Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I need a good fax machine. Any ideas?
  • jkomo

Firstly , don’t take the piss, I just do.
    We need to send multiple pages, and the printer/scanner/fax thing we’ve got is shit.
    Does anyone have a good one?

Drac

This guy may have one for sale.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ask at a museum?

binners

In ten years time, you may want to consider one of these bad boys….

😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Dont forget if you need to send a confidential fax, you should fold it in two before you feed it in the machine so that people cant see what it says.

grum
    Free Member

What the hell is a fax machine?

jkomo

That was better than expected.
    Thanks

Drac

You may also want a touch pad to go with it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You may snigger but a pal of mine has gone into a multi-million £ company that sells stuff consumeables to schools to make it more efficient – 90% of their orders come in by fax.
    OP how about scanning the docs to be faxed (unless you can print them direct from the program as PDFs) then using an email to fax service? Failing that got a laptop/desktop with a modem? I do actually have a modem somewhere!

grum
    Free Member

Supposedly mega-money premiership football deals/contracts etc still use fax machines.

jkomo

So do hospital referrals unfortunately.

jkomo

Can anyone recommend scan to fax software? I.e sending overt internet.?

Houns

I have to regularly send secure faxes then phone to see if received 🙄

hammyuk
    Free Member

Any of the 0844 providers also have Fax to Email services – the one we use is free for us.
    Look at Smart Number for starters.
    Simply print to PDF and send.

peterfile
    Free Member

we’re a huge company and still use fax for certain things.

It’s useful for legal notices, since you don’t have to concern yourself with any software to read the notices etc. You’d be amazed at the number of people who receive important attachments by email and don’t have the required software to view it (e.g. PDF)…it’s just a convenient way of being able to deny that they ever received it. There is no such ambiguity with fax.

+ a lot of older contracts will stipulate that notices can only be given by fax/hand/mail, so people just can’t be arsed going to the trouble of changing it

the-muffin-man

When I were a lad the thing to have was a dedicated laser fax machine. The all in one printer/scanner/faxes are shite and slow.

We had a Samsung one which was good. Used plain paper and toner cartridges.

Thermal paper rolls and inkjet ones cost a small fortune to run.

teethgrinder

I am sad the thread is not called ‘Singlefaxworld’.

jkomo

Can you fax users recommend me a model?

dannybgoode

In my call centre days a colleague came running up to me quite desperate as she was convinced that an urgent fax she needed to send hadn’t gone.

I asked her what error message etc the machine gave. She said none but she knew the fax hadn’t gone as she still had the paper in her hand…

To actually answer your question these days you are probably better looking at one of the business strength MFD’s (printer, scanner, fax in one).

PC Pro’s A-List business MFD’s are probably a good place to start

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/alist/office-all-in-one

Cheers

Danny B

maxtorque

What is this mythical “Fax” thing you speak about?

Alphabet

Supposedly mega-money premiership football deals/contracts etc still use fax machines.

We had the medical report for a premiership footballer for his transfer deal faxed to our home fax by mistake.

AlasdairMc

We use Rightfax, although it’s high volume (several thousand docs in and out daily) and runs on its own server.

We also have a number of HP all-in-ones, with scan to fax, email to fax, scan to email and fax to email capabilities in addition to print/copy. Once you know your volume, pick the appropriate machine. Far better to go up a step and get a bigger machine that runs under-capacity than a smaller one that just breaks when you try putting too much through it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I need a good fax machine. Any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.