Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Have we REALLY been to the moon?
  • fenred
    Free Member

My girlfriend is convinced (and only half a bottle of white and a Bailey’s in…) that we have never been to the moon…..her argument is short an simple. If we have been, why have we never returned and set up camp (ie 007 Moonraker stylie?!)….she truly believes it is another American conspiracy….

Thoughts??

Tom83

The flag is fluttering in the pics of the first moon landing. I reckon that was a fake, but we got there in the end. Just America cheated!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well I haven’t been and no one I know has so no.
    Having said that, my dad once met Yuri Gagarin, who I guess got further than most. But if my dad got some tips off him and managed to get there, he’s been keeping quiet about it.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Lack of gravity and oxygen would make it pretty grim. Wouldn’t be much fun going downhill on a bike anyway!

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4[/video]

joolsburger
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has she met Elvis?

crazy-legs

The flag is fluttering in the pics of the first moon landing. I reckon that was a fake, but we got there in the end. Just America cheated!

Northwind

Wouldn’t it be great if Buzz Aldrin could just travel the world, punching moon landing skeptics? He’d turn up at the front door with a clipboard, ask your name, probably he’d want to check ID or get you to ask a few simple questions, then pop you one. Then a little tick on the clipboard and off he’d go.

Tom83, the flag doesn’t flutter, it just flaps around as the astronauts plant it.

Tom83

Not a copy and pasted picture! The worst kind! 😉

fisha
    Free Member

Whilst the sceptic info is very convincing, however, it’s really quite something to stand on daytona beach and watch the space shuttle take off at nighttime and reach space … It’s then that you realise that they probably did make it there

CountZero

I suggest those who keep on about the flappy flag thing get a piece of aluminium foil, attach it to the top of an aluminium pole, then try to stick it in the ground without the flag flapping.
    If the Americans had failed to get there, can anyone imagine the Russians not being all over it like a rash?
    Jeezus, it’s not like there was anything extraordinary about the tech, build a chuffin’ great rocket, light blue touch paper and stand well back, fingers crossed.

downgrade
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be great if Buzz Aldrin could just travel the world, punching moon landing skeptics? He’d turn up at the front door with a clipboard, ask your name, probably he’d want to check ID or get you to ask a few simple questions, then pop you one. Then a little tick on the clipboard and off he’d go.

Had never seen the video clip before. “You’re a coward, and a…” *PUNCH* superb!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Until I hear the FACTS from a medical professional, I remain undecided.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Well, for the conspiracy theorists why have none of them explained the propagation delay in the signals.

Easy for NASA to put a delay in the send/receive cycle, but amateur (and Russian) radio could have tuned in and targeted the signal and done some funky stuff to prove that the signals were coming from where they were.

Or maybe the Russians and radio hams were all in on the ruse.

/rolls eyes.

rkk01
    Free Member

Well something got there – and back. Otherwise I must have been dead clever to manage a petrological study of lunar basalt samples….

matthewjb
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be great if Buzz Aldrin could just travel the world, punching moon landing skeptics?

Now that’s the sort of program NASA should be concentrating on now they’ve got rid of the Shuttle.

fisha – Member
    Whilst the sceptic info is very convincing,

Really? Which bits? Most I’ve read has been fairly unconvincing. Or required a greater investment of time and money than actually sending men to the moon.

tinribz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvMZn8L1f0&feature=related[/video]

fenred
    Free Member

Well something got there – and back. Otherwise I must have been dead clever to manage a petrological study of lunar basalt samples….

Gf asks “How do you know they are lunar samples? What evidence do you have they were collected from there and not from ancient volcanic residue??”

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Lunar basalt samples are fake, the moon is made from cheese.

molgrips
    Free Member

The flag moves when he is holding onto the flagpole and shaking it slightly. You can see from the way the fabric moves that there’s no air, if you think about it.

The reason we never went back is that there was no reason to. And it was very expensive to go there in the first place, setting up a moon base would have been a million times more expensive.

We only went to stick one on the Ruskies. Point proven, end of moon programme. Simple, innit. Like your Missus 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Facts to me, are things that I can prove to the satisfaction of others. And on that basis, regarding the validity of any moon landings during the Cold War, I’m out!

The best evidence I’ve seen against the moon landing is from a photographer who notices photos taken on the moon that are incompatible with the list of photographic equipment taken.

Jamie
    Free Member

Lunar basalt samples are fake, the moon is made from cheese.

We only went to stick one on the Ruskies. Point proven, end of moon programme. Simple, innit. Like your Missus

We? You American, Molgrips?

Riksbar

Four words.

Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment.

And then she can check for herself. Sure it’ll cost, but not much in the big scheme of things and what price truth?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whilst the sceptic info is very convincing

😯
    mythbusters busted them all they showed how you could get the shadows with just one light source, they planted a flag in a vacum and it wobbled,did the bouncy walk in zero g and tried to fake it unsucessfully etc.
    Of course it happened

King-ocelot
    Free Member

‘we’ did go back Mol, 5 more times (allegedly)

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I see many have a problem with the concept of proof, or even critical thinking.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dunno about ‘we’….I’ve been there,it was crap.No cash converters.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Mooninites are not amused….

Gary_C

Ok, so if they went to the moon, howcome no pictures of the astronauts meeting the Clangers then, eh ??

Explain that one !

emsz
    Free Member

OP, your GF is an idiot 😀

Northwind

Junkyard – Member

mythbusters busted them all

Mythbusters is a zionist establishment shill, the fact that they claim to bust these “myths” proves that they must be true!

samuri
    Free Member

There we go. I knew if I hung around STW for long enough, the funniest thing ever would get posted. My son is in bed now, still laughing. He’s 16. Thanks.

PiknMix
    Free Member

emsz – Member

OP, your GF is an idiot

+1 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I spent most of Saturday in the Science Museum in London where they have a brilliant space collection on at the moment. I knew all about the conspiracy theories before I went in, but came out quite amazed by everything.

I am sure the moon rock has been proved to be totally unlike anything else on Earth?
    I’m pretty sure that we will be back on the moon sometime soon and maybe to Mars in my lifetime.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am sure the moon rock has been proved to be totally unlike anything else on Earth?

I’m surprised if that is true, as the accepted theory is that the moon was formed from lumps of Earth after a collision with an asteroid.

Sonor
    Free Member

Are you trying to tell me this didn’t happen?

That’s my childhood ruined.

totalshell

i hope it was true as i begged to be allowed to stay up late that night.. mission control.. nasa nerds in short sleeves and specs sat at row of pooters the stuff of a seven yr olds dreams.. liked the radio blackouts during re entry and the ‘splash down’ at the end.. they couldnt make it up..

molgrips
    Free Member

The best evidence I’ve seen against the moon landing is from a photographer who notices photos taken on the moon that are incompatible with the list of photographic equipment taken

Go on then… flesh that one out?

I see many have a problem with the concept of proof, or even critical thinking.

Ooh.. this could get fun 🙂 I love proof, me 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

If we have been, why have we never returned and set up cam

Because the solar system is humongous and if we just kept going back to the moon and spent all the money building a lunar base we wouldn’t know much else beyond it…

ps your burd’s a bit dim!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Have we REALLY been to the moon?’ is closed to new replies.