• This topic has 87 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Michael Portillo has some 'interesting' garments don't he…
  • kayak23

🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Do you like them?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Is that you in the t-shirt/jeans combo?

Jamie
    Free Member

Can someone let Michael Portillo know he has a stalker.

….as well as the OP.

Pigface
    Free Member

known in the trade as a c*** jacket 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Trawling the web for photos of Michael Portillo… what a way to spend your time! 😯

isto
    Free Member

Stalker looks like Ray Donovan on a dress down day.

kayak23

DezB – Member 
    Trawling the web for photos of Michael Portillo… what a way to spend your time!

Hey, a man’s gotta have a hobby… 😀

fasthaggis

Never let other people dictate how you dress. 😉

Houns

I like his style.

Mind as most on here think jeans and a T are style then no doubt he’ll be mocked

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you were rich enough to by suit jackets like people in here buy (well half of them wouldn’t if they had the choice) food why not splash out on some fun one

binners

He’s a dapper mofo, and no mistake!

Do you remember when we all despised him? How on earth did he manage to transform himself from utterly loathsome epitome of everything nasty and Tory, to all round nice bloke, bordering on national treasure status?

seosamh77
    Free Member

binners – Member
    He’s a dapper mofo, and no mistake!

Do you remember when we all despised him? How on earth did he manage to transform himself from utterly loathsome epitome of everything nasty and Tory, to all round nice bloke, bordering on national treasure status?Everybody likes trains!

Must admit, if you told me 10/15 years ago that I’d enjoy watching portillo on the tele, I’d think you were mad! 😆

isto
    Free Member

Mind as most on here think jeans and a T are style then no doubt he’ll be mocked

How do you know how most on here dress? Just out of interest…..was a poll taken? Did a cravat not fair too well?

hora
    Free Member

I love watching Portillo but boy its colour-choice is alittle wild. Last night the ‘lemon’ jacket was VERY strong! 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Portillo is still a ****, but whoever is responsible for the irritating ‘music’ on GRJ is a worse ****.

hora
    Free Member

Portillo is still a ****

Why?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

How short your memories are…

hora
    Free Member

Let me guess your Dad didn’t look for a job outside of his street and this affected you mentally for the rest of your life? 😆

globalti
    Free Member

Can’t remember which episode it was but he once waltzed up to a middle-aged couple and the woman blurted out: “How nice to see you Mr Portalo….. Portillo!”

DezB
    Free Member

I still can’t stand him. The sound of his voice, the way he talks. His face.

binners

Not really. Bloody hell…. I’d hate people to have formed a permanent, unwavering opinion of me based on what I was like 15 years ago. Thats not really fair, is it?

Portillo genuinely seems to have learnt some humility, and had the horrible thatcherite arrogance knocked out of him. I like him on the This Week too.

hora
    Free Member

TBH I’d hold more against Blair for eternity than a Transport or Defence minister etc.

Get a grip.com

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, I always remember you being a whiny bawbag 😉

globalti
    Free Member

He has a pleasant, friendly manner without being over-familiar, something that only comes to most people with age and self-confidence. He also speaks with great brevity and clarity – he’d have made a good lawyer.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s a TV programme so he/the producer have decided to have a dress code/theme

MrWoppit
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Portillo is still a ****
    Why?

Probably because his political views don’t match the complainee’s. Oh the horror.

It always seems to be the lefty Kevins who are reduced to spite and getting all sweary at the drop of a hat. Or a jacket, in this case.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a TV programme so he/the producer have decided to have a dress code/theme

Not really. It’s just how he dresses.

rene59
    Free Member

He is still without doubt a ****. National treasure status my arse!

brassneck

Is the implication that there is a whiff of lavender about the man for dressing in non uniform grey/navy/black? 🙂

Have to say he has made a 100% swing in my opinion of him for the better for GRJ.

kayak23

A dope Hip-Hop DJ too?
    Who knew?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmu-z10ie_s[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah but he still doesn’t believe in equality of outcomes so he’s apparently a female genitalia feature.

… and how sexist is that?

geoffj

Portillo genuinely seems to have learnt some humility, and had the horrible thatcherite arrogance knocked out of him. I like him on the This Week too.

+1

I’ve met him (on the train actually a couple of times and he’s always come across quite humble.
    I bloody hate that show, This Week, he’s on with Dianne Abbot and Andrew Neil though.

ninfan
    Free Member

I blame Andrew Neil

By presenting the public with a stark weekly reminder of the alternative, he has clearly rejuvenated Portillo as appearing well balanced, sensible and reasonable.

Junkyard
    Free Member

unwavering opinion of me based on what I was like 15 years ago.

I bet you never said guff like this

I would have preffered 15* years ago where it went

yes top one
    Three doves
    #ManHugs#
    😉

* my mathsis clearly crap that is nearer 25 years 😯

nickc

I remember seeing him in a programme where he agreed to take on the role of a single mum on benefits. She (the mum) swanned off for a well earned break in a posh hotel, he managed the household (cooking cleaning school runs tea time bed time etc etc) for 4 lovely but unruly kids. By the end of I think the 4th or 5th day the mum couldn’t be away any longer and wanted to return.

Any-hoo, to his credit he did say that he found it near on impossible and realised just how hard it was. I think he’d already left politics by then. I seem to remember him being pretty stunned and lost for words.

kayak23

Yeah I remember that one too. A good thing for politicians to try I’d say.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like him, think the Guy is very intelligent and worthy of a listen. Great tone/delivery, admirable smile and controls the camera and audience very well indeed. Whether the folks who he’s chatting to/interviewing interacting with like his politics or not he certainly commands respect.

As for his blazers, well You really need to go down Old Skool Jermaine St to see that Portillos fashion sense is very much alive and very much kicking.

oldboy
    Free Member

Haven’t read the thread, but love his railway programmes.

seosamh77
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member
    Yeah I remember that one too. A good thing for politicians to try I’d say.

should be mandatory before talking office, 2 weeks in the real world.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Michael Portillo has some 'interesting' garments don't he…’ is closed to new replies.