Home Forums Bike Forum Is this an old Cannondale frame?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is this an old Cannondale frame?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Just picked this 16.5″ retro frame up in the house clearance place by us, badged as a Cannondale but looks like it’s been powder coated and stickers applied (not a bad job really). It weighs 2.5kg as pictured and has a 30.0mm seatpost. Is it a real one or just something else that’s been rebadged? cheers

beaker

They don’t look like Cannondale welds. I’m saying not a ‘dale.

tomd
    Free Member

I thought the ground down welds were one of their trademark things, although not sure when they started doing that.

soma_rich
    Free Member

They usually had a wishbone seat stay interface to. Not a ‘Dale

mrblobby
    Free Member

Think early 90’s they went to the wishbone seat stay. It might be earlier but it just looks wrong (welds, etc.) All the cables along the top tube looks wrong for a Dale too.

Is there a frame number on it?

Edit… is the top tube oval at the seat tube junction? Looks familiar.

njee20
    Free Member

I thought the ground down welds were one of their trademark things, although not sure when they started doing that.

My 1994 CAAD2 has smooth welds. Not a ‘dale.

daver27
    Free Member

definitely not a dale, don’t think they’ve EVER had a ring reinforced head tube, they have always have huge oversized head tubes (another trademark) and as already mentioned, the smooth welds they’ve been doing at least since i was in school (circa 1990..)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Which one did you have njee20? I had a 96 (I think) CAAD3 M500 with the old p-bone fork. Really wish I hadn’t sold it. Lovely smooth welds like this one…

Was a bit of a bone shaker and my head was turned by those new fangled full sus bikes :?

bombjack
    Free Member

As above, def not a ‘dale.
    Welds are too good :lol:

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Another no, for the exact same reasons as daver27 gave.

scruff9252

Looks similar to my 2004ish rockrider 5.2…

Garry_Lager

mrblobby – Member

Which one did you have njee20? I had a 96 (I think) CAAD3 M500 with the old p-bone fork. Really wish I hadn’t sold it. Lovely smooth welds like this one…I had that one in the same colour MrBlobby, also converted it SS latterly. Susan-perb, beautiful-looking bike.

redstripe
    Free Member

As I suspected, thanks. Anyone want it? Make a (cheap) offer if you do….

dragon
    Free Member

The early Dales had cantilevered dropouts, suspect they are all broken by know if actually ridden.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is this an old Cannondale frame?’ is closed to new replies.