Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Lets see your 29er Scandals
  • h4muf
    Free Member

WP_001790 by h4muf, on Flickr

Now with 100mm Rebas.

Bazz

Nice build Bazz. Old skool with a triple and bar ends. I like.

Thanks, 3X9 gives this bike a huge amount of versatility, and bar ends highly underrated imo, especially if your used to riding on the hoods of a road bike.

tk46hal
    Free Member

But now run it 1 x 10

svalgis
    Free Member

tk46hal, what stand is that?

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s an Andy Stand. Met Andy at a few events over the years and he’s a good guy. Good product too if you have a chainset it’ll fit. I think he does a collapsible one now too.

flybywire
    Free Member

RS rev 130mm 20mm bolt through fitted is great – BB not too high and handles well

19.5″ frame, had an 18″ but too small at 6′ even though normally 17-18″ xc 26″ wheel bike. Have flat 760mm bars fitted and on-one flipped 70mm stem. Superstar wheels are holding up well after 3months.. will see if bearings last winter!

svalgis
    Free Member

It’s an Andy Stand. Met Andy at a few events over the years and he’s a good guy. Good product too if you have a chainset it’ll fit. I think he does a collapsible one now too.

Cheers. Very clever piece of metal, I might have to get one. 🙂

flybywire
    Free Member

mrblobby
    Free Member

Flybywire, usually don’t like white rims and brown saddles but that is nice.

Going to start my build tomorrow hopefully 🙂

flybywire
    Free Member

cheers, these build up into various variants – rigid fork is good with big volume tyre.The saddle sort of co-ordinates with ano orange bars/tan grips and rotors.hubs are white switch evo.
    Mine’s quite burly at just over 29lbs but rolls well, raceking on the rear helps in 2.2flavour & mtn king 2.4 front.Going to try a mtn king on the rear or panaracer ardent.

andyg68

Here’s mine, built about two months ago. I really like it, so it’s a shame if it’s been discontinued.

epicyclo

Slightly different

LimboJimbo

Piiiinnk!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Finally got mine built 🙂 Not ridden yet but thought I’d get some snaps up before I get it muddy.

Bang on 23lbs. Seatpost, clamp and stem are heavy old parts bin jobs so some weight to come off there. Poor form on valve and logo alignment, and the stupid bar end plugs that came with the grips snapped, so need to find some more. Can’t wait to take it for a spin.

fatmax

I had a XL pink one (oo-er missus) 29er, which got nicked from my garage. Had it running rigid forks and fairly mid-range kit, and thought it was fantastic. Gutted that I don’t have it, as can’t afford a new one at the moment.

mrblobby
    Free Member

fatmax, that sucks 🙁

sandwicheater

Need to weigh mine but feels blooming light compared to my old 456.
    I’m loving it. Fisrt 29er
    Just after build

Untitled by sandwicheater, on Flickr

Muddy muddy ride on Sunday
    [/url]
    Untitled by sandwicheater, on Flickr[/img]

canefrog
    Free Member

I ordered an 18″ 29er scandal last week when they had 15% off. They took my money, but I got no email confirmation. I spoke to them on the phone at the weekend (after being on hold for a lifetime) and they said they were out of stock and discontinued, but that they had some remaining ones coming in from the states. Then on Monday they said no, definitely not got any. They offered me an alloy Fireline instead, but that I wouldn’t get it until February. 30 mins later I saw a used one on ebay and snapped it up!

What length fork are most people running? I’m not sure whether to go for 80mm or 100mm (primarily for XC racing). I run 80mm on my current 26er Scandal and get on well with that, if that’s relevant…

Will post a pic when I get it built up

scotroutes

🙄

nuke

… but they told me they’d checked with purchasing and were on order. ‘It’s one of our most popular frames’.

This is what I would have thought so I find these rumours that it’s been discontinued strange. Scandal is a bargain and a great way to get a sub 4lb frame for under £200. Be mad to discontinue it imo

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Its going through a few changes right now but here is one from this summer

Cornwall by Tyred Cyclist, on Flickr

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Halfrods sell Hope now? Jeeze.

mrblobby
    Free Member

They did, but only online. How stopped, hence the selling off of stock at bargain prices 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your 29er Scandals’ is closed to new replies.