Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Did anyone ever get a refund from idave ?
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

Anyone considerd that the “stalker” is another very pissed off ex customer.

chakaping
    Free Member

molgrips – Yeah he’s clearly got problems, I agree with your suggestion of a breakdown earlier in the thread.

I don’t blame those out of pocket for losing any sympathy though. Someone needs to sit him down and explain he needs to flog his bikes (or car, or whatever) and just pay people back.

njee20
    Free Member

Or do the plans! It’s not even a tangible product – if you get into problems selling goods you don’t have I can understand. Surely this was a couple of hours with Excel!

philconsequence
    Free Member

So, we’ll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

hora
    Free Member

A breakdown? Sounds like hes recovered now then hey?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Someone needs to sit him down and explain he needs to flog his bikes (or car, or whatever) and just pay people back.

they only needed his time- even something generic to tide them over till he could do something properly

Its clear that he knows who were out of pocket
    It is clear he will not be making amends for this despite saying he would

Whatever he intended to do this is what he did
    Toiol money and failed to deliver.

molgrips
    Free Member

I haven’t done my tax returns. Am I a tax evading fraudseter? Or am I just useless?

nicko74

after the LA disappointment I can’t see Hora trusting anyone again.

with his beautiful weapon?

i once cooked him a roast dinner and he ate the potatos

Not sure that’s actually allowed on this purported diet. Are you sure it was him?!

yossarian
    Free Member

That’s the rub really isn’t it?

If he has had personal problems and stalkers etc then that must be a tough thing to deal with. Ultimately he’s done a bunk without paying people back or delivering the goods.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

This shouldn’t still be going on. Its not like he has taken money for a commodity he can no longer get hold of, just his time to sort plans out apologise and clear his name. I don’t think he set out to rip people off but that’s how its ended up. It may have been the product of this ‘stalker’ but there’s no excuse for taking money and not delivering in this manner. He could easily set a thread up and discover the people without plans (I’m sure they have evidence they are genuine with PayPal transactions etc) & make good on his name.

watsontony
    Free Member

I haven’t done my tax returns. Am I a tax evading fraudseter? Or am I just useless?

both

molgrips
    Free Member

Agreed.

Edukator
    Free Member

I haven’t done my tax returns

If you are over the deadline I’d say “intent on financial suicide”.

hora
    Free Member

King-O but hes had plenty of opprtunity. The moneys spent I imagine which to him would feel like hes working for free if he had to the plans now..

I also imagine he has a dim viewpoint on forums/forum users if hes of a certain age.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’m begining to think iDave is a fictional storyline invented to generate web hits. If it were my money missing, there would have been a conclusion by now, but in this case, this same “what happened to iDave” topic just gets reposted every few months…

LeeW

I used iDave around 14 months ago, paid for (and eventually got) my programs. I even got a discount off the last one becasue of the delays.

The programs were generic stuff – mainly short intervals schedulled as and when I could do them. All aimed at giving me a quick fix, there was effectively no base training. I felt great at the time. But, if I’d have carried on doing them I’d have burnt out. Not my opinion, the opinion of another (brilliant) pro coach I’ve used since.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hora, I’m sympathising with his supposed situation and this stalker scenario if it its indeed legitimate. However if you read my post again I hope it is clear I would sooner he rectify his actions (his fault or not) as taking money and not delivering is inexcusable. I sell my ‘trade’ myself rather than a commodity and its common practice to pay a deposit and balance on completion, I suggest iDave does something similar in future and anyone buying plans off someone online doesn’t pay the cost upfront. This is surely now a damage limitation exercise on his behalf and the longer he ignores it the worse he appears.

molgrips
    Free Member

All aimed at giving me a quick fix, there was effectively no base training.

I got base training in mine, one ride/run a week. Coaches viewpoints do differ of course.

Raindog
    Free Member

Dave has been in contact today, saying he believes he refunded me in September, and asking me to check with my bank. This I will do, but I can’t do it online as I can only view transactions from 29th Sept onwards, so I’ll have to go into my branch. Should I discover that I have had a refund and inadvertently missed it, I will certainly post on here to let any interested parties know.

For what it’s worth, my complaint is that although I did receive a program, I had absolutely no opportunity to discuss it at all, so was unable to ask any questions or modify it to suit me at all. If it was a good program or not is hard to say, but the trainers in my local gym were concerned that I should follow it without any backup. In the end I used part of Dave’s program along with my existing gym program.

I can’t comment on any personal trouble Dave has experienced.

Edukator
    Free Member

Why would you need to discus it? Even a youthful David Milllar just followed the one he was given religiously (to little or no avail as to iDave’s credit there’s never been any suggestion his programme for Millar included doping). The thing about fad diets, fad training programmes, contrary eating/training is they can have a remarkable placebo effect. Being motivated by something and working hard at it can be as important as the diet/training actually being the best diet/training, for a while at least.

Short intervals with little or no base will certainly give a short term benefit especially if accompanied by a positve mental state. Just send off more money for a new programme when you’re physically burnt out and mentally exhausted.

sparksmcguff

Still not got my refund but then I didn’t pay him anything either. Swings and roundabouts I guess. Did like some of his advise though (on all those idiet threads there used to be) and even put it into practice – sort of.

Raindog
    Free Member

Why would you need to discus it?

I’ve had a little think, and I can’t think what this would have to do with you at all. However, as you’ve asked, I wanted to discuss how best to combine his program with the one I was already undertaking, the details of which I had supplied to him. In addition, part of the program involved me updating him of my progress on a weekly basis, after which he was to advise any modifications to the plan. As I was unable to discuss any of these issues, the program was less use than I had hoped, and the backup was nonexistent, hence Dave promising a refund.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just send off more money for a new programme when you’re physically burnt out and mentally exhausted.

I’ll let you know if that happens 🙂

Btw I did discuss at length on a few occasions with iDave, enough to learn to make my own decisions about my training. I paid slightly more than the lowest rate, because it included a few phone calls. The cheap rate was a consultation and plan, IIRC, and the ongoing training was very expensive – too much for my pocket.

Tom-B
    Free Member

So he received money and didn’t give anything in return? That is the mark of a truly unpleasant individual….if he had his issues with stalkers etc than that explains a short term disruption to service, but hasn’t this been going on for the best part of a year?

He was linked to a cycling team that was set up recently that was asking for donations was he not? Myself and a number of others abstained purely on the basis that he was involved…..

Raindog
    Free Member

FWIW I hadn’t been refunded, told Dave this over a week ago, and have heard nothing since.

Tom-B
    Free Member

He’s currently at Hit the North.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Possibly getting dusted up by hora.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Dusted….nah this is the North mate-it makes the Somme look desert like!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I only say dusted as I imagine hora’s not capable of much more. 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

Read this and that other thread and still not sure if anyone got a refund?

ojom
    Free Member

There was a special offer deal on his twitter this week.

Blackhound

As ojom says he was offering 10% discount on Twitter.

DickBarton

Is that 10% of the total refund price to you? 😉

hitman
    Free Member

Having posted the above I must say that I’m not sure who exactly iDave is, so googled it and came across this thread from the STW past:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/have-you-not-heard-of-idave-or

It contains the following exchange which seemed slightly ironic given what has happened since:

iDave – Member
    the doctor who did that will be far from ‘poor’ – that’s the point. the medical world love cretinous fools who make themselves ‘ill’. ker-ching

POSTED 2 YEARS AGO #
    smell_it – Member
    the fatties
    Burn ’em!

POSTED 2 YEARS AGO #
    The Southern Yeti – Inactive
    iDave. Your comments above combined with your readiness to offer free diet advice suggests a level of integrity that I think needs commending. Respect to you!

lazybike
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    the doctor who did that will be far from ‘poor’ – that’s the point. the medical world love cretinous fools who make themselves ‘ill’. ker-ching

POSTED 2 YEARS AGO #
    smell_it – Member
    the fatties
    Burn ’em!

POSTED 2 YEARS AGO #
    The Southern Yeti – Inactive
    iDave. Your comments above combined with your readiness to offer free diet advice suggests a level of integrity that I think needs commending. Respect to you! those were the days….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why not twitter haunt him?

Raindog
    Free Member

I said I would report back when and if I heard anything, and can report that I have received a refund of 50% of what I paid into my bank today.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone ever get a refund from idave ?’ is closed to new replies.