Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Italy ith kids – Recommendations?
  • shooterman

My daughter (10) wants to see Italy this summer. Any recommednations for destinations and hotels to keep an 11 year old girl and 7 year old boy occupied?

Hoff

Off to Eurocamps somewhere around Lake Garda with mine this summer. No experience of Eurocamps but have had some good reports about it. Reasonably priced, well catered for kids & easy to hire a car to go exploring.

mogrim

I’d probably go for Rome for a couple of days at the beginning of the holiday, then move on to the beach for the rest. Another possibility would be Sicily, it’s supposed to wonderful although I haven’t personally been there.

nasher
    Free Member

If you want to bike also, the I would reccommend Finale Ligure.

Usual beach stuff, nice caves, whale watching etc… great walking in the hills….oh and ice cream… lots of nice ice cream.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Remember it’s very hot in the south of Italy,Rome etc in summer. It depends on whether you’re sun worshippers or not,but I find that kind of place nice in March but way too hot in summer.

Markie
    Free Member

Rome was ace with a 1.5 year old, imagine it would be just as fantastic with older kids… constant fuel for their imaginations!

vondally
    Free Member

rome…best city in the world so much and so much ice cream
    sciliy….wonderful but choose carefully recomeend the aoelian isles especially lipari and stromboli went whem daughter was 18month and then 19
    tuscany…..lucca sienna florance took daughter when she was 8/9
    we had a great time in sulmona and l’aquila before the quake

jon1973
    Free Member

No experience of Eurocamps

You’ll have a great time. We’ve (the wife and I) have done Eurocamp in France twice and have booked up for Germany this year, and really looking forward to it. We’ve driven in our own car in the past and camped on the way down/way back. Usually spending a week at Eurocamp and a week camping – can’t think of a better way to spend two weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Italy ith kids – Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.