• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,881 through 10,920 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • binners

WTF 😯

White racist pardons white racist

and

Game show host still thinks he’s hosting a game show

The truly terrifying thing is that having been criticised by the liberal elite/anyone intelligent (delete as applicable) for his failure to condemn white supremacists, it seems that it actually seems to have reinforced his popularity with the bunch of squirrel-eating, gun-toting rednecks who voted him in in the first place.

So now it looks like he’s just abandoned everyone else and will be playing exclusively to that gallery from now on. Not that he made many concessions to anyone else anyway, but it’s now deeply worrying where this opportunistic, paranoid bunker mentality is taking America.

As we’ve seen in the UK with the huge upsurge in hate crimes post Brexit, when politicians start flirting with this nasty nationalist populism, they can pretty soon find they are no longer able to control it. At least our home grown racist morons aren’t walking around proudly displaying their collection of assault rifles 😯

ninfan
    Free Member

WTF 😯

Do you find yourself ‘not getting the joke’ a lot in life?

Were you one of the people who piled in on Twitter over Barry Gibb’s Covers too?

(Ps, a hint, you may want to watch the unedited version, with the lead in to the question)

GrahamS

He pardoned him when he thought the ratings would be higher?
    Was he jealous of the ratings the hurricane was getting??

Love his logic that “Sheriff Joe” is very popular in Arizona, so he should be pardoned. I don’t think that’s how the law is supposed to work. Harold Shipman was really popular in his home town.

GrahamS

What’s the American equivalent of the Edinburgh Defence?

If that was meant as a joke then he has deadpan skills to rival Jack Dee.
    Or maybe Trump just didn’t know it was a joke?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and he’s back….last man standing just off to the right there, no further right, bit more, past the white fella there, just a bit more….

Imagine the outcry if a president had just banned guns, how the nut jobs would be up in arms about their constitution and what it means, how it means you can be a racist facist areshole and expect free speech to cover that.

Police stopping people who look foreign, because they don’t look white enough to be local is also against the US constitution.

There is only one joke and it’s the orange dick.

ninfan
    Free Member

Police stopping people who look foreign, because they don’t look white enough to be local is also against the US constitution.

It’s not against common sense though is it?

If that was meant as a joke then he has deadpan skills to rival Jack Dee.

Finally, you’re getting it!

Trump always takes a swipe at CNN over their ratings.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Arming a nation is against common sense but the constitution allows it.

GrahamS

Ah is that how it works now?

Good news! Banning guns and nazis is ‘common sense’, no?

kimbers

So in light of the flooding in Houston, will the orange ones budget still be cutting 1bn from FEMA + flood defences, (but keeping in the extra 2.5bn for the wall Mexico was supposed to pay for?)

And obvs no one mention climate change.

kilo

It’s not against common sense though is it?

It is, stigmatising a large section of the population based on their colour, making minorities feel oppressed and possibly anti-police will impact community relations, cut down intelligence gathering capabilities and provide a potential ghetto breeding ground for terrorists, that would only be common sense if you were some sort of right wing nut job.

ninfan
    Free Member

Funny that – it was the same ACLU who backed the legal challenge against the constitutional basis Arpaio’s profiling that backed the white supremacists constitutional right to march in Charlottesville

So, as pointed about above, relying on ‘the constitution’ shoots your own arguments in the foot, doesn’t it?

tigmatising a large section of the population based on their colour, making minorities feel oppressed and possibly anti-police will impact community relations, cut down intelligence gathering capabilities and provide a potential ghetto breeding ground for terrorists,

So you’re saying that banning Nazis, restricting their right to free speech and threatening them with violence only further radicalises them? Who knew?

binners

And obvs no one mention climate change.

I’d greatly appreciate it if you could refer to this type of thing as ‘Extreme Weather Events’ from now on please

Junkyard
    Free Member

is it not changeable weather in the new world of common sense speaking?

i know it looks a lot like news speak but its probably because I just lack common sense

GrahamS

So, as pointed about above, relying on ‘the constitution’ shoots your own arguments in the foot, doesn’t it?

What? Eh?

You were the one arguing that “common sense” should take precedent over the constitution, not me/us.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps common sense no longer means having principles that you consistently stick to nor maintaining a position for more than about 6 hours or even having to be rational whilst saying things ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ninfan doesn’t post arguments. He posts specious twaddle that contradicts itself because he’s on a wind-up.

I’m convinced he doesn’t actually take up a position on anything because he believes it, he just does it because he likes to poke people with sharp rhetoric.

Makes him feel like he’s on a higher plane of clever.

Bit of a twerp, really.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree with all of that except the bit where you think he uses sharp rhetoric 😉

Northwind

Quite interesting though that you’re tied up in that part of the argument, and ignoring the bit where Ninfan thought racist harassment was common sense.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tripping over your argument in 3 posts or less isn’t sharp rhetoric…
    Maybe it’s just all an ode to the orange one (between holidays)

@Northwind – already sorted the looks like a duck, quacks like a duck part of that one. Of course being a racist is common sense to some people

ninfan
    Free Member

Waaah, waaah, waaah

In other news, even the guardian now admitting that #fakenews really is a thing https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/28/trump-tweets-hoax-louise-mensch-claude-taylor

GrahamS

Waaah, waaah, waaah

What about butter eh? Why don’t you right-wingers like butter?

Ooh look a squirrel.

kimbers

ninfan – Member
    Waaah, waaah, waaah

In other news, even the guardian now admitting that #fakenews really is a thing https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/28/trump-tweets-hoax-louise-mensch-claude-taylor

bin dun- see post 2hrs ago

infact when the hatch story was posted on this very thread the poster questioned the source, seeing as mensch was a Tory MP, thats quite wise!

see here for the sceptical erception it received

Donald! Trump!

if only Trump himself was capable of such critical thought!

franksinatra

So what will eventually bring Trump down? As time marches on abnormal becomes the new normal and the seriousness of his actions and statements is diluted. In any other administration Paris / Charlottesville / Russia / ObamaCare etc etc may actually be enough to bring it down. But with Trump these potentially devastating things just become yesterdays news as he barrels on to the next calamity.

So what will be the tipping point, what will it take to see him lose power, either before or at the point of the next election?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2018 Mid term elections or Robert Muller – the investigation is now wide enough that enough people will probably have perjured themselves by now.

kimbers

I think he’ll survibve the midterms, but reps may well lose support, enough that he’ll still be impeachable following Muller though?

binners

What has he actually managed to do though? Other than look like a great big orange clown? Has he actually managed to get any legislation through? It seems like the checks and balances of America’s political and legal systems has worked pretty well.

It has allowed him to bluster away, but when it comes to actually enacting any of this stream-of-consciousness lunacy, he’s had virtually no real effect at all

Northwind

ninfan – Member

In other news, even the guardian now admitting that #fakenews really is a thing

Nobody has ever denied that fake news is really a thing. Never mind though.

ninfan
    Free Member

But with Trump these potentially devastating things just become yesterdays news

[video]https://youtu.be/pNFRuHyntW0[/video]

GrahamS

Honestly I think he’ll continue to ride it out.

He’s lowered the bar so far on what is considered presidential behaviour that at this point he could literally be shown shooting a baby in the face on the lawn of the Whitehouse and he’d still get some support.

Junkyard
    Free Member

In other news the paucity of my argument is clear for all to see, even i cannot defend it, so let me drastically change course to debate something else entirely unrelated to the issue i have just been comprehensively pwned on

FTFY

akira

This is all working in favour of whoever the next president is, they’re going to look like a genius.

binners

If she did decide to run, can you imagine how racist the campaign would get, given the presently prevailing climate in the US, that seems to be getting worse by the day? 😯

slowoldman

Yes but the entertainment value would be enormous, which seems to be the priority in America.

franksinatra

This is all working in favour of whoever the next president is, they’re going to look like a genius.

GrahamS

I’m not sure that wearing radioactive earrings qualifies someone as a genius.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Donald Trump supporting bloke thinks Donald is getting away with it… And in tomorrow’s news sun still rises. Less people support Trump and more see through him as he offends and alienates more people.

ninfan
    Free Member

thinks Donald is getting away with it… And in tomorrow’s news sun still rises

Given that you lot thought he would lose the election, and when the sun shines tomorrow he very much will still be president, I’m left wondering what your definition of ‘not getting away with it’ would be?

binners

Sorry Mike, but it’s just not happening. This makes for very uncomfortable reading

The more Trump carries on like this, the more he re-enforces the view among the people who voted for him that he’s on their side. And the more the media attack him, the more it plays in to his hands, as he’s then allowed to indulge his persecution complex, and play out his liberal elite/fake news narrative.

We may be looking on in horror, but it appears a lot differently in a trailer park in shitsville, Idaho

GrahamS

Given that you lot thought he would lose the election

As did you. As did jamba.

I recall that chewkw was the only one unhinged enough to think Trump could win it from the start.

kimbers

We may be looking on in horror, but it appears a lot differently in a trailer park in shitsville, Idaho

indeed, amazing how many people in that interview look at trumps inability to get anything done and blame it all on those around him, rather than Trumps own incompetence, how long can that go on for?

Viewing 40 posts - 10,881 through 10,920 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.