Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Guy Martins Crash sat NW200
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

If anyone knows the NW200,they’ll know how lucky Guy was on saturday…

The first 3 pics in the link are him,a v v lucky boy….

http://www.pacemakerpressintl.com/category?id=5300

Took a bang on the head & wasnt fit to ride/race the rest of the day..
    Mark Buckley wasnt so lucky !!,RIP..

tails
    Free Member

Road racing is nuts!

br
    Free Member

whenever you fall off road racing, you’re always lucky if you can walk away from it…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Litterally an accident waiting to happen and fatality at most meets. 😥

ashfanman
    Free Member

Bloody hell.

On a related note, for those of you that haven’t seen it, I thoroughly recommend the documentary about Guy riding the TT: Closer to the Edge. Amazing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldZiR9eQ_0[/video]

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Presenting Wolverine 8)

tails
    Free Member
    reedspeed
    Free Member

Conner Cummins crashed again on saturday,hes ok like,should be ok for the TT.

Rochey
    Free Member

Hope he’s OK, loved listing to him when he did the canal program with his mate.

mrplow
    Free Member

Closer to the edge is very good, watched it for the first time over the weekend.

fbk
    Free Member

Closer to the edge = top documentary.

I didn’t realise how completely nuts Guy Martin is. Seems to have more lives than your average cat too!

internetidiot
    Free Member

Closer to the Edge is incredible. Watch it 3d if you have the opportunity, its quite wonderful 🙂

geoffj

Seems to be reinforcing the opinion that whilst Guy Martin is a VERY good road racer, he’s not quite got the last 1% or so to be a consistent winner.
    Shame, because he seems like a reasonable chap.

mboy
    Free Member

Seems to be reinforcing the opinion that whilst Guy Martin is a VERY good road racer, he’s not quite got the last 1% or so to be a consistent winner.

Gets the red mist too easily IMO. Will push too hard when he should back off even just slightly, and have more patience. VERY quick, but lets himself down too consistently by failing to finish. Old addage “to finish first, first you’ve got to finish” has never rang more true.

allthepies
    Free Member

Blimey chief!

scaredypants

Road racing is nuts!

the NW200 is the only bike event I’ve ever been to – and it scared the shit out of me

… especially the pubs on the Saturday

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the thing i learnt from talking to guy martin at HtN is that he’s a genuinely nice bloke, but just very slightly bonkers.
    glad he’s okay though.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Some people never learn!

He’s in there…………somewhere.

sambob
    Free Member

Absolutely nuts, both Guy Martin and road racing in general. It’s the lack of run off on every corner that scares me, at least on a track there’s normally a gravel trap or a big stretch of grass before the barrier. TT it’s just dry stone walls and houses.

fasthaggis

he’s a genuinely nice bloke, but just very slightly bonkers.

Yup,I think that’s the deal ,when you are so passionate about your sport,you go to a very different place from the average bod. 😯

Closer to the Edge , took me right back to my first TT visit.

I really had no idea what it would be like.
    Sitting there ,at the edge of a fairly normal looking road,everyone chatting now that the marshals had been round ,and the road is empty.
    A few radios tuned in to the start ,where it sounds like toy motorbikes are buzzing about.
    Then you hear it,that distant exhaust howl and someone dancing on a gearbox .
    People start to get up and look down the road,and suddenly, a missile flies up the road…and it’s gone.
    My tiny brain could hardly cope.
    How could anyone,anything go that fast down a daft wee road.
    Fantastic 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martins Crash sat NW200’ is closed to new replies.