Viewing 40 posts - 17,161 through 17,200 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why use a Killfile? You would miss the fun of the posts especially when people make such an effort these days…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Why use a Killfile?

When thm basically admits to trolling or just posting pissed as he did I’m hurting eu thread

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No I enjoy reading what people think and say. You can chose how/if you want to respond/join in or not

dazh

What have we done to deserve these kind of politicians. And to think he could easily be the next PM

Obviously Corbyn can’t be PM if he disagrees with Morgan Stanley. I do find it hilarious that you guys still don’t get this. Whilst you ask this, millions more are asking ‘What have we done to deserve all these bankers and parasites who get obscenely rich at the expense of everyone else’. This is why he could easily be the next PM. If/when it happens, like with brexit are you going to stop moaning and accept the democratic outcome?

Lifer
    Free Member

You just ignore his questions then. Rude.

Northwind

teethgrinder – Member

Capitalism at its best
    FFS, how is this allowed to go on every time?

Not so much allowed as encouraged. What a joke. It’s almost as though it was frantically privatised because the success of the public-run east coast didn’t fit with the privatisation agenda eh.

RustySpanner

teamhurtmore – Member
    No I enjoy reading what people think and say. You can chose how/if you want to respond/join in or not

You raised this topic, in fact you started the thread.

How about answering the point raised by DD?

ninfan
    Free Member

He was responding to Morgan Stanley’s comments about him

So do we get to call him a grudge holding spoilt man child who can’t take criticism?

As for Morgan Stanley… I hope nobody looks at their board of directors

https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us-governance/board

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

when people make such an effort these days…

😆

You think a quick fact check of some of your posts takes “such an effort”?*

*Note the use of quotation marks. You said “such an effort” so I used quotation marks. You do know how these work don’t you?

Anyway, this is turning into my question to you on your BS post about Irish domestic politics on the EU thread. Your lack of an answer is an answer in itself – just a more cowardly version of the grown-up one.

RustySpanner

So do we get to call him a grudge holding spoilt man child who can’t take criticism?

Corbyn?

You can if it makes you feel better sweetie.

But responding to criticism seems perfectly reasonable to me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ah the studs are back 😉

RustySpanner

What’s that supposed to mean?

Genuine question btw.

molgrips
    Free Member

But responding to criticism seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Especially when he uses it to make a political point, cos that’s his job and all.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s that supposed to mean?

It means “I can’t answer the question that has been asked.”

Watch out for future mentions of “abuse”, “posse”, “bullied off the thread”.

enfht
    Free Member

I guess voting for a marxist chancellor can get folk into this odd state of denial

Who’s denying it.

Unfortunately for those of you who are proudly far left, the vast majority who voted for a marxist chancellor did so in blissful ignorance.

kerley
    Free Member

the vast majority who voted for a marxist chancellor did so in blissful ignorance.

How do you know that. What if the vast majority of people who are voting Labour are doing so because they think the Labour economic model is a fairer / better model ?
    I would say more people vote for the Conservative party in blissful ignorance as they are not part of the 5% that actually benefit from having a Conservative party.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Whilst you ask this, millions more are asking ‘What have we done to deserve all these bankers and parasites who get obscenely rich at the expense of everyone else’.

The city pays around £72B of tax each year – enough to pay more than half of the NHS budget or the cost of Army, Police and Fire combined. Although banker bonuses give a cheap headline most of the wealth flows into the pension schemes etc that anyone not in the public sector will rely on in their old age.

What “millions” should be asking is – if Corbyn’s crackpot policies do result in a flight of capital (as most international commentators seem to agree), how much more will those millions themselves have to pay? Each £2B increase the government spends is around 1p on the basic rate of income tax or thereabouts. Perhaps people will only really be able to connect the dots on Corbynomics when they are paying more than 50% tax.

5thElefant
    Free Member

How do you know that. What if the vast majority of people who are voting Labour are doing so because they think the Labour economic model is a fairer / better model ?

Clearly no normal person would vote for a Marxist. Normal people don’t support a system that requires millions to die.

ransos
    Free Member

Clearly no normal person would vote for a Marxist. Normal people don’t support a system that requires millions to die.

I look forward to your explanation.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

It is likey that labour will win the next election, this is simply down to the Tory party being unable to keep sufficient voters happy to win. We can discuss the merits of fiscal approach but the reality is that people now vote against things rather than for things. I think Cornyn understands this and the Tory party have yet to come to terms with this and the right wing dogma of the Tory Party is destroying their ability to win an election.

MSP

It is likey that labour will win the next election, this is simply down to the Tory party being unable to keep sufficient voters happy to win. We can discuss the merits of fiscal approach but the reality is that people now vote against things rather than for things. I think Cornyn understands this and the Tory party have yet to come to terms with this and the right wing dogma of the Tory Party is destroying their ability to win an election.

PMSL! Really? The tories have run every campaign for the past 40 years purely on attacking the opposition.

jambalaya
    Free Member

MS note was a statement of the bleeding obvious. A Corbyn Government with John The Marxist as Chancellor would be many times more distruptive to the UK econony than will be Brexit. Easy responce from Corbyn to say banks should be afraid, appeals to his Momentum core. Just a tiny bit inconvenient that Alasdair McDonald is a MS emoyee with a million dollars in stock rewards

jambalaya
    Free Member

@oldman well the polls (*) don’t show that. Tory vote is static and Labour are not making sufficient inroads to win more seats despite all the Brexit disruptions

What’s really worrying for Labour is Bristol Labour council planning a trebling of council tax for “the rich”. Leopards and spots. The Middle classes are well aware of the tax raid a Corbyn Labour government will bring

(*) yes I know but thats all we have to go on here

dazh

The city pays around £72B of tax each year

Ahaha! Are you lot still using that line of argument?

I’m sure the millions of people cast into poverty by austerity and suffering with lower incomes as a result of the financial crisis are deeply grateful for their largesse. The more this rubbish is repeated, the more people flock to the ‘marxists’.

jam-bo

(*) yes I know but thats all we have to go on here

150 😉

kilo

jambalaya – Member

What’s really worrying for Labour is Bristol Labour council planning a trebling of council tax for “the rich”.

Cite? And provide an answer to my query on the eu hmrc thread while you’re at it 😉

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

You clearly need to learn about the various political ideologies – because that statement demonstrates you presently don’t have a clue. 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Although banker bonuses give a cheap headline most of the wealth flows into the pension schemes etc that anyone not in the public sector will rely on in their old age.

SOURCE and proof please I am calling BS on that

Each £2B increase the government spends is around 1p on the basic rate of income tax or thereabouts.

SOURCE and proof please Also calling BS on that

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jezzas diatribe on MS was brilliant for the fact it had so many factual errors – it would make a Brexshiteer blush!

But McDonald is being sensible. Populism succeeds despite being BS indeed arguably because of it. Even he doesn’t understand what he is saying about borrowing and ruturnd so his safe with the voters. Offer free snake oil for all and Bob’s your uncle

ransos
    Free Member

Jezzas diatribe on MS was brilliant for the fact it had so many factual errors – it would make a Brexshiteer blush!

Cite.

Northwind

5thElefant – Member

You’re getting your ideologies mixed up a bit, that’s Sauron you’re thinking off

ninfan
    Free Member

How else do you propose to sweep the bourgeoise out of the way?

kerley
    Free Member

How else do you propose to sweep the bourgeoise out of the way?

I thought they were all going to be leaving the country ?

ninfan
    Free Member

I thought they were all going to be leaving the country ?

Incompatible with the concept of united international proletarian action

codybrennan
    Free Member

Corbyn “fan” here- did his comments on MS did contain some factual errors? As covered here for those who want to read further:

https://news.sky.com/story/corbyn-takes-on-wall-street-but-do-his-claims-stand-up-11151621

This view now seems to have taken hold generally- that MS and other institutions who didn’t need a bailout were therefore blameless.

But thats wrong. MS had to pay a $3.2B settlement in the US over sub-prime lending:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/11/466399992/morgan-stanley-will-pay-3-2-billion-for-contributing-to-mortgage-crisis

“Morgan Stanley knew that it was selling securities backed by residential mortgages with “material defects” — such as loans that were “underwater,” where the loan was larger than the value of the house.

Internal emails helped document that the company was fully aware of the high risks of the loans it was securitizing, the New York attorney general’s office writes:

In a May 31, 2006 email, the head of Morgan Stanley’s team tasked with doing due diligence on the value of properties underlying the mortgage loans asked a colleague, ‘please do not mention the ‘slightly higher risk tolerance’ in these communications. We are running under the radar and do not want to document these types of things.’
    “In another email on November 21, 2006, a member of the Morgan Stanley due diligence team forwarded a list of questionable loans, seeking review and approval to purchase them and adding ‘I assume you will want to do your ‘magic’ on this one?’ “
    The settlement announced Thursday was negotiated by a working group including both federal and state authorities, led by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.”

Corbyn is right- bailout or no, they were up to their necks in it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This view now seems to have taken hold generally- that MS and other institutions who didn’t need a bailout were therefore blameless.

Nope.

But nice diversion from your hero’s actual comments. Still who needs facts these days. One or two sugars with your snake oil sir?

codybrennan
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Nope.

But nice diversion from your hero’s actual comments. Still who needs facts these days. One or two sugars with your snake oil sir?

I’m not attempting a diversion from his comments. To assert that I am is t allege that I’m trying to dissemble.

What I’m saying is- his comments are correct.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Jamba it’s best not to look at the polls, the last election was a Tory landslide apparently?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No they are not. Far from. Lots of errors. Your choice if you want to “believe” them though

Viewing 40 posts - 17,161 through 17,200 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.