Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ebay issue advice please
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not sure what to do with this

I have been trying to get hold of a hope bulb hub at reasonable price to get a ratchet ring to replace the one in my hope big un hub

I got one off ebay advertised as spares or repair and asked the chap if the ratchet ring was Ok he replied “worn but not too bad” which I took to mean some wear marks on it. Its actually scrap – rusty and some teeth missing thus scrap for my purpose. The hub does have a single speed conversion on it that I can use.

The hub was only £20 including postage

I guess any dispute would hinge on the interpretation of ” a bit worn but not too bad”

worth doing owt about it?

jota180
    Free Member

I’d just send it back – not as described

wwaswas

[hijack]

I know this is close to your heart TJ – had you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-18422851

donsimon
    Free Member

Did you tell the seller what you wanted to use it for?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wwaswas – yes I saw that – and had a little laugh. He lied to be in writing and must carry the responsibility for the cover up

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Usually I’d say send it back, but for the price and the fact that

The hub does have a single speed conversion on it that I can use.

its probably not worth the hassle if you get the end result that you were looking for.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have emailed the seller askingfor a suggeested solution.

I think I was shill bid up to my max as well – but only £4 higher than the last real bid

higgo
    Free Member

If the seller is a shiller, you’re not going to get a reasonable ‘suggested solution’.

Either enjoy the singlespeed hub for £20 or formally dispute through EBay.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well there you go – amicable solution reached with ease – part refund, I keep the hub

higgo
    Free Member

I am happy I was proved wrong.

Tiger6791

Have you tried asking Hope directly about spares. Always had a good experience with them.

Sometimes they just send them, sometimes they don’t don’t charge very much. They have great aftercare which makes for customer loyalty, which leads to brand advocacy which is more valuable than self promotion etc. ( brilliant marketing 😉 )

£20 doesn’t sound too bad even if you just had a shell with a part refund it sounds like a bargain 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ebay issue advice please’ is closed to new replies.