• This topic has 25 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • For the VW fans… new T6
  • nasher
    Free Member

Basically it’s a facelifted facelift T5… wont be in a hurry to replace my T5…

T6 shown by a very german bloke

olly2097
    Free Member

Rad. Can’t wait to see them covered in checkered panels in llandegla car park.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Think how much your t5 just went up now its a classic 😉

Bahahahah

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyl
    Free Member

Better engines, new interior, just an evolution of the old one. Nothing wrong with that and made a good package even better and still recognisable as a Transporter. What’s not to like?

matt_outandabout

What’s not to like?

The price 🙁 (just jealous)

Andy-R

Oh well, every yummy mummy around here will have one soon enough then. These posh VW vans seem to have taken over from big **** off Nissan pick-ups as their vehicle of choice.
    Vans that never get used as vans, pick-ups that never carry stuff……

brakes
    Free Member

Yawnsporter

Waderider
    Free Member

To me the VW scene is about as cool as the chavved up Vauxhall Corsa scene. Just because one could be considered middle class doesn’t make it noble. A van is a van.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have never seen a yummy mummy in a pickup, around here they are all in Evoques.

pictonroad

Big disappointment for me. Each model change to date has seen a pretty radical change, (better or worse is in the eye of the beholder) but this just looks like a 5.2.

No one would confuse a T3 with a T4 but even to the educated, that’s pretty difficult to distinguish from a T5. There’s only been 6 models in 60 years. I think they’ve missed a chance to be a bit more adventurous.

agent007
    Free Member

Well that’s a big disappointment – was really looking forward to see what the new one looked like and was expecting more something a little more radical and iconic – more like this to be honest:

heckler73
    Free Member

I want his eyewear

PePPeR

It’s like all new vans, the Vivaro and Transit spring to mind, they are all just slightly restyled versions if the last van, the economics of tooling up to change a vehicle completely are staggering and vans in particular don’t get the returns required to justify it.

The other thing is its just like all of the other VW group, the standardisation of parts across their cars is massive, always has been and is one of the reasons they are so profitable!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The engine is in the wrong end again!

maxtorque

PePPeR
    It’s like all new vans, the Vivaro and Transit spring to mind, they are all just slightly restyled versions if the last van,

At the end of the day it’s a van. You have to have big doors, a square body with useful space, so what you end up with, looks ,er, like a van….

(that concept drawing above looks fab of course, but you couldn’t actually make it)

mooman
    Free Member

Agreed. Would have liked to have seen the new T6 more like picture in Agent007 pic.

I feel VW are stagnating on the van scene.

agent007
    Free Member

(that concept drawing above looks fab of course, but you couldn’t actually make it)

No, but you could take a lot of the design elements from that concept and use them to create a van that looks like a new van – not a van that’s actually new but looks just like the old T5 with some slightly different lights.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I feel VW are stagnating on the van scene

is this more to do with a mass influx (well a tiny number compared to all the vans sold) of the lifestyle crowd? I remember when the main way to tell if a van was good or not was if you could load pallets through both doors.

mooman
    Free Member

mikewsmith – guilty as proven sorry.

I no doubt looking at vw vans from the wrong perspective.
    As a van, for doing proper van things … I admit it looks adequate.

cookeaa

Interesting how he was focused on finish and passenger features, kept calling it a “car” not a van. This was the launch for the lifestyle waggon / airport transfer taxi market, a big car, not an actual van.

The proper van variants will be of more interest to most “enthusiasts” I’d have thunk, so they can kit it out themselves as a real camper/workhorse not just buy an off the peg vanity bus…

Sandwich

The concept sketch looks very like the new Transit.

drlex
    Free Member

I’m still hugely pissed off that they dropped the microbus concept back in ’01. Splitters!

CountZero

Move along, nothing to see here.
    It’s noticeable how the bloke is making so much about what are small cosmetic changes: a new grill, a bigger VW badge (!), changed swage-lines in the body panels, blah blah.
    I think the T1,2 and 3 are, in many ways, much more interesting vehicles, a T3 Combi would make a terrific custom van.
    Personally, given the money, I’d rather go for a Transit Sport Custom, much better styling.

ElShalimo

CountZero – That’s a Wellhouse Terrier camper so about £50k with that high spec
    😯

NZCol

I was quite interested to see what they would do with a T6 California but unless they radically retool then it will be v similar. It’s such an efficient use of space but I wondered if they might flick it round for the RHD market as the current layout is a bit compromised.

Marin
    Free Member

My T4 must be worth another 5 grand now. Still in “cool” AA colours and no alloys!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘For the VW fans… new T6’ is closed to new replies.