Viewing 40 posts - 29,081 through 29,120 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • matt_outandabout

So where are you on the whole thing now?

Quite quickly through the campaign I realised that we needed the stability and favour that being part of Europe brought us – that getting on with people and countries was important. I’m a firm pro-european now, and voted ‘remain’.

matt_outandabout

we will be in total control of those losses.

No. No we won’t.

DrJ

At what point in the proceedings will Barnier get fed up with Davis’s false joviiality and lamp him one?

Junkyard
    Free Member

unwise council estate lad who was in the SAS *

* technically the reservist/TA SAS but i bet he is pretty tough

DrJ

Maybe so, but it doesn’t make his silly giggling any less irritating.

slowoldman

So how long before we understand just how tiny this planet is, how much impact on a global level individual countries have and therefore how idiotic the idea of “country” actually is?

Edukator
    Free Member

Where do the 50bn come from quoted on this thread. I’ve watched German news and the figure quoted was up to 100bn, confirmed by the Sud Deutsche Zeitung:

” die finanziellen Verpflichtungen Großbritanniens gegenüber der EU, die bis zu 100 Milliarden Euro betragen könnten”

mrmo
    Free Member

Where do the 50bn come from quoted on this thread. I’ve watched German news and the figure quoted was up to 100bn, confirmed by the Sud Deutsche Zeitung:

I have seen various numbers from £50Bn to €100Bn, I guess the final number will be somewhere in the middle, probably towards the top end because of the capabilities of the UKs crack negotiators.

They will probably negotiate a severance figure of €200Bn and claim it as a win. Big number better than little number, who needs experts.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Edukator all the figures are just made up fantasies, mainky for gullible members of the European public who are being lead to believe that tye UK’s massive net £10bn payment intontye EU budget won’t be missed.

What Davies and the UK team did is ask the EU what LEGAL basis they have for the request, nothing about figures. The EU cannot answer. We already said we will pay what is LEGALLY due. We know what that number is. It is 2 years of budget contributions net of rebates. Post A50 payments are guillotined, ie cut off. The EU drafted it that way as they wanted to ensure net recipients got no more money. Cuts both ways. We don’t even owe money for pensions of UK citizens past amd present who are EU employees.

We owe approx £20bn whilst we are members and nothing afterwards. We already said we will make up EU grants / funding after April 2019 directly to UK entities receiving them.

Therafter we have the EU asset discussion and what money we are owed. As I said I’d be happy to get back our £6bn (?) EIB capital and see the bank gone from the UK. I want nothing at all to do with it.

kimbers

Where do the 50bn come from quoted on this thread.

That was me being hopelessly optimistic . 100bn is what v is read too but….

I’m sure there is a bit of bluff on both sides re the final figure, so I’m sure it could be negotiated down,

Even bumbling Davis must have some be talents

That said it was only a month ago he was assuring us that we couldn’t possibly be following the EU’s timetable of agreeing an exit bill first- he actually said it’d be ‘row of summer’

https://www.ft.com/content/01396086-38ae-11e7-821a-6027b8a20f23

Funnily enough he slunk in with his tail between his legs and meekly agreed to do as the EU told him and do the exit bill 1st and trade talks later.

The Brexies so deluded they probably won’t see this early aquiescenc as a portent of what’s to come….

cchris2lou

oh come on Kimbers , it took Barnier at least a few hours to have DD change his mind . 😆

kimbers

. We already said we will make up EU grants / funding after April 2019 directly to UK entities receiving them.

Jambafudge alert!!!!

They said funding will be paid until 2020

After that it’s the slippery slope for UK research,
    if it were to be 100bn exit bill that’d be beyond 2030 before we break even and can start making up the losses to science funding!

The possible collaborative loss could be the real problem, like the NHS, we’ve already seen a drop in EU applicants and researchers heading back to the EU
    Little Britain here we come ! 🙁

oldracer
    Free Member

I want nothing at all to do with it.

You are Nigel Farage & I claim my half a crown.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Kimbers I recall they said until the end of the projects. You are correct to say the EU budget cycle ends in 2020 but my understanding is some projects go longer. To be honest much of it is as clear as mud a bit like the fact there are in the EU’s opinion something like 30 different ways to calculate “net budget contribution”. Its a total mess.

I think also that a big chunk of this €100bn number is loan guaranties and not acutal cash. However no one is really sure as its just made up figures. There is no contract / budget you can point to to get these numbers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I claim my half a crown

Excellent 🙂

Joking aside the EIB is a huge potential liability wrt the eurozone. We should take our £6bn capital back and use that to support directly the UK projects (like crossrail) that have EIB loans. £6bn capital is very roughly about £75bn in loans probably more

kimbers

Which is why the EU will demand a minimum of 50bn as that would mean no other country has to change their planned contributions in the next cycle, just because we’ve decided to throw a toddler tantrum and strop off..

As for the EIB they’ve invested billions in the UK projects (5.5bn in 2016) -though you jambafacted previously they didn’t help us at all, that’s another source of investment the UK gov will have to make up until we’ve paid off or divorce bill

Essentially all this ‘populist’ discontent is a kickback against austerity, Brexit commits us to another 6-12 years of that hurting the poorest hardest, just so egoists like rees-mogg, dacre, gove etc can say they’ve ‘taken back control’

zokes
    Free Member
    kimbers

Well the. Irishtimes agrees with my assessment, I’m assuming that isn’t a Murdoch publication!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think also that a big chunk of this €100bn number is loan guaranties and not acutal cash. However no one is really sure as its just made up figures. There is no contract / budget you can point to to get these numbers.

LOL given leaves grasp of figures I’m not sure who to believe more. The UK is on the hook for payments and Davis knows this,in fact it will be in one of his oh so manylon pages of plans.
    Lead by may negotiations start with a u turn inside the first day.

oldnpastit

Edukator all the figures are just made up fantasies, mainky for gullible members of the European public who are being lead to believe that tye UK’s massive net £10bn payment intontye EU budget won’t be missed.

Sigh. It’s not £10bn. The Daily Telegraph thinks it’s a mere £6.5bn:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/how-much-do-we-spend-on-the-eu-and-what-else-could-it-pay-for/

But you probably knew that.

brooess
    Free Member

Well the. Irishtimes agrees with my assessment

Looks a lot like schadenfreude to me after years of the Irish being the butt of English jokes about the Irish being idiots…

I agree with him… we’re being led by utter donkeys at the moment…

aracer
    Free Member

Old bloke who thinks he’s still tough.

aracer
    Free Member

cite

Junkyard
    Free Member

Probably is compared to the other fella whose backstory I do not know but i am guessing he is not as rough and toughty

Look lets be honest the outcome being decided by a fight to the death between the two is probably our best, and only, chance of success 😉

cite makes a lot more sense now i know you are politely saying #jambyfact

oldnpastit

It’s sad that France is now the coolest country in Europe.

And we’re now the least cool.

oldracer
    Free Member

UK’s massive net £10bn payment intontye EU budget won’t be missed.

Why do you keep using the wrong fing figure??

I don’t know, I guess BS is your forte..

oldnpastit

Anyway, is it wrong to be amused by David Davis’ crap performance today?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/19/uk-caves-in-to-eu-demand-to-agree-divorce-bill-before-trade-talks

Is the UK actually the B-ark ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

8 seats to one of the pictures our pit pet right wing nut jobs’ masturbation wall (yeah, yeah, she “stepped down”). Not even enough to form a parliamentary group.

AfD in Germany polling at its lowest since 2 years.

I wish I’d watched the news instead of believing the guy who’d been correct on everything, ever. I’d assumed the Eurozone had collapsed and Turkey was about to join the EU and we’d have an ocean of refugees waiting at Calais.

That’ll teach me.

bigrich

looks like ole Davis is alone and naked. oh, the imagery.

igm

Jamba – couple of thoughts.

We know what that number is. It is 2 years of budget contributions net of rebates. Post A50 payments are guillotined, ie cut off.

1. The A50 guillotine as you describe it is the no deal position – agreed? So if we want a deal it’s likely to be more – agreed again?

2. You previously said no more money, and you’ve now gone for £20bn – any advance on £20bn?

kimbers

We started capitulating to EU demands within hours of the negotiation, usual suspects gone quiet, wonder if any of these brexies get what’s about to happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/19/a-frazzled-david-davis-takes-england-to-a-3-0-defeat-in-the-first-round

jambalaya
    Free Member

You guys are hysterical

The EU agreed to discuss trade at their October summit irrespective of any progress or not on the exit arrangements. I can tell you there is going to be no substantive progress on the exit bill by October not least as the Germans have elections and need to keep up the €100bn premise so there are no conversations domestically about how much extra they will have to pay.

Kier Starmer is in a dreadful mess trying to appeal to Remain and Leave Labour voters, even when Ewan pins him down he won’t state his postion clearly and lets the BBC do it for him. Labour would give up the ability to sign trade deals with anyone outside the EU in return for membership of the customs union and tariff free trade with the EU, also no mention of cost either. What a dogs breakfast.

[video]http://youtu.be/hCjob6f5ojc[/video]

milleboy
    Free Member

Kier Starmer is in a dreadful mess trying to appeal to Remain and Leave Labour voters, even when Ewan pins him down he won’t state his postion clearly and lets the BBC do it for him. Labour would give up the ability to sign trade deals with anyone outside the EU in return for membership of the customs union and tariff free trade with the EU, also no mention of cost either. What a dogs breakfast.

Are Labour doing the deal? Has Davis been told he’s not supposed to be there?

oldracer
    Free Member

I can tell you there is going to be no substantive progress on the exit bill by October

Well…

We all know how accurate your predictions are!

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

as the Germans have elections

What’s your prediction?

150 seat majority for your admired AfD?

kimbers

jambs stop digging!

if you really are a typical leaver then it explains the brexit debate quite well

Here Are 5 Undeniable Signs That You Are Arguing With A Sociopath

jam-bo

They say or do things, and then blatantly deny that those things ever took place. Alternatively, they reinvent history and blame you for “misinterpreting” them.

sounds familiar. 150 anyone?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyway, wouldn’t it be great if we could embed tweets here. But, here’s an excellent thread on FoM which exposes the lies that jamba and the rest of our Brexies have been peddling for years. To be fair, they’ve only been parroting the anti-EU newspapers, but they’ve swallowed the lies and repeated them countlessly.

Del

What a dogs breakfast.

credit where it’s due, you’ve got that bang on!

zokes
    Free Member

Be careful DD you know what a thin skin he has and will go running to teacher.

Shouldn’t be an issue, it’s quite easy to demonstrate that his accusation is grounded in fact

Viewing 40 posts - 29,081 through 29,120 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.