Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Did anyone ever get a refund from idave ?
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I didn’t, despite numerous promises.

wallace1492
    Free Member

I remember seeing a whole big stuff on iDave, was this not a diet thing? Did it turn out to be a scam?

Raindog
    Free Member

Some of us paid for training programmes which, to a greater or lesser degree, failed to materialize. Excuses were made, refunds were promised.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Does anyone have contact with him now?

teethgrinder

Oooh.

I have no useful contribution to make?

althepal

Is this sort of thread allowed these days?

piemonster

Dunno, gonna get a post in quick

scaredypants

as teethgrinder says,

I have no useful contribution to make

Jamie
    Free Member

…along with calling everything/one a troll, are getting overused.

Stoner
    Free Member

along with calling everything/one a troll, are getting overused.

*Post Reported*

Jamie
    Free Member

*Post Reported*

Mother ******!

Stoner
    Free Member
    Raindog
    Free Member

Well I think it’s a fair question. I’m not asking anyone to reply apart from those affected. I’d rather like my money back, that’s all.

Jamie
    Free Member

Rest in mother-******* Peace

Well, that was certainly serendipitous.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I lost flab on the iDave diet not money? Where did those who lost money go wrong?

(I have no useful contribution to make)

fourbanger
    Free Member

IDave gained trust by releasing a rehashed existing eating plan on a forum frequented by middle aged cyclists, who could lose a few inches around the waste. Seeing a result, some members decided a tailored plan would give better results. Money was paid, plans never materialised, promises were made, people were left without plans or refunds. Sounds a bit like a scam…

Mantastic
    Free Member

Didn’t his computer blow up? Then later had some personal stuff to deal with?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Did they pay PayPal gift?

Raindog
    Free Member

Looking at his twitter account he’s still having phone troubles. Yeah, right.

sc-xc

He had that many problems, all he could do was tweet about the road cycling holiday he was enjoying, whilst customers awaited either programmes or refunds.

theboatman
    Free Member

He did claim to be having a lot of problems, he clearly needed a holiday.

ton

i lost flab+1 all for free.

spacemonkey

Well, his Twitter feed is still as active as ever, and as above, he’s making out he has phone problems. I reckon that’s BS cos if I was a globetrotting elite coach type of dude I’m sure as hell have a phone that worked.

teethgrinder

Jamie – Member
    …along with calling everything/one a troll, are getting overused.

Pah. pop out to fettle a hub (knackered pawl spring) and I get called a troll 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Pah. pop out to fettle a hub (knackered pawl spring) and I get called a troll

No, no. I was not calling you a troll. I was saying that I have no useful contribution to make, and calling anyone mildly provocative a troll, were becoming overused STW tropes.

tazzymtb

did he recover his business properly after the destruction of a lot of IT systems, threats, harassment and criminal stuff that was carried out against him? From memory the poor bloke done over royally to the point where his life pretty much fell apart for a while. Doesn’t excuse not repaying folks, but then again you all may be way down his list of priorities…just saying like.

piemonster

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gkTb9GP9lVI[/video]

For teethy and jamie

ampthill

But did he know anything about excercise theory?

Seriuosly he said some things that didn’t make sense to me. I assumed my knowledge was wrong

scaredypants

tropes

oh, good vocabulary ! – tolerance needs work though 😉

teethgrinder

OIC. No offence taken and none implied.

hora
    Free Member

So let the scammers prosper then?

glupton1976
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re probably better off with a foam roller for that.

I paid him for training programmes twice, before the STW kerfuffle, I got them, and they were bloody brilliant. Not just the same traditional training re-hashed like many coaches seem to hand out.

He wasn’t on a cycling holiday when he tweeted about cycling in the Alps, he was/still is working in Geneva periodically and just went out on a ride.

So yes he is a real coach, no he is not deliberately scamming, yes he probably really should have got his finger out and sorted refunds, despite all the personal issues.

did he recover his business properly

Don’t think so, he has a job now I think.

soobalias
    Free Member

he fought a good corner on the diet front.
    dunno the whys and wherefores of his ‘scammin’ but a shame nonetheless.

everyone ****s up from time to time, its how you handle it that defines you.

aracer
    Free Member

So long as everybody on it is interested in the OP’s complaint rather than suggesting he could make it cheaper elsewhere.

wwaswas

If I say I could fail to deliver a training plan for half the amount that iDave didn’t deliver one then that’s not allowed?

hora
    Free Member

molgrips was he set up as a Ltd company when he didn’t give everyone refunds? If not I imagine he wont want to ever bump into one of his remaining creditors.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like he’ll be at Hit the North in a couple of weeks if anyone wants to catch up with him.

crazy-legs

My email address is obviously on a database of team helpers somewhere because I got an unsigned email last night from an address called “dsmithflow@…..” and titled “Dave Smith; Fitness, Sports Coach, ffflow” which started:

On behalf on two former employers, two former friends and several former clients of Dave Smith, we are sending this email as a warning and expose of Dave Smith.

Went on to describe police investigations and listed a couple of allegations (which I won’t repeat here) but with no concrete evidence and worst of all, no indication of exactly who it was from. It was sent to a LOT of people though including the cycling media and people like me who’ve been involved with cycle teams on a more informal basis.

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips was he set up as a Ltd company

Not sure.

Crazy-legs.. that’s a bit scary. Two ways to look at it depending on who you believe. Either he’s scamming people, or he’s being done over again by the people who did him over last time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone ever get a refund from idave ?’ is closed to new replies.