Viewing 40 posts - 10,721 through 10,760 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

So Corbs has magnanimously said that ‘most MP’s will not face mandatory re-selection

Translation: Local members will decide whether they wish to reselect their local MPs. Momentum will campaign via their database for reselection of those they want kocked out to face a contest. Corbyn-istas will not face a Momentum campaign for reselection. That of course isn’t mandatory re-selection its local democracy.

BTW did people see the Dispathes programme where Mkmentum activists woeking on the elect JC campaign (and being paid from those donations) have been building their Momentum database as clicking on a “I support JC” actually adds them to a Momentum database with authorisation for that well hidden in then T&C’c

jambalaya
    Free Member

I take it a moderate centrist such as yourself feels the same about the ‘hard’ right?

Absolutely that’s just one reason why I wanted the immigration issue dealt with by the mainstream parties Labour/Lib Dem/Tory as you leave no room for more extreme left or right parties. UKIP where the only party campaigning for an EU exit, arguably they are representing the majority on that issue and as the only party with that stance the more moderate parties gave them an open goal.

I am pro welfare state, a high quality health service, anti-EU. I am pro a sustainable and responsible budget.if the economy is daffy ducked it’s the poorest who suffer the most. Not rocket science. I am pro taxation of “offshore” business like Amazon/Apple/Starbucks/Facebook/Google etc there are many billions available there

Junky favouring individuals with a British passport isn’t racist. We have a broad population and as ethnic minority groups are “over represented” amongst the poor favouring British citizens in terms of welfare is very far from racist. There was a stat released which showed EU citizens where twice as likely to claim in work benefits as Brits.

molgrips
    Free Member

There was a stat released which showed EU citizens where twice as likely to claim in work benefits as Brits.

Any idea why?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Junky favouring individuals with a British passport isn’t racist. We have a broad population and as ethnic minority groups are “over represented” amongst the poor favouring British citizens in terms of welfare is very far from racist. There was a stat released which showed EU citizens where twice as likely to claim in work benefits as Brits.

I would be very interest to see those stats as they conflict with the ones that I am aware of.

edit: actually checked – the “twice as likely” claim is incorrect. However, EU citizens are more likely to claim in-work benefits but less likely to claim out of work benefits

ctk
    Free Member

ie more likely to be in work and more likely to be in lower paid work so entitled to tax credits.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Translation: Local members will decide whether they wish to reselect their local MPs. Momentum will campaign via their database for reselection of those they want kocked out to face a contest. Corbyn-istas will not face a Momentum campaign for reselection. That of course isn’t mandatory re-selection its local democracy.”

This.

Klunk
    Free Member

This.

well they can’t have any complaints as it’s exactly what they tried to do to JC, what goes around comes around 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

They never wanted him removed as an MP.

I see he is going to appoint a

minister for peace and disarmament

I assume it will be headed up by Miss World? Joking aside I can’t see many folk being impressed by that, most people realise the world is far from the ideal we’d like it to be and a strong defence is necessary.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

FFS – just split into two and stop the pretence. As Prescott said this morning, the Labour Party has always been spilt, but with the split so glaring, why dont they have the balls to face up to reality. The current gulf between the electables and the non-electables is too wide to bridge effectively – so GFI, be BRAVE!

outofbreath
    Free Member

“well they can’t have any complaints as it’s exactly what they tried to do to JC, what goes around comes around”

I didn’t make any claim about whether that action was right, merely that it was going to happen.

Blame again.

I get the feeling that Labour’s entire 2020 GE strategy is going to be “Yes we’re going to lose and we don’t expect you to vote for us but you see, it’s all the other faction’s fault”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junky favouring individuals with a British passport isn’t racist. We have a broad population and as ethnic minority groups are “over represented” amongst the poor favouring British citizens in terms of welfare is very far from racist.

I am fairly confident you will find that favouring one nationality over another is indeed the very definition of racism. FFS you are discriminating based on race/nationality. You do make me laugh. Anyway the point was our benefits were generous, they are not, and not whether they should only be accessed by British nationals.

Possibly have to leave the ECHR to get away with that one and it wont be any less racist.

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Source for the 96% of Jewish members?
    Lifer, this thread and link posted by another STWer, sounds like you missed it

Ah, so what you actually mean is 92% of the 59% of the 1500 members of Jewish Labour Movement who voted. Not at all the same thing as 96% of Jewish members.

drlex
    Free Member

why dont they have the balls to face up to reality.

Too busy with learning the tango and book-signing?

binners

Well at least we’ll get to see more of Dianne Abbot in her roles as shadow foreign secretary, education minister, Home Secretary, and minister for wominz.

You can never have too much Dianne. And she’s a proven vote winner

Every cloud….

gerti
    Free Member

Wow! Jeremy Corbyn has 307 pages on STW. I guess it must be the beard. I bet he rides a singlespeed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I assume it will be headed up by Miss World

😀 😀 Department will also be responsible for caring for children amd its favourite colour will be Red White and Blue

Junky every single country in the world (outside the EU) favours it’s own citizens ahead of others. That is not remotely racsist. On benefits our system is too generous as it’s non contributory (ie you can claim benefits without years of prior contributions), if we where to chnage that therenwould be such uproar fom Brits its never going to happen.

Lifer well that read accross is more than good enough for me, did you see the following today (BBC Sunday Politics)

Lord Mitchell longtime Labour member has resigned today saying Labour is no longer a safe place for Jews or supporters of Israel. He is Jewish. He holds pretty similar views to me on the Chakrabati whitewash and the very unplesant anti-Semitic tone of the Labour Party and those surrounding Corbyn. Here is one quote

But even more than that he surrounds himself with a coterie of people who hold violent, violent anti-Israel views and allied with it they are very hostile to Jews so, in my view, they’re pretty bad guys.

RustySpanner

Ta for the reply Jambs.
    🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tmh Did your hear Corbyn’s comment on Marr about the impact of EU labour on wages and working conditions in general and in Lincolnshire in particular ? JC clearly didn’t read your various economist links to how a huge supply of cheap Labour doesn’t affect wages, I imagine he spoke to local residents and they haven’t read them either. They are just commenting based upon first hand experience.

@Rusty my pleasure, I do try and have a reasoned debate. Not always successful obviously.

molgrips
    Free Member

the very unplesant anti-Semitic tone of the Labour Party

I still have no idea what people are on about with that.

They are just commenting based upon first hand experience.

I’m sure they have first hand experience of low wages but it might not be because of labour supply.

dazh

It’s pretty simple. If you’re not in favour of the state of Israel murdering palestinians and illegally occupying their land, or show any support for the palestinians in any form, then that makes you an anti-semite and a bona fide hater of jews. I’m not sure what’s worse, the deliberate and disgraceful twisting of the truth itself, or the brazen way in which they’re using one of the worst instances of racially-motivated genocide to score some petty political points against Corbyn and his supporters. This one aspect of the past year has been the most disgraceful and pathetic example of the depths they will stoop to. They deserve deselection just for this, but such has logic and common sense been turned on it’s head by the PLP and their media friends that being a lying, slanderous **** has somehow been spun as being the victim.

rone

File me under that too. Labour may have the odd skeleton in the closet but this is the very definition of Tory spin.

rone

tmh Did your hear Corbyn’s comment on Marr about the impact of EU labour on wages and working conditions in general and in Lincolnshire in particular ?

So you agree with him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This reply just HAS to be from a parody account.

If not….. 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

@molgrips if you wish drop me an email with a phone number and I’ll call you. When Jewish Labour party member after member is telling you there is a problem and MPs like John Mann and Chucka say there is a problem, there is a problem. David Mitchell is just the latest figure to make a statement and leave the party.

Harder left has always strayed from supporting Palestine via being anti-Isreal policy to be anti-Isreal in general (20% Isrealis are Arab and not all Isreali’s support the governments policy) and that anti-Isreal in general morhphs into outright anti-semtism as all Jews are treated as being agents of the Isreali state. Add in Corbyn meeting wth Hamas and Hezbollah and you have an inadvertant standars bearer for anti-Semitism. Also as Isreal is strongly supported by the US the harder left anti-Capitalists align with anything which opposes the US or their foreign policy.

Note anti-Zionists which many in Momentum are means anti the right of Jews to have a homeland. Its not a group campaigning for a 2 state solution but the eradication of the state of Isreal, the one and only Jewish state. The BDS movement is widely seen to be anti-Semitic, BDS is another cause popular with Momentum members.

The specific Corbyn issues began with Oxford Uni Labour Club members reporting anti-Semitic abuse of Jewish students by Momentum members and Jewish party members beung harrasses by the same. Reported to party and Uni. Report commissioned but full contents inc details of ghe abuse covered up by Corbyn via commission a second and third report. The third report was the Chakrabati one. Even from terms of reference you can see its a cover up. Corbyn has long associated with anti-Semites who are part of the Stop The War coalition. I think there are so eqthjng like 50 Labour members inc counsellors and of course Livingstone currently suspended for anti-Sentism. IMO that’s just the tip of a very large and very sinister iceberg

Let’s bery very clear its perfectly legitimate to oppose Isreals policy on say the West Bank. What is not is to shout abuse at Jewish students attending Uni or to repeat anti-Semtic statements such as Jews control the media, money/banking, the US and/or UK Government etc

Corbyn could have dealth with this firmly 9 minths ago, however he chose not to. There is no good reason for why he has done that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rone the anti-Semitic issue is a real one and has been flagged more by those within Labour than Tories.

Yes I agree that uncontrolled immigration depresses wages and wroking conditions. I was firmly Leave and for his entire career Corbyn has been anti-EU. So on that issue I think we share the same ground. I do believe his non-Campaigning was deliberate, fellow MPs asked him if he had actually voted Leave.

ctk
    Free Member

Shocking anti-Semitic behaviour as reported in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8870909/Oxford-Tories-nights-of-port-and-Nazi-songs.html

Are these the students you mean J?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes I agree that uncontrolled immigration depresses wages and wroking conditions.

Fine, it still doesn’t make it true.

But I guess that’s obvious, because it isnt and it doesn’t. And that doesnt refer to the “jncontroled” fabrication, it refers to the bit about wages etc.

ctk
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11345858/Revealed-the-most-anti-Semitic-people-in-Britain-and-who-they-vote-for.html

Interesting ukip voters most likely to be anti-Semitic, followed by Tories. A problem of the left hmmm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes I agree that uncontrolled immigration* depresses wages and wroking conditions.

It’s OK he is just agreeing with his own claims….
    *Over 50% of the UK’s immigration is via a visa programme which is 100% controlled…. (but we have pointed this out before)

anyway back to JC 😉 nice tweet link from CFH on the previous page, 62% of people who would vote Labour support JC so according to that poll about 15% of the population…

Time for some policy taking the government to task over Brexit etc. in the end he needs no serious policy until 1 year out from an election but they do need to agree behind closed doors where they stand on government policy or they are screwed.
    As said many times it’s the job of a leader to lead. If you can’t lead your own party what hope of a country. At this rate without either very strong whips (I think we are talking Kevin Spacy style here) or a shake up of MP’s on the slim chance they get into government they will never pass any legislation due to infighting.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

62% of people who would vote Labour support JC so according to that poll about 15% of the population…

Morning, Mike, and thanks for doing the math.*

*As they say in these parts!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, have since established that the reply was from a parody account.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A parody of JC, a parody of the Labour party or just somebody who could probably launch an IT policy without a pub blackboard….
    Seriously this satire stuff is getting harder and harder

Junkyard
    Free Member

have since established that the reply was from a parody account.

No shit sherlock

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t wish to see this thread het derailed but it is an central issue to Corbyn’s leadership. Thenlast Corbyn / Owen hustings where in London in front of a Jewish audience. It’s fair to say Corbyn’s reception there was very negative.

@ctk so did the Tories seek out Jewish students shouting slogans and singing “Rockets over Tel Aviv” ? Did the University Tory club abuse it’s own Jewish members ?

Do UKIP and Tories have anti-Israel policies ?
    Where the councils in Glasgow and Leicester that flew Palestinian flags over the town hall and support BDS Tory or UKIP ?
    Was the MP who declared Bradford an Isreali free zone UKIP/Tory ?
    Did the oeader of UKIP or Conservatives declare Hamas a friend, Hamas has a written constitution calling for the destruction of the state of Isreal by armed Jihad ?

The Tory party has passed laws preventing town halls declaring support for BDS

ScottChegg
    Free Member

So – to recap.

Corbyn’s Labour – unelectable
    UKIP – Ridiculous
    LibDem – Poisoned by the Coalition
    Tory – Well, they’re Tories; what can you expect?

Who do people vote for?

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Thenlast Corbyn / Owen hustings where in London in front of a Jewish audience. It’s fair to say Corbyn’s reception there was very negative.

That’s not how the Jewish Times reports it:

Although Owen Smith received more support from the audience across the debate, Corbyn fared better than might have expected and received a rapturous response when discussing the Jewish community’s role during the Battle of Cable Street

dazh

Harder left has always strayed from supporting Palestine via being anti-Isreal policy to be anti-Isreal in general (20% Isrealis are Arab and not all Isreali’s support the governments policy) and that anti-Isreal in general morhphs into outright anti-semtism as all Jews are treated as being agents of the Isreali state.

So you’ve gone from supporting the Palestinians, to being anti-Israeli govt, to anti-Isreali people, to anti-Jews. What a load of bollox. Sorry I can’t be arsed to actually respond with anything sensible because that’s such a ridiculous warping of logic and outright inuendo even my 12 year old could spot the stupidity of it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do UKIP and Tories have anti-Israel policies ?

and here we have the lie laid bare

Faed with irrefutable proof of what parties harbour the racists – who knew it was right wing folk who were the racists eh who knew- he then just brings up Israel and cherry picks furiously

You just dont have fact based opinions do you.

TO quote Daz

If you’re not in favour of the state of Israel murdering palestinians and illegally occupying their land, or show any support for the palestinians in any form, then that makes you an anti-semite and a bona fide hater of jews. I’m not sure what’s worse, the deliberate and disgraceful twisting of the truth itself, or the brazen way in which they’re using one of the worst instances of racially-motivated genocide to score some petty political points against Corbyn and his supporters

Its BS to equate a critique of Israel with anti semitism – tbh the defenders of israel realise they have no moral way of defending it so they prefer to shoot the messenger by screaming racist.
    Its complete BS and to have to listen to folk who are happy to peddle the fear of Islam or immigrants, to win votes, is risible I am not having a lecture from you , of all people , on racism . Hela thyself.

Where the councils in Glasgow and Leicester that flew Palestinian flags over the town hall and support BDS Tory or UKIP ?

IN what sense is this anti – semitic? Does everyone who flies a flag do it because they are racists against another country? Is Israel just special in that respect?

Was the MP who declared Bradford an Isreali free zone UKIP/Tory ?

he wasnt in the labour party either

You can find racist anywhere even on here. However the facts are
    1. More rw folk are racist than left wing folk
    2. Criticism of israel or support for Palestine is not proof of anti semitism though claiming it is proof of stupidity

molgrips
    Free Member

If I think Zimbabwe’s government is bad does that make me racist?

Viewing 40 posts - 10,721 through 10,760 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.