Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Hit the North – post race, pre pub curry & beer?
  • RustySpanner

I have it on good authority that Mr Spider intends to kick off his evening celebrations in the Church Inn at about half past eight on Saturday evening after the race.

However, if anyone is wondering how to fill in the thirsty, hungry hours between the race and the evening session, here’s a couple of suggestions:

Beer:
    The Hare & Hounds, Radcliffe.
    Spot on Joseph Holt’s house, real ale & fizz, friendly atmosphere and an excellent place for a quiet pint after the race.
    And a few loud ones as well, if you’re so inclined. 🙂
    Sal the landlord will be spectating on the day and some of the regulars are racing.
    Just round the corner from the course, no problem with a bunch of muddy idiots invading his lovely pub and secure bike storage as well.

Curry:
    If anyone fancies a very good curry before the evening session, I can really recommend this place:
    Forts of India.
    Not far from the course, friendly, excellent quality and huge, huge portions.
    Licenced too. 😀

If anyone fancies a pre session curry drop me a line – if we get enough interest I’ll book a table.

E mail in profile.

Pook

me and my Mrs

Pook

bloody hell. I’ve killed it.

RustySpanner

Just the three of us then? 😆

Would have posted this ages ago, but only just found out I’ll definitely be able to race – real life getting in the way and all that…

Tell you what Pook, if no one else fancies it I’ll cook the pair of you a curry myself and we’ll save a few quid. 🙂

binners

We’re definitely up for beers in the evening. I don’t know what time we’ll be back in Prestwich though. But curry sounds like a great idea

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think the problem is the horological chasm that lies betwixt the event and Saturday night drinkies. The race is 10.00 – 12.00. You could be in the curry house for 14:00 and destroy yourself before the evening’s festivities 😳

RustySpanner

Bump.

Thinking about 6ish for the curry.

Plenty of time for a slap up feed then off to the pub for beer and medals. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Plenty of time for a slap up feed then off to the pub for beer and medals.

I’ll bring the podium to the pub for that if you like.

D0NK

I think the problem is the horological chasm that lies betwixt the event and Saturday night drinkies

this, I’d be well up for drinkie poos and a curry after the race then wobble home on my bike.

Not sure I can race go home and come back later, see what I can arrange tho, hope to make it.

Alternatively anyone going for beers straight after the race?

RustySpanner

DONK, see that link to the pub in the op?

Nice place, secure bike storage, strong ale.
    They’ve even got a cat, which likes Mini Cheddars.

Oh, and a bowling green, but I’ve no idea what that eats.
    Pensioners probably.

D0NK

I must not skim read the OP

RustySpanner

That’s a lovely podium Harry.

Have you weight tested it?
    I might ask Ton to lift me onto it when no one’s looking.

postierich
    Free Member

Will be up for a couple/several beers before we head home will have nipper and So with me 🙂

DrP

Put me and WCA down for Curry please….
    We’re staying in the Church Inn too – depending on how lucky you get will decide who takes you home… 😉

DrP

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll have a beer and curry after too but can’t do the evening slaughter

Popocatapetl

I’m up for the beer,curry and more beer 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so its hare and hounds immediatly after the race?

edhornby

I am racing (well kinda:) ), I’ll be at the church in the evening but I will check with the boss about curry and I’ll let you know soon

terrahawk
    Free Member

maybe I will – I’ll deffo be at the pub but we’ve got some logistical challenges involving kids and a babysitter (and a million tons of signs and tape!)

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll deffo be at the pub but we’ve got some logistical challenges involving kids and a babysitter (and a million tons of signs and tape!)

Me too… but I’m planning on falling asleep in the bath for about an hour before the post race bash at The Church.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

need to watch the rugby somewhere as well 5 pm kick off

RustySpanner

Just to clarify;

If anyone fancies a beer after the race, I’m planning on popping round to the Hare & Hounds. Can accomodate the post ride, fancy a pint crew there.
    Everyone is welcome.
    It’s really nothing fancy, just a nice, family friendly pub.

We have a really pleasant local curry house, Forts of India, (see the op for a link) which is open later in the afternoon and would be perfect for a meal and then a short taxi ride to the Church Inn in Prestwich, where people traditionally gather to watch Ed Hornby get very, very drunk.

Jason, Sue and I happy to give you a hand with the signs and tapes on Sunday morning if you need it.

Harry_the_Spider

It has to be cleared away on Saturday.

A dozen pairs of hands will have the course down in less than an hour if anyone wants to volunteer.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

think i’ll be going for a curry if you don’t mind me tagging along

i promise i eat quicker than i ride !

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – post race, pre pub curry & beer?’ is closed to new replies.