Viewing 40 posts - 5,761 through 5,800 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Well at least he can be warmed by the fact that you are listening to him though
    There are certain people on here whose posts if they go beyond one paragraph I usually ignore, you’re one of them btw,

Im touched

I even occasionally read Chewwy’s posts

As above, a true unity candidate perhaps?

…I always try to read mefty’s posts in their entirety, no matter how long they are. What do you think that might mean?

Given that you described yourself earlier as a piss-taker on here, it sounds like you are much happier dishing it out than receiving it. Is mefty a Thatcher fan too?

johnx2
    Free Member

…anyway, from John Harris

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/29/whoever-leader-is-labour-may-never-recover-crisis

On one side is the current leader and a small band of leftist diehards, backed by an energetic, well-drilled movement but devoid of any coherent project and out of touch with the voters who have just defied the party in their droves. On the other is a counter-revolution led by MPs who mostly failed to see this crisis coming, have very few worthwhile ideas themselves, and are a big part of the reason the Brexit revolt happened in the first place. As the activist Neal Lawson says, the choice is essentially between different captains of the Titanic, and therefore is no choice at all.

What I’ve seen is Corbyn supporters – friends of mine – who were enthused and came into Labour because of Corbyn, and who are now trying to deselect sitting MPs (in Bristol and in Shipley – these are just the ones I’ve discussed this with).

They’ve no loyalty to Labour (no reason they should have I guess, tbe party’s a means to an end not an end in itself?), and would rather bring down what they call “Blairites” (i.e. anyone anti Corbyn), with the end of the labour party just collateral damage.

If we were in any kind of PR system, even this would be survivable, but we’re not.

All I’m left with are the wise words of Sir Richard Mottram

Also applicable to the general political situation atm…

Actually will that get me banned? I realise this isn’t Mumsnet. Would editing be a good idea?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ernie absolutely no one thinks Corbyn can win an election including Blair, to say he is “terrified” of that outcome is just daft. What Blair and others in the party are terrified of is the “Scottish outcome”

@welsh PR is dead for our lifetimes, we had the Referendum on AV driven by the Lib Dem (who should have pressed for PR) and that was lost

ctk
    Free Member

So 5 Tory MPs want Corbyn in and Cameron wants Corbyn out. Mmm who to trust, who to trust?

ransos
    Free Member

Well only 2/3 ish voted IN which was the official Labour policy on the EU Ref (although in fairness I bet most of them didn’t know that as Labour’s campaign was so low key).

Remain was also official government policy, which was hardly a secret.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

How did 4% of kippers vote remain?!

binners

Onwards to the bright, bold Labour future comrades!

stgeorge

How did 4% of kippers vote remain?!

Ukip MEPs , job protection vote

ransos
    Free Member

Ukip MEPs , job protection vote

You mean they bothered turning up to vote? Doesn’t seem likely…

yunki
    Free Member

mefty
    Free Member

I would happy to accept defeat if I thought that if in the future Labour Party members wanted to nominate someone else without the interference of the PLP they would be allowed to.

Fair enough, which of course I guess begs the question in your mind that if the MPs are so bloody good at winning elections, why can’t they encourage enough people to join the Labour party to vote in the electable leader that they desire.

wwaswas

So as a rebuttal of anti-semitism in the Labour Party Corbyn’s compared Israel to Islamic State.

‘cos that’s going to work every time.

(yes, I know but the bloke could have chosen not to make the comparison and avoided the whole Israel ? Jews thing)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Look on the bright side – at least the Labour shambles wont be front page news today – its Tory Thursday!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So if BoJo gets in, and Corbyn remains, we’ll have two leaders hated by their MPs, but loved by their base?

mefty
    Free Member

Boris has pulled out.

5thElefant
    Free Member

BoJo is out. Gove vs JC? 😯

AlexSimon

Theresa looks fav now to me. Blimey

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why “blimey”? She’s always been the strongest candidate.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

which probably means she will not win, Gove, Leadsom both more likely

AlexSimon

Mr Woppit – Member

Why “blimey”? She’s always been the strongest candidate. Blimey – because I’m worried about the consequences.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member
    which probably means she will not win, Gove, Leadsom both more likely

Don’t be so daft, biggie. 😉 😀

epicyclo

Blimey, the Tories are running out of Bullingdon boys to screw things up.

Maybe they could recruit some of the Blairite Tories who aren’t happy that the party they belong to has a leader who supports its principles.

They could screw up the country just as well, although it would be with a left-hand thread.

Or, the Tories Brexit, and Labour Fexit. 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

There are certain people on here whose posts if they go beyond one paragraph I usually ignore, you’re one of them btw, so there’s always a chance I might read anyone’s post. I even occasionally read Chewwy’s posts.

You’ll have to hold tight for any fresh material. He’s been ban-hammered to the face for 3 months.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I always saw the contest as May vs Boris. IMO May is the clear favourite, she is highly eurosceptic and only went Remain out of loyalty to the Party. She is seconded by Grayling.

It will be May vs who ever is the Labour leader in 2020, which won’t be Corbyn.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

binners – Member

I don’t think theres anything I could possibly say that would deflect yourself…..

I think that is possibly the most sensible comment you have made on this thread since you went from fanatically supporting Corbyn to fanatically opposing him.

There really isn’t anything you might say which is likely to impress me. So keep on posting pictures Chewwy style and asking if I fancy mefty, taunting is pretty much all you’ve got left.

Meanwhile I will accept that binners hates the middle-classes, hates Guardian columnists, hates Southerners, hates Londoners, hates the residents of Islington, hates the Westminster bubble, hates UKIP, hates the Tories, hates Labour, hates the LibDems, hates the Blairites, hates the Corbynites, hates politicians, hates the Left, hates the Right, and hates the voters.

So much to hate and so little time to rant eh? Although to your credit your ranting truly is Olympic gold medal standard. What does your training regime involve……a quick 10 minute rant in front of the mirror before breakfast? A careful perusal of the top rants in Mein Kampf?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ransos the Leave vote is perfect the for SNP, it gives them fresh impetus to push for Independence to try and turn 45/55 to 50.1/49.9 That was always their agenda. Had we voted Remain they would have pushed for the same thing

martinhutch

A careful perusal of the top rants in Mein Kampf?

And we’ve gone all Godwin.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

IMO May is the clear favourite, she is highly eurosceptic and only went Remain out of loyalty to the Party.

So there will be a coup against her then ?

binners

Group hug Ernie?

You only have to ask, you know?

kimbers

jambalaya – Member
    I always saw the contest as May vs Boris. IMO May is the clear favourite, she is highly eurosceptic and only went Remain out of loyalty to the Party. She is seconded by Grayling.

It will be May vs who ever is the Labour leader in 2020, which won’t be Corbyn

and according to the telegraph polling yesterday, Bojo was the only Tory who could beat labour at the next election…….

ransos
    Free Member

So much to hate and so little time to rant eh? Although to your credit your ranting truly is Olympic gold medal standard. What does your training regime involve……a quick 10 minute rant in front of the mirror before breakfast? A careful perusal of the top rants in Mein Kampf?

Nah, he peruses the organic delis and tapas bars in his comfortable middle-class enclave, whilst pretending it’s grim up north.

wwaswas

Bojo was the only Tory who could beat labour at the next election…….

although Labour are doing their best to make sure a mannequin in a suit could achieve a Tory victory.

binners

And we’ve gone all Godwin.

More than you’d think. The beardy messiah obviously thought that Boris’s omnishambles was detracting attention from The Glorious Leaders multiple shortcomings. So he’s gone all… well… Oh dear….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Group hug Ernie?

Well thanks for the offer but if I wasn’t on your extensive list of people you hate I’m sure that I would start to feel a little inadequate.

I take the wrath of binners as a badge of honour. Although admittedly it puts me in rather mixed company.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Bojo was the only Tory who could beat labour at the next election…….

That’s assuming there is still a labour party by then.

martinhutch

So he’s gone all… well… Oh dear….

That’s not my interpretation, TBH. Although a more media-savvy leader might have chosen a different metaphor if he wanted to talk about this rather thorny issue.

binners

No hug? You can be very hurtful Ernie. I don’t cope very well with rejection. I’m actually very sensitive behind my rufty tufty ranty exterior.

Manly high five instead…?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So Gove v Corbyn in 2020 ?

A man who inspires people to want to queue up and slap, or a man who even his enemies describe as decent and honest ?

Or Gove v Eagle in 2020 ?

A man who inspires people to want to queue up and slap, or a woman who……sorry ……. who?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eLoXw3sCE[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Anyone who reads that as ‘comparing Israel to ISIS’ needs to work on their comprehension skills. Weak as ****.

binners

Ernie – the rate that everything’s falling apart at the moment, I’m going to go for neither. Instead, Trump will win the US election, and before the weeks out…..

Viewing 40 posts - 5,761 through 5,800 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.