• This topic has 44 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Jedi's latest video blog
  • slowrider
    Free Member

surprised this didn’t make it in to midweek movies so I used the interwebnetz to gooogliebob it myself

[video]http://vimeo.com/39669393[/video]

HermanShake
    Free Member

If you find and like UKBikeskills on facebook you get them before he puts them on the blog too!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

can hardly hear Jedi on his latest blog and the one before, anyone else struggle to hear him?

Pook

fine volume-wise here.

Hmm. Skills course or new bike??

slowrider
    Free Member

sounds better than earlier ones imo.

pook, do it. you’ll love it.

thepodge
    Free Member

What kind of bso are you thinking of that you have to choose between the two?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@pook – here is my prediction. You’ll do the skills course and as a result starting loving your riding a whole lot more which will inevitably lead to bike upgrade(s) (well that was my experience) 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I also want to do the Skills course, its a long way to Jedi’s school from me so also weighing up Ed Oxley Great Rock as he nearer also find suitable time in the summer hols as probably in August????

Pook

BSO?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sublime skinny riding

pnik

I think the reference is that for the price of one of Jedi’s courses (which are excellent btw) you would only get a BSO or Bicycle Shaped Object from your local car spares emporium.

Jedi is a great investment, and will improve your riding far more than a carbon handlebar or a shiny new wheel.

mattrgee
    Free Member

I find these a bit dull tbh. I keep expecting the footage to change and show what he’s describing, but it never does. 6 minutes of the same shot is a bit tedious.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

6 minutes of the same shot is a bit tedious.

Thats a tad unfair its a video blog/diary innit, not meant to be, Jedi is just chilling with a beer sharing his week.

andyl
    Free Member

I’d wobble and fall off those boards in about 10 seconds!

I like the blogs – just nice and chilled. Reminds you biking is about enjoying it and relaxing.

maxtorque

I like the simple 1 shot editing. Maybe i’m getting old, but i can happily just watch and listen to what the jedi has to say without needing constant “cutways” or multiple angles!

jedi

the sound should be better in this one as i used an extended mic. glad you like them 🙂

stophe
    Free Member

As Jedi says, sound should be better in this one, and it should have been better in the last one too, but for some wind noise. Sound is the biggest issue for us, as Jedi and I have only ever made super low budget videos where it was all about the riding, audio was way down the list of priorities. Now the audio is much more important and we are trying to improve as much as we can without spending £££ on kit (I have a bike for that).

Hopefully people are still enjoying them, I plan to mix the editing up a bit, so some may have cutaways in them to keep our friends with ADD happy!

sprocker
    Free Member

I am being jedi’ed Tuesday not sure I am going to be able to ride like that though.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’m really enjoying these little films/bloggs

bigG
    Free Member

Much as I’d like to make use of the legendary Jedi I can’t justify the 800mile round trip.

Is there anyone north of the Border, or in North Englad that can achieve just as legendary results?

G

PS Love the blogs

jedi

cheers 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Please take no offence from this statement but a lot of riders on this site don’t even have the basic techniques pinned like cockpit set up, familiarity or manipulations.

Let alone attack possition, lift hop pump, cornering, extra g braking or cornering, also weighting and unweighting, unless you really understand how much is involved in riding a bike with pure skills, go and see a coach!

Each of us has a limited amount of time in the saddle, best to make the most of it, also keep your bikes serviced and tuned up or they ride like drunken donkeys!

Rubber_Buccaneer

6 minutes of the same shot is a bit tedious.

I think keep the voice over but replace the video with a Creature Comforts style animation. Not sure what animal Jedi needs to be, maybe some kind of chilled out dog as he scratched his ear a couple of times.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Booked into see Jedi later in the year…. but if you take me ANYWHERE near those boardwalks, I’m off…

😳

jedi

lol. i hardly ever teach on the woodwork 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bigG book a day or two off work drive down and do the session plus add some other riding between Herts and home – road trip ….

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

chalkstorm – Booked into see Jedi later in the year…. but if you take me ANYWHERE near a mountain bike, I’m off…

FTFY

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Booked myself in also later this year, some of those jumps are made of boardwalk, if I can master the lowest one I’ll be stoked.

jedi

lol@stu magroo 😀

hora
    Free Member

Pook with petrol/food you’d be looking at circa £250 for the experience. Most people on here own a fleet of bikes whereas you only run that boneshaking evil thing, worn out thing. You’d be better off upgrading the frame to a Santa Cruz or Spesh I reckon in your situation. Plus I know you’d be alot faster on a full suss anyway so skills isn’t your issue.

thepodge
    Free Member

Chris is already faster than the lot of us, stop trying to speed him up.

Plus we’ve all seen Chris fall off, skills is a weakness, just maybe not at weak as his bike

hora
    Free Member

Pook are you in charge of shooting/audio for Jedi’s blogs? It looks like your handiwork 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

Hora, you are always so far behind that your critique of pooks skills is irrelevant. Steven Hawkins rides a bike better than you! 😛
    Skill compensation is not the same as having skills, it just lets you get away with bad habits a little more often.

A few tweaks to pooks technique and we won’t see him for dust IMO, though I can only apply what I’ve been taught. If you stalk Pook on vimeo you’ll see that he can definitely ride, but his footwork in corners is hit and miss, he leans on his outside rather than inside arm and he looks for the apex but doesn’t look up until he has got there (all things I’m guilty of too). He also jumps and drops by pulling up on his bars and spd’s.

Until you go and experience the difference some coaching will make you can’t appreciate the return on the time and money you invest.

hora
    Free Member

Pook don’t listen to Todd.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/for-sale-santa-cruz-blur-4x-frame-only

Yep, full sussers are talent compensators but they keep you fresher/less tired on long rides (as long as its a lightish build) and yes they do ‘forgive’ if you get it wrong but then the ideal would be BOTH wouldn’t it? (i.e. nice frame/build AND a skills course).

slowrider
    Free Member

I wasn’t saying full sussers are skill compensators, they are great fun. I was just disagreeing that you think buying a new bike rather than improving skills is the way to get the best out of your riding.

hora
    Free Member

No I know what you mean. I just think Pook’s bikes at a point where upgrading would give him a nicer alround experience.

You haven’t ridden it have you? it really is a medieval torture device. Climbs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than mine however even riding along a flat bit I was cursing him wishing he’d get off my bike 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

You’d be better off upgrading the frame

you crack me up hora

hora
    Free Member

Aye I know, the irony of my post isn’t lost on me 8)

atlaz
    Free Member

Please take no offence from this statement but a lot of riders on this site don’t even have the basic techniques pinned like cockpit set up, familiarity or manipulations.

Let alone attack possition, lift hop pump, cornering, extra g braking or cornering, also weighting and unweighting, unless you really understand how much is involved in riding a bike with pure skills, go and see a coach!

Have you had coaching?

hora
    Free Member

The attack position

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Jedi's latest video blog’ is closed to new replies.