• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How much to get a rusty sill/arch repaired on a Fiesta MK6?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Well, my cunning plan to just ignore it, or fix it with photoshop*, doesn’t seem to be working. So does anyone know, roughly, what it would cost to get this fixed/resprayed?

It’s a bog standard 1.4 Zetec 2003, and all on the rear quarter of the passenger side. Looks mostly surface rust, with no holes.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/R06eWq5.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/UAeIb65.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/Y2fKUrO.jpg[/img]

bearnecessities

£374.

Jamie
    Free Member

PP Gift ok?

bearnecessities

Perfect.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve sent the money across, but the rust is still there 😡

bikebouy
    Free Member

#halfrods
    #spray can, any colour
    #bit of wet n dry
    #do it yer fer king self

bearnecessities

Rusty sill there?

Yes, you’re correct!

simmy
    Free Member

It depends on how much you want to spend and how long you intend to keep the car.

For a full repair that includes cutting out the rust and replaceing the panels, you are probably looking about £500 at a body shop. I’ve been out of the car repair business for a while so that’s just a guesstimate, but the panels are about £25 each, labour of fitting, paint etc so few hours labour and materials.

Picture 6 looks like the sill will go into a hole at some point soon so another method is just to patch it and paint it over, probably looking about £100 if they rub down the wheel arch as well.

I may be out with my prices so anyone else do correct me, but that rust looks like most of it is coming from the inside out so the only proper way to get shut of it is to replace the metal.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Don’t know about the sill but the wheel arch will definitely be rusted through, those blisters are where its rusted through from the inside.

Jamie
    Free Member

For a full repair that includes cutting out the rust and replaceing the panels, you are probably looking about £500 at a body shop.

Don’t know about the sill but the wheel arch will definitely be rusted through, those blisters are where its rusted through from the inside.

Aww crap 😥

CaptainSlow

It’s not that hard to do yourself and it’s not in a noticeable area if you’re not as good with a spray can as you are with photoshop.
    It’s been a while since I’ve done it but the order (interspersed with liberal profanity) is roughly

Sand it right down
    Treat it with cure rust (or whatever it’s called)
    Fill it
    Sand it (using wet n dry)
    Primer
    Spray paint
    Lacquer

Someone a bit arty like you will find it a doddle.

Getting a pro job done on that wouldn’t be the best way to spend £500. Hookers, coke and taxi would be better 😉

Sandwich

Mrs Toast is going to want royalties for that rainbow repair, which won’t be cheap.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Rust treat such as por15 and stone chip it and paint it over the top. Its an 11 year old fester…………

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Replace sill and weld is cheap.

Getting it colour coded will add though.

Get it done replaced and then find a local polish sprayer on the cheap.

Edric64
    Free Member

Its an 11 year old Fiesta just get a new bit put in and paint it black like everyone else does on old cars

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok then, Edric, link to replacement sill for a 2003 MK6 Fiesta then please.

…good luck 8)

ctk
    Free Member

Sand it, hammerite it. Do not waste your money on it as other stuff will start going wrong as soon as you do!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How much to get a rusty sill/arch repaired on a Fiesta MK6?’ is closed to new replies.