Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Glentress or Innerleithen
  • coogan
    Free Member

Inners for me. GT is great, but Spooky Wood is the worst part about it persoanlly. Caddon Bank at Innerleithen pisses all over it. Black section at GT are much more fun and it you can find them, the not so off piste bits are groovy too.

ojom
    Free Member

Boundary is great.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Goan – something that is really hard to climb. Rock steps, turns, camber changes and steep and slippy. there are a few short "natural" climbs I know that are much harder – but possible. One I have seen a series of good riders attempt and no one completed it – but I am sure it is possible. I have an attempt every time I am there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mat

tbc:

'the bike mechanic'?

will James come out in a rash if he is mentioned by name on stw?

ojom
    Free Member

SHOOSH he will have welts tomorrow now!

druidh
    Free Member

Shit!

* pops off to fetch the camomile lotion *

ojom
    Free Member

you can hold him down while i administer.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Inners climb is no way technical, a few rock steps near the bottom and a rough bit towards the top. I don't agree it's boring though, plenty variety of surface and views.

I'd call the climb from the forest road up past the back of the dam in Caberston technical, never made it up there without dabbing (who am I kidding, I mean without falling off!)

Northwind

I reckon GT is the better option if you've only got time for one run- it's a bit more approachable, you can hit all the main lines first time without too much peril or bravery, whereas Innerleithen needs a bit more caution/skill/nerve to do it justice. I think I prefer GT overall, it's not better but it's more fun IMO.

dandan
    Free Member

Well it was technical for me, I had to put my foot down on many occasions.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Glentress or Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.