Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Hit The North details
  • sambob
    Free Member

Rider info announced, link here. Looking forward to this, and have two bikes available so I’m taking both, why not.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You have two bikes> we only have one betwween us 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

You have two people to ride it though. How heavy is the tandem?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The poor bloke will be hauling me around, as well as the tandem. I’ll be the one on the back reading the paper and looking at the scenery.

sambob
    Free Member

I’ll be the one behind you reading all the supplements you don’t want.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I seem to remember the basic mtb being about 45 pounds. Can’t find it on the C’dale website to confirm. I think TJ has modded his, and he’ll have self-loading ballast too.

Pook

who’s staying for the evening?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My tandem will be around 48 lbs in race trim I think – depends on the tyres. Its very nonstandard – the ony original bits are the frame and the cranksets

I will be driving and have to be back in south Manchester for the evening. I’ll hope to get bit of socail chit chat / refeshemnt in befoer going tho

Popocatapetl

I’m slumming it at the Premier Inn Chris, is everyone going for a curry or just the pub??

sambob
    Free Member

Only 24lbs each, that’s not bad! CX bike is nice and light, but no idea what I’m going to use, depends on what the descents are like.

Pook

Action Adey at the Premier Inn too! Excellent. I’m going for a curry.

Depending on how I feel I might nip into town mid avo.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

i’m thinking of hanging around for a post ride curry if people are going

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am up for a curry if southerners on ss 69er fully rigid fixies are allowed

Harry_the_Spider

Get in touch with Rusty Spanner about the curry.

Details here.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hit-the-north-post-race-pre-pub-curry-beer

Anyone staying at The Church Inn? There is an off road route to the course that will take you less than 10 minutes on a bike. You can ride from the Premier Inn (if it is the one next to Tesco at junction 17) in a similar time too.

Wozza
    Free Member

Should I have had something through the post from British Cycling or is it just rock up on the day, sign in and get my numbers etc from there?

Harry_the_Spider

You will get an email any time soon.

All the details can be found here though.

http://www.hitthenorth.net/news/rider-info/

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers Harry.

D0NK

Harry, might not be the best place to ask about this but will there be much going on in the race area/HQ/paddock? Anything to keep wife baby and 2 yr old entertained while I race? not sure buttie van and brass band will cut it TBH*

Or should I leave them at home?

Anyone else take their families (including not at all interested in bikes spouses) to races?

*not a criticism BTW, I know keeping my family entertained isn’t your job 🙂

dawson

My missus and kids are coming – I think there is a little park/swings somewehere in the park (but thats only from something I read on here)

She is similarly dis-interested in all things bike

I have the distinct impression she only decided to come when I mentioned Mr G.Martin would be attending…

D0NK

Mr G.Martin
    who?

dawson

narrow boat restorer, tea drinker and TT racer Guy Martin

D0NK

oooooooooooooooooooh that G.Martin erm well yes obviously

Harry_the_Spider

There is quite a good children’s play area.

As you drive in you will cross a motorway bridge. The play area is off to the right as you climb up from the bridge, the race past it, about 400 yards further on down the hill.

I suggest that you park by the swings so your family can get back to the car if they need to. The competitors’ car park is inside the course so cars are blocked in until after the race has finished.

Only use the swings car park if you have kids. This is still a functioning park and we don’t want to hack off people who have just come to play with their kids or walk their dogs.

[edit] We have proper indoor toilets and an area where you could change nappies etc in The Barn Centre. This is about 200m further on from the swing park. [/edit]

D0NK

cheers HTS

Harry_the_Spider

No problem. 2 hours should fly by.

1.) Watch daddy start the race.
    2.) Go to swings.
    3.) Swing.
    4.) Have a poo.
    4a.) Go to Barn Centre to get rid of poo.
    5.) Watch people struggling through The Field Of Despair / Buff® Bluff.
    6.) Have a cup of tea and a run about in the start/finish field.
    7.) Try and blag a free Buff® (subject to us having some left)
    8.) Watch daddy finish the race.

rangerbill

If anyone needs a lift I’ve got space for 3 bikes and 3 people. Leaving from Hebden Bridge (ish) calling at littleborough milnrow, tickets please

project
    Free Member

https://picasaweb.google.com/115867557921985666080/HITTHENORTHMANCHESTER#5572895403108484066

a paddling pool is available and after for post ride baths, please bring own soap and towels.

sambob
    Free Member

Snow and wind currently forecast for Saturday.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I will be there shouting abuse and taking the pi55, I mean cheering you on.( I reckon people shout wear badges with their forum user names on)

Riding over from Rivington on the MTB, got a route planned that will be 95% ish all off road, thats including footpaths. 😳

sefton
    Free Member

what time you setting off then?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

8 ish, you local ?

sefton
    Free Member

turton (I’m driving down though)

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

will be going round the back of turton tower, jumbles, bradshaw cricket club, harwood park,7 acres, leverhulme park, darcy lever, crompton lodges, nob end and to ringley then 13 arches(where the event is)

terrahawk
    Free Member

do you fancy shouting abuse while wearing a yellow vest from a brilliant vantage point*?

*marshal point

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sambob – Member

Oh FFS

sambob
    Free Member

You’ll be fine, It’s English snow, not Scottish snow. Unless you’re driving down. Then it may not be.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I used to live in that part of the world – it will be horrid horizontal horribleness 🙁

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Would do terrahawk, but passing up a few bottles and servicing for a mate, if things change I will come and see you.

sambob
    Free Member

Yep. It’ll be fine. Maybe.

Harry_the_Spider

Snow, rain or sunshine depending which one you look at.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Hit The North details’ is closed to new replies.