Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Heckler full bike weights
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi all, thinking about getting a heckler frame early next year and I’m wondering what weight is possible for a full build , I’ll be using slx drivetrain, fox floats , superstar am wheelset, hope brakes and Easton carbon dh bars, what weights have you built yours up to?
    Cheers
    Ian

nmdbase
    Free Member

28lb ish

Albanach
    Free Member

30lb ish

hambl90
    Free Member

What sort of build do you guys have ?

druidh
    Free Member

Easily 30lbs from what you’ve listed.

KZP894
    Free Member

29.5lbs XL frame Fox Vanilla R 140 forks RP23 rear shock.
    I’m a tall, reasonably slim build.

hambl90
    Free Member

druidh do you really think it would be that much ? I was talking to someone today who had 36s on his and he said it was just under 29lbs.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

My old one was 14.1 kg with a coil shock, lyriks, x0/xtr, 719s, Formula puros, carbon brake levers, carbon bars, ti bolts and spring, mag/ti pedals, light saddle etc. I could not get it any lighter without compromising, apart from maybe dt240 or tune hubs instead of hope.

Ano is lighter than paint but i don’t think they make the new ones in anodized now, if ever.

treefeller
    Free Member

My mates got 2 Hecklers One is a fairly light build 36’s air shock, normal wheels and tyres — 33lb Other is Alps spec- coil shock,double and bash,dual ply tyres etc— 37lb. That’s on calibrated scales. ( calibrated by the Milk Marketing Board 40 years ago !!! )

Burts
    Free Member

34.5 lbs for mine, built heavy for BC trail riding. Lyrik coil, DHX5 coil, WTB Dual-Duty rims, RF Atlas stem/bar/cranks/bash, Stroker Trail brakes with 200/180 rotors, 2.35″ Nevegals. A much more capable bike than I am a rider.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Mine’s a medium with 140mm Fox Float 32s / RP23, DT wheel set and full XT group. With High Rollers and pedals it’s around 30lbs. Certainly not the lightest but then it was never meant to be, it’s all about the grin factor!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Mine’s a Medium with XTR, 36 Talas, Hope hoops and M4’s, Nobby Nics, Thomson bits, carbon bars.

Think it’s a shade over 28lbs. Add coil shock and beefier tyres and it’s well over 30lb.

Your build will probably be around 30lb.

Freester

XL. 36 Talas. Mavic 721s, Conti Mountain King Protect tyres, Hope M4s, not carbon. 31 lbs. Weighed by LBS!

druidh
    Free Member

The scales in my LBS put my Blur XC Carbon almost 2 pounds lighter than the scales I use at home, so I wouldn’t consider that to be definitive.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I may have to rethink this one, I was hoping for 29lbs max as I’m not as young as I feel 😉 , think I’d start to struggle uphill with a 30lbs + bike 🙁

benfeh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be too hard on it – I’m 47 and have a heckler with Pikes and no carbon bits. It must be over the 30lb mark. I’m a not very fit or fast weekend rider but I’ve always found it a very comfy bike on climbs. I had a lighter Chameleon but still preferred the Heckler for climbing.

30lbs really isn’t bad for a 140mm travel do everything bike.

speckledbob
    Free Member

What size is the seat post on a heckler?

jonny-m
    Free Member

My heckler has a full slx groupset, revs, and 819 wheels on and comes in at 28.5-29 lbs
    doesn’t particulary feel heavy on the, climbs, great fun on the downs, get one, you won’t be dissapointed

D0NK

34ish coil shock and forks, DH wheels rest of it is average weight stuff. Switching to float 36s and an airshock would lose a good few lbs i reckon, still manage decent length rides on it but only generally take it out if the route’s gonna be steep, rocky and technical otherwise it’s a bit of a drag. Sub 30lb is do able tho without going mince-light

hambl90
    Free Member

Jonny m , what size frame have you got ?
    If I can build one to that weight I’d be happy.

druidh
    Free Member

hambl90 – just make sure you borrow jonny_m’s scales when you come to weigh it. 😆

goslow

Mine’s about 32lbs with Foxfloat R and Pike coils. XT drivetrain, Raceface Evolve bits, XM719 rims.
    I find it climbs well enough, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

portlyone

No idea on exact weight but I have Lyriks and DHX5 coil (XT groupset), climbs pretty well despite it being heavier than my Chameleon (and despite my 16 stone frame).

neil853
    Free Member

some amazing weights on here, I have a Blur LTc, Rev WC, XTR, Joplin and 1×10 and it weighs 29lbs 🙄

jonny-m
    Free Member

Double checked today on another set of scales and still 29lbs, medium frame btw! And that’s with my heavy lust tyres on!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Heckler full bike weights’ is closed to new replies.