Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Laggan Wolftrax – how much climbing?
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Were of to Laggan on Sunday…how much climbing is there to do on the red route if we use the uplift to the orange bike pak?? Thanks

spando
    Free Member

MTFU

clubby

Very little. About 5 minutes on an easy fire road up to the start then a few small single track climbs on route. If you do the upper red first then you’ll come out half way up the uplift and have that to do again to get to the drop off point.
    To be honest though unless you have young kids or really unfit people the uplift is a bit of a waste of money. The climb to the orange isn’t that big.

ojom
    Free Member

What they said. The ‘climb’ is a shallow gradient fire road which is not long.

SBrock
    Free Member

Ok I didn’t mention we will be on DH rigs as will be doing the black as well

legend
    Free Member

DH bikes at a trail centre? Really?

SBrock
    Free Member

We can only take 1 bike as at fort bill on the monday, maybe give it a miss then

matt_outandabout

It is not too far a walk, equally uplift service is there for a reason. My 9 year old pedals up the climb on a 24″ wheeled bike.

jameso

black route is great but maybe a bit tame for a dh bike, shame to miss it if you’re there tho as it’s one of the better trail centre runs imo.

mactheknife

SBrock, the uplift is perfect for you if you have DH bikes, not a long push at all but a bit overkill for the red. You will have a blast on the black.

£2 a bike i think. Enjoy, u have got the weather for it

SBrock
    Free Member

6″ bikes it is then

martymac

£2 a bike, but minimum 4 bikes.
    i found the climb hard work, but i do weigh 23 stone, i managed the red route with no problem on a 130mm hardtail though.
    obviously someone lighter than me would absolutely romp up the climb, its not actually steep.

Northwind

The uplift doesn’t actually go up very far. I could ride my dh bike to the top without any bother but I don’t think there’s much where it’d be fun coming back down tbh. I’d hire a bike and get in a proper day’s riding, or go somewhere where the dh bikes would be the right tool.

geoffj

Just back from there. Uplift is worth the £2 if you are on DH bikes IMHO, but many folk spin or push them up.
    Make sure you do Ayres Rock.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Wolftrax – how much climbing?’ is closed to new replies.