Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • how many miles on the bike so far this year?
  • [OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Not on it's own Ton, You'd need to mix in two good hard sessions of anaerobic work as well in any 8 day block. Got to get those type I and II fast twitchers twitching.

Nezbo
    Free Member

done 367 but had man flu and not been able to ride this last 10 days, i now have 150mi to do before the end of Feb to reach my target…

warton
    Free Member

215 miles, not as much as I'd hoped, but 55 miles running which I'm chuffed with.

coogan
    Free Member

No idea. Nor do I care, just as long as I get a day on the bike.

JRTG
    Free Member

313.6 miles 95% off road and on my ss trek 69er, way more than last year!

RepacK
    Free Member

I reckon about 600 – mostly road so far, probably only about 100 getting dirty.

barrykellett
    Free Member

650.9miles to date since jan 1st

Should be well over 800 by next weekend

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Ton- starting to get a bit late for base miles (although never stop them) but you should start doing a few harder sprint sessions for cross country to "convert" your muscles and make them faster…

EDIT: Barca2 beet me to it!

steveh

About 480 ish, 140miles on the road the rest off road. On top of this a load of time riding the DH and jump bikes.

clunker

Not enough, hundred if that 😳

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Cullen-bay. I'd be interested in knowing some more about your muscle conversion theory.

Dasha
    Free Member

140miles mostly SS and off road, but I always take it easy in Jan'/ early Feb'. I was supposed to step it up this week, but i've had an off which has put me off my bike for a bit. I can never do too much or go too hard when its freezing anyway, as it plays havoc with my chest. I usually step it up at the gym doing squats and core work at this time of year which I think pays dividends when the hardwork comes later in the season.

uplink
    Free Member

I've done errrr …..
    dunno, never measure it

1466 miles since 1st Jan, including turbo trainer but that only accounts for 151, virtually all rest done off road and singlespeed.

Re-checked the Report Parameters…. its 459.57…
    I know… Idiot alert!!! Groveling apology….

For future reference JB – that amount of mileage [the 1st one] in such a short time over Winter is referred to as a 'Goan' or a 'Glupton'

trio25
    Free Member

786 miles but nearly all on road! Only been off-road twice this year which is poor. Hopefully this week that will change a bit!

samuri
    Free Member

A terribly poor 312 miles so far but most of that is offroad. The main reason is the death of all my bikes and the fact I've worked away from home 3 days in every week since the start of the year. Picking things up now though and I'm starting to get my road bike built up again.

I've swum 4 miles though. 🙂

nosemineb
    Free Member

550 mile on the mtb but sadly on the roads commuting with spike tires on.
    [130mile running mixed terrain]

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Zero. But in my defence I've known since December 24th that I was going to have brain surgery mid January, and that requires a 6 week recovery period after it. I'm 4 weeks into that, so hopefully I'll be able to start to get out in a couple of weeks, subject to how crappy I feel on chemo or radio therapy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

About 50 smiles so far. Only had an hour and a half spare then more work.

vinnyeh

533km, but only 69km, and a few unlogged trips round the park with the kids, on the mtb- rest has been on the road bike on the turbo 😳

AlasdairMc

About 300 miles all in, commuting at least three out of five days. Mostly on road, almost all singlesped

radoggair
    Free Member

totally unsure just now. Quick totalling up

27 a day commute – 5 x 6 x 27 = 810
    2 x Edinburgh and back for work = 65 x 2 =130
    Done 6 roadie rides of 45 – 60 + 1 today = 350
    Average 2 midweek night rides by myself of about 25+ miles = 6x2x25= 300
    average 1 midweek night ride with duggie style 25 – 30 miles ( prob more cos its a 4 hour shift) = 180 miles
    weekend rides of average 1 per week 25 miles = 150 miles.

prob about 1900 miles

Thats an estimate though and dont have any proper way of measuring it. I do ride practically 7 days a week though. Alot of this blame is down to my new hardtail and the fact i hate sitting in at night and also the weather has been pretty decent for a while ( apart from snow then there's been no windy or real rainy days to speak off)

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Good luck with it all missingfrontallobe. Chemo doesn't always mean you'll be sicker than a sick thing for the duration.
    Kick its arse mate.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Around 1300.

Slogo
    Free Member

barca2 – Member
    Good luck with it all missingfrontallobe. Chemo doesn't always mean you'll be sicker than a sick thing for the duration.
    Kick its arse mate.

+1 all the best!

miketually
    Free Member

222 for me

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Mike, you are letting me down! As my Kielder hero I simply match your training routines and I finish!
    However thanks to playing with Ascent at the moment I can say with authority… 56 miles. Hmmmm, need that commuting to start I think!

iamhimsoiam
    Free Member

about 80 miles with 9000ft of climbing off road.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

ok – so far I've done 433Km (269miles) in total of which 212km (is on the turbo)- I don't commute – I do work full time and have to fit my riding in round the family – so I dont think I've done so bad

yeti 109
    SS – 22.65
    Road bike – 311 – (turbo 212 & Road 99)

nicko74

zero, zip, nada, nothing, nil

plop_pants
    Free Member

Nearly 1800. Not working so not too difficult really. Alot of it done on my cross bike, mainly road. Somebody please beat this or at least give me a job so I can stop this madness!

radoggair
    Free Member

prob about 1900 miles

With a full ( on) full time job

It aint madness anyway, its how it should be

_tom_
    Free Member

Hardly any tbh, it's about 5 miles round to the jumps, and I tend to do that about 3-4 times a week. Probably 80-100 miles then. Need to get on some bigger rides soon as my fitness/weight loss hasn't improved for ages. Keep lying to myself that jumping is interval training only much more fun 😛

plop_pants
    Free Member

Oh, wait a minute, just realised my bike computer is calibrated for road tyres, not cross tyres, so I reckon thats an extra 5.61111111111111111% extra on the 1800. :0)

radoggair
    Free Member

Oh, wait a minute, just realised my bike computer is calibrated for road tyres, not cross tyres, so I reckon thats an extra 5.61111111111111111% extra on the 1800. :0)

Close, its actually 5.111111111%

you need to get out more, quick a night ride tonight 😛

Gary_M
    Free Member

462.6miles so far, been a rubbish year so far with the snow at the start of the year. This month has been A LOT BETTER THAN LAST THOUGH.

grtdkad

About 95 miles (which is more than usual for me at this time of year) plus lots of climbing (>12,000ft)…lots on snow/ice and nearly all off-road.

thefallguy
    Free Member

293 miles, it should be a bit higher but I blame the snow 😉

Drac

0 zilch

sambob
    Free Member

ive only done about 65, but my weekends are spent running around a hockey pitch trying not to get smacked in the face 😆

Bagstard
    Free Member

351 commuting, around 60 off road, 8 miles on road on my DH bike nearly killed me, stood up all the way!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘how many miles on the bike so far this year?’ is closed to new replies.