes sense. Don’t feel bad because this happens to loads and loads of poeple, your not on your own at all.

supertramp
    Free Member

I don’t expect you went out looking for this situation, it propably just kind of happened

Nicky, I think you are right, best not to be judgemental as you never know – just because you have never been in this situation doesn’t mean you never will be!

There are all kinds of relationships in the world, many work, many don’t, regardless of their composition.

My only harsh thoughts are – why air it on here? do you realy need the input of online strangers to solve your emotional issues? If so maybe there are things besides this relationship you need to sort out.

now, will the real desperategit please stand up 😉

desperategit
    Free Member

wow – this one still going…

Yes I am a bloke. Not a troll. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Supertramp – good question – because when I started the thread there was no one I could discuss this with – and I thought I could do with some other perspectives. I have seen some helpful and well thought responses to other relationship questions on here before, more than on any other forum I have seen. And that happened here too. Thanks

supertramp
    Free Member

desperategit, read my older posts I beleive your situation could work. Maybe not forever, but then what does? it is better to have loved and lost and all that. Go for it and be happy 🙂

nicky
    Free Member

Yeah-you have to get on and be happy. Life can be too short and in sort of job I do it is a real eye opener-you just never know whats round the corner. People who find everlasting love are very fortunate it doesn’t happen for everyone, for some it just plain difficult. There is someone out there for everyone just hard work finding them.
    Just go be happy and main thing look after the children.
    Hi Supertramp. How did you get that bit I wrote up on your bit?
    Bit new to all this! Thanks

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

desperategit, now it is all resolved do we get to see who you are?

supertramp
    Free Member

Nicky, i just hit the quote button at the top of the reply box, cut and pasted your quote, then hit the button again. Might not be the correct method, but i’m very new to all this too. Love you profile pic by the way 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

Are men such selfish bars. though? How often do you refuse to something your spouse requests. “I need the car tonight, dear”. I dutifully push the car out, put the battery on charge, wash the dust off etc.. Going back a few years “I think his nappy needs changing”, I washed his arse and fitted a new nappy. “The sink’s blocked (with my hair) again, dear”, with not a hint of protest I start dismantling the thing.

Is it so unreasonable then for a man to say “if you don’t fancy a shag (because I’ve looked at the calendar) I’d appreciate a massage and hand job”? I don’t expect passion or even simulated passion every day but is providing a minimum service really any more arduous for a woman than ironing a few shirts, something I never asked my wife to do but you get the idea. Anyhow it works for us.

nicky
    Free Member

Yeah thanks. Got the glasses on to hide the face! Yours is cool to!!!!
    That was taken when I led a ride out from home for the club. Good ride to lots of hills, I made them suffer! Have been asked to put it on again because the scenery was gorgeous. So couldn’t have been that bad. Didn’t know that was being taken and that helps to.
    Thanks though 😛

supertramp
    Free Member

I didn’t notice the scenery 😉

nicky
    Free Member

[quoteI didn’t notice the scenery 😉
    You can’t beat the stunning Dorset scenery. Its fabulous. 😉
    Think I did the quote thing right-although doesn’t look quite the same as the others. Time for a black coffee one thinks. Shaftesbury Cycle Revival tomorrow if I can get in. Up Gold Hill where they did the Hovis bread adverts-should be fun apart from the weather!

supertramp
    Free Member

Nicky, your either missing my point, or are very shrewd 😀 I think it is the later 😉

nicky
    Free Member

I am shrewd :-)What ever that means. Really got to go to sleep. Too much wine tut tut. Family here from Eire, christening tomorrow and race if I get there. Apparently a years supply of Hovis bread for the winner! Can’t miss it! Good old Dorset hills. No I am not Irish.
    Dorset girl through and through. OMG my spelling is awfull.
    I am missing the point-missing alot of things really!!
    TTFN
    😯

spando
    Free Member

Sex is good but you can’t beat the real thing!

supertramp
    Free Member

So Nicky, did you win the bread? if so any chance of popping round for a slice of toast? 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

Get a room, you two!*

*Under the name Mr & Mrs Smith, obviously.

nicky
    Free Member

Not yet have been to brothers daughters christening this morning. Off up there shortly, my event not until 4.30. Its chucking it down with rain and the cobbles will be well slippy. This is a new thing for me normally do enduro hype things, but I love going up hills not sure about flat out. Will be fun and cold. Will let you know.
    Hey there are some strange remarks on here.
    Its a way to come for a slice of toast!!!!! 😀

supertramp
    Free Member

Nicky – all the best with the race, do i count that as an invite? 😀

nicky
    Free Member

Great day despite the foul weather, got up the hill and didn’t get out the saddle. A lot didn’t make it. Wasn’t very quick and only one in my age group anyway. Legs were like jelly after a bottle of hobgobblin put that right. It was a day for the road lads really. Prove to be quite popular. Should google Gold Hill-it’s steep and very pretty. Should be some pics up soon on website.
    No bread-no toast. Think your a bit of a cheeky monkey!!!!!!! 😆

supertramp
    Free Member

Well done for doing as well as you did, you can’t win them all! yes i suppose i am a bit cheeky. My email address is in my profile if you would like to hear more 🙂

nicky
    Free Member

Yeh you really are very cheeky. Think mines on my profile to?
    Think I am too old to be winning, thats for the young ones! It was fun and thats what counts. 😉
    Time for bed zebedee-boing

supertramp
    Free Member

Nicky – YGM 😉

Esme
    Free Member

YGM = virtual room???

Glad to see Supertramp is taking your advice seriously 😆

nicky
    Free Member

YGM
    I haven’t a clue what it stands for??? And whats a vitual room??? Not too good at all this shortened stuff! A lot of the comments don’t make any sense at all to me 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YGM – you got mail ie the person saying it has emailed you
    Get a room – don’t have a private chat on a public forum.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

supertramp – Member
    ………..

My only harsh thoughts are – why air it on here? do you realy need the input of online strangers to solve your emotional issues? If so maybe there are things besides this relationship you need to sort out.

I think it is often very useful to get other peoples perspectives to your problems. you have no need to take their advice but it often crystallises your own thoughts or gives you new ideas / a bit more perspective. with issues like this its hard to discuss it will people you know in the real world. Just take your large pinch of salt when listen to folks on here.

nicky
    Free Member

Yeah. Some of us are just a little bit new to this sort of thing and haven’t really done it before. So please forgive. But it is hardly like some of the cruder stuff that appears on here and there is a lot.
    But thanks for the telling all the same 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nicky – don’t worry about it.

supertramp
    Free Member

YGM – you got mail ie the person saying it has emailed you
    Get a room – don’t have a private chat on a public forum

dont have a private chat – rhat sounds quite ironic considering the subject matter of the topic 😆

So desperategit, can we have an update, what is the current wife/lover situation?

nicky
    Free Member

I am not saying anything. Don’t want to get into more trouble for private chatting!!!!!!Ha ha.
    Yeah would be nice to know what happens. Whatever it won’t be easy.
    Then life isn’t easy full stop…….

supertramp
    Free Member

I guess we will never know who that masked man ( I still think woman) really is 😕

cheeseburger
    Free Member

Edukator – Member

Are men such selfish bars. though? How often do you refuse to something your spouse requests. “I need the car tonight, dear”. I dutifully push the car out, put the battery on charge, wash the dust off etc.. Going back a few years “I think his nappy needs changing”, I washed his arse and fitted a new nappy. “The sink’s blocked (with my hair) again, dear”, with not a hint of protest I start dismantling the thing.

Is it so unreasonable then for a man to say “if you don’t fancy a shag (because I’ve looked at the calendar) I’d appreciate a massage and hand job”? I don’t expect passion or even simulated passion every day but is providing a minimum service really any more arduous for a woman than ironing a few shirts, something I never asked my wife to do but you get the idea. Anyhow it works for us.

Sounds like i’m in the early stages of a similar situation. Unsure how to proceed to be honest. Have talked it through quite a few times, with only short-lived improvements to the relationship.

Thing is we genuinely do get on very well, enjoy each other’s company etc. It just seems that she has very little sex-drive. The frustration and resentment on my part only serves to make this worse by causing tension between us.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 224 total)

The topic ‘Mistresses or lovers. Can it work?’ is closed to new replies.