Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)
  • How exactly have humanity been fooled into thinking that?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

The aquisition of wealth is more important than the environment or even quality of life ❓

What is the point of having loads of useless junk if it costs you more and more of your time to aquire it.

We seem to spend more and more time working but for what ❓

I don’t understand how our priorities as a race can be so out of WHACK!!!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

The aquisition of wealth is more important than the environment or even quality of life

What is the point of having loads of useless junk if it costs you more and more of your time to aquire it.

We seem to spend more and more time working but for what

I don’t understand how our priorities as a race can be so out of WHACK!!!

Posted from my iPhone 4s

Fixed it for you. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Erm…..

I’m looking to spend about £500 to £600 on a new computer, preferably one that will be able to play some decent games, not top end but decent.

So, played any good games on it? 😉

teasel
    Free Member

Out of whack with what exactly…?

donsimon
    Free Member

We seem to spend more and more time working but for what
    You’re doing it wrong.

The_4_Hour_Workweek

tazzymtb

we have a genetic hunter gatherer instinct, seeing as we don’t hunt for food or shelter we have to fulfil that need by buying stuff and talking about where to get the best deals on line is just the modern version of sharing the best hunting grounds or fishing bait.

iDave
    Free Member

cheers for that DS, I gave away my two copies and never got them back!!

organic355
    Free Member

Cougar

You’ve got us confused with Ferengi.

donsimon
    Free Member

De nada.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm…..

I’m looking to spend about £500 to £600 on a new computer, preferably one that will be able to play some decent games, not top end but decent.

So, played any good games on it?

So, how much do you spend on a suit, Flashy?

Glass houses and that….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Enough, Elf, enough. But then, I’m not the one spouting forth about the imbalance of it all…! 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Out of WHACK with what is best for our race and subsequently each of us as individuals.

Surely even you lot must have noticed that our situation is deteriorating ❓ oh that’s right I forgot you have lots to distract yourselves with and the government and also the rich and influence will sort it, after all they’re done a belter of a job so far 😯

Anyway since it’s all good and the world is a paradise, we do not need to discuss this issue and I will leave you to your euphoria 😉

iDave
    Free Member

at least cressers was funny

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

iDave – Member

Indeed. Needs more DOOOOOM!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, but what about Royal Mail…

mactheknife

Nope happy to discuss, but before we do please tell me about the changes you have made to your life to try to sort this global catastrophe.

Honest reply and im honestly not trying to provoke. Just that it seems a very thin and transparant statement.

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely even you lot must have noticed that our situation is deteriorating oh that’s right I forgot you have lots to distract yourselves with and the government and also the rich and influence will sort it, after all they’re done a belter of a job so far

What more do you want?
    iDave had two paper copies and I’ve now passed on a non-paper pdf, one more tree lives to fight another day.
    Every journey starts with one small step, and you’re still ranting!!
    You just don’t know when you’re on to a winner, do you?

STATO
    Free Member

For the entire history of the human race it has been about being better than others in order to survive and ensure your children thrive. If you start getting all eco-hippy and others dont, you are at a disadvantage.

*Note, not my opinion, just putting across a ‘point of view’

teasel
    Free Member

kaesae – Member

Out of WHACK with what is best for our race and subsequently each of us as individuals.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation. As far as I understand there are many folk committed to solving ways of improving our comfortable inhabitation of this planet without necessarily abusing it for selfish gain. It doesn’t take a lot to find some info if you’re really concerned or genuinely interested, just takes a bit of time and effort. A lot of the time, it’s easier just to have a little moan though – you’re not alone…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think that what we need is a huge flood.

lazybike
    Free Member

I think that what we need is a huge flood

of cheap chinese goods….

kaesae – my parents were proper hippies and even they gave up after a while.

Personally, I’ve made a reasonable success of my life (could have done a lot of things a lot better, but hindsight and all that). I have a beautiful wife and daughter (not the same person, even though I live in Derbyshire), a nice(ish) house and enough money to be a materialistic twunt.

Why the hell shouldn’t I? I’m certainly not working my ass off to give it all to Greenpeace.

I don’t really see your point to be honest, just fancied a nip back at you. Anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion recently that I’m quite selfish, so I now have a persona that I need to live up to. Care to compare ‘life qualities’ if yours is so idylic?

kaesae
    Free Member

What will it take for you people to cast of the shackles of your delusional insular narcissism 💡

Seismic activity on this planet has increased to the point that it is knocking the world off it’s very axis, so what eastenders is on!

The weather patterns that have been predictable for a very long time, no longer are and the weather conditions are becoming extreme, so what a trip to STW and I will forget all about the fact.

The oil supply is running out and no one knows how much is left and we have no ability to manage the resources that we have effectively or efficiently, oh pizza and beer, yummy.

Let’s go back to the oil shall we and disccus it, this world had a dampening system that helped regulate it’s seizmic activity, which placed less stress on the tectonic plates, making the surface of the planet more stable, it also helped regulate the massive amounts of heat as well, infact having that oil in the ground was a good thing, not as good as ferrari’s mind you, but much better than austin allegro’s.

Everything from diseases, to astral bodies, to climate change pose a threat to the continued existence of our race, I could go on all day and night, but like I said delusional insular narcissism.

So what will it take for us to wake up as a race, maybe a cosmic bitch slap will do it, let us pray!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He really isn’t Cressers, is he?

You ride a bike and use a computer along with who knows what other carbon/earths resource stealing items. Go and live in a mud hut and then start preaching.

iDave
    Free Member

What will it take for you people to cast of the shackles of your delusional insular narcissism

I’d do it for about a grand

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But then, I’m not the one spouting forth about the imbalance of it all…!

No, but then you don’t give a toss about inequality, do you?

Why the hell shouldn’t I?

Anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion recently that I’m quite selfish

Thatcher would be so proud…

(If she could remember who and what she is, that is)

kaesae
    Free Member

We are focused on the aquisition of wealth above all else, even the development and evolution of our race 😯

So genius’s since that is the case, does our philosophy and subsequent actions make it less likely or more likely that our race will survive?

iDave
    Free Member

We are focused on the aquisition of wealth above all else, even the development and evolution of our race

I’m not

AD

I think it’s all a fiendish plot by the Royal Mail.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Stop being a ringpiece, there’s a good boy.

The guy’s making some good points. Why not have a think about what he’s saying, and attempt a response which is at least half thought through, rather than simply hurling insults around?

hels
    Free Member

We, humanity, fooled, our.

Such sweeping and simplistic generalisations you are trying to apply to everybody. You sound like one of those evangelical fundamentalist christian preachers.

What you selling today ??

kaesae
    Free Member

Did anyone notice the massive erruption over in iceland, cool eh ❓

You would need to be completely out of WHACK!!! not to see how bad things are getting!

I’m off for a shit, who’s with me ❓

nealglover
    Free Member

The guy’s making some good points. Why not have a think about what he’s saying, and attempt a response which is at least half thought through, rather than simply hurling insults around?

No…. He’s ranting like a madman.

In fact, I think I saw him shouting at people in the high street the other day practically frothing at the mouth.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Let’s go back to the oil shall we and disccus it,

What came first… the oil or a planet that could sustain life?

kaesae – Member

Did anyone notice the massive erruption over in iceland, cool eh

You would need to be completely out of WHACK!!! not to see how bad things are getting!

I think if you check your history books, you might find out that these (and similar things) were happening millions of years ago.

Thank the lord them pesky dinosaurs couldn’t curb their enthusiasm for supercars and flat screen tv’s, otherwise that asteroid might have missed and they would still be hanging around biting us and stuff.

(Excuse the skewed analogy for the sake of a piss take)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No, no he wasn’t.

kaesae
    Free Member

Perfect example of the problem, too arrogant and out of touch with your soul’s to even feel when something is wrong.

Still we are not all of us, like most of you lot, so there is yet hope!

For some of us!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No…. He’s ranting like a madman.

In fact, I think I saw him shouting at people in the high street the other day practically frothing at the mouth.

Did you? Yeah?

No you din’t. So why say such rude things about someone?

Kaesae is cool; he’s proper funny and a good value for money member of the forum. You’re just boring and insult people.

Who wins?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘How exactly have humanity been fooled into thinking that?’ is closed to new replies.