Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Donald…erm Trump?
  • lazybike
    Free Member

Let and consent are not the same thing..it’s the reason the law states consenting.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

OK, I guess it is just semantic.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Well this seems to be the jist of the argument against, but surely what you talk about then is being forced and that isn’t ‘let’

I think it is but the problem arises because it’s unlikely that both parties will see it in the same way. The aggressor may think that they were merely being strong and assertive whereas the victim may see that situation very differently.

The image of the strong man giving the woman what he thinks she secretly desires is one that’s well ingrained into popular culture.

[edit]
    Which I just realised brings us right back to Trump and his pussy grabbing antics.

kimbers

Jamie – Member
    Are you a moderator, Scotroutes?
    He’s been a mod for aaaaaaages.

Thought everyone knew?

CharlieMungus – Member
    Why would someone be a mod by stealth? Why not put it in profile?

see I freakin told you guys, dark forces, DARK FORCES

lazybike
    Free Member

The image of the strong man giving the woman what he thinks she secretly desires is one that’s well ingrained into popular culture.

Not sure you’re in the right century…equally unsure as to what that has to do with consent.

scotroutes

That’s a really good example of thread duplication.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a really good example of thread duplication.

So is this.

kimbers

this has an XXXX…..erm XXXX ?

the Theresa May one was more unique

jonnyboi

Jesus, catch a grip people. Crappy thread where people were being crappy to each other gets canned and suddenly everyone has hurty feelings.

somafunk

So are certain magazine articles but we can choose to overlook what we don’t wish to read

Edukator
    Free Member

As you didn’t answer the question and Jamie thinks you’ve been a moderator for ages I’ll assume you are a moderator, Scotroutes.

Why not answer a simple question with a simple answer?

I have no problem with you being a moderator, I do have a problem with being moderated by people who get heavily involved in threads without declaring their moderator status.

Is Captainflashheart a moderator too? He’s carried a grudge across from Bikemagic and the tone of one of the moderation e-mails I got had CFH written all over it.

Edit: Hi flashy, are you telepathic too, You posted as I was typing about you. Did your ears start itching or soemthing? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hey scotroutes, why aren’t you more public about your mod status?

scotroutes

CFH has been a moderator for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!

Doesn’t everyone know that?

PS – so is Jamie.

RustySpanner

Don’t feed the mods.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not sure you’re in the right century…equally unsure as to what that has to do with consent.

When read with my previous post I’d intended it to illustrate the idea that a person could let an assault take place because they thought it might save them from a worse fate while the person committing the assault might think that their victims initial struggle was part of the game.

I am not advocating on the behalf of the aggressor but trying (and possibly failing) to understand how the aggressor might wrongly think that they had implied consent. Whereas what they had was a victim trying to somehow minimise the assault.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Because they might get a wee bit more attention

I would not be surprised if those two were mods but Jamie is above such things

Edukator
    Free Member

Pre-hack it seemed every man and his dog was a moderator on this place. Make a harless quip to the wrong poster (moderator) and it was an instant ban.

Moderation is a lot more consistent these days.

I’d like to see the tag moderator along side the pseudo of moderators in the same way “reformed troll” appears along side reformed trolls.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yeah, I can see ‘let’ as being the better of two choices one is forced into, ‘let’ need not mean consent but it doesn’t really mean ‘let’ either. So semantic really

scotroutes

Cougar and Drac have both chosen to “out” themselves. Other moderators are more quiet about it, seeking to minimise any hassle from other posters.

Jamie
    Free Member

Other moderators are more quiet about it, seeking to minimise any hassle from other posters.

What hassle?

*pushes dog poo through Druidh’s letterbox*

scotroutes

There’s also the abuse of status thing. It’s not just physical coercion.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely every trusts the secret police

What is it with you lefties

I believe – for this was once whispered to me by an alleged mod- that the reason was that on a group ride a mod got abuse/moaned at /whinged at constantly for things on the forum [ rules bannings who else was etc] and was not able to enjoy their ride due to the “abuse”

#realfakenews

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Moderation is a lot more consistent these days.

Kind of, but sometimes moderation seems to take a bit of a personal edge, other times, there are ‘styles’ of moderation and when there are undeclared kids then we tend to associate the action with one of the two who are prepared to stand by their actions

scotroutes

Pushing poo again Jamie?

I think the trick is to set it alight.

somafunk

So being a secret mod is analogous to the Stasi?

Jamie
    Free Member

Pushing poo again Jamie?

It’s a hobby.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Don’t feed the mods

😀 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

but much less sinister and with limited powers

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Pushing poo again Jamie?

Reported

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xJIedrrfA[/video]
    Mod and proud!

scotroutes

Reported
    [/quote]Liar

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Am I?

Edukator
    Free Member

Drac openly abuses his power in a tongue in cheek manner – I’m more reluctant to engage with him than “normal” members.

I liked Cougar’s style before the “moderator” tag appeared and think he manages the duality of regular contributor and moderator really well.

when there are undeclared kids then we tend to associate the action with one of the two who are prepared to stand by their actions

On the contrary, when I get moderated without any moderator comment on the thread I know it’s not Drac or Cougar because they generally tell people what they are doing and why.

somafunk

pushing poo again Jamie?

As long as he washes his hands before touching door handles I’m fine with his eccentricities

kimbers

Filthy stealth mods, always ganging up on us rockers

lazybike
    Free Member

@muppetwrangler…sorry mate..misunderstood.

lazybike
    Free Member

The old people look scary..

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Drac openly abuses his power in a tongue in cheek manner – I’m more reluctant to engage with him than “normal” members.

I liked Cougar’s style before the “moderator” tag appeared and think he manages the duality of regular contributor and moderator really well.

Both have expressed views which I have found to be racist or essentialist at least. I would be happier if I knew something about the attitudes of others who moderated this forum. It would be nice to have a bit of honesty and transparency from the mods

Cougar

If you’re going to nuke a 7000 post thread, maybe you could at least pop a post saying why?

I’ve not read the rest of this thread so apologies if I’ve missed something. Our colleague who closed it said that it was closed to allow cooling off and will be reopened soon. Good call IMHO. Said Moderator is not ‘out’ therefore nothing was posted on the thread.

So, cool your jets for now, it’ll be back. In the meantime I’m closing this as a duplicate / answered question.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Donald…erm Trump?’ is closed to new replies.