Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cut gate
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Anyone been there this weekend, thinking of heading up on tue with me
    mate (who is a bit of a newbee) so how is it up there I don’t want to put him off if it’s a mud bath.
    Cheers Rob.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it pissed it down in that area yesterday for a good few hours. It will be wet up there now even though it was bone dry last weekend. A lot of the top section has now been resurfaced/’improved’ so a lot of it will be ridable but you will be walking some sections of peat bog if you go up there.

robidoo
    Free Member

Cheers Andy I will see what the weather is like Sunday. May have to resort to plan B.

thefallguy
    Free Member

i’ve ridden cut gate at all times of year its always great, its just that sometimes its wet, filthy great! now they have rebuilt the path its only ever boggy on the last stretch to the cairn, which isn’t too far.

robidoo
    Free Member

Any one else ?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thefallguy – Member

i’ve ridden cut gate at all times of year its always great, its just that sometimes its wet, filthy great! now they have rebuilt the path its only ever boggy on the last stretch to the cairn, which isn’t too far.

your fault then eh? 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

I rode it on Saturday and the boggy bit was bloody awful, like riding through a bog!!

Other than that I did enjoy it rather alot despite this.

robidoo
    Free Member

Saw it earlier. It’s a shame 😉

antigee

reads like an ad’ for a convent “tried it once, didn’t like it, too wet and sticky – must be better things elsewhere”

thefallguy
    Free Member

Ralph, it I waited for it to dry out would it ever be ridden? You just need to choose a line (I dont mean widening the trail either) and go for it, sorry but no guilt here!

steve_b77
    Free Member

To be honest, looking back from a fully rested state.

It seems like alot of effort in walking/pushing/trying to ride through sticky peat compared to what you actually get back.

I don’t know if it’s the route I did – out of Ladybower, up a nigh on un rideable rocky path, over a peat bog onto some stone paving slabs through more rocky/peaty crap onto a nice bit of rocky single track then right down towards a big wall, back up a peaty wasteland/moor then back up the same nice bit of single track, not so much fun the other way round, then down the slabs, across the peat bog and try and ride down the rocky path to the resevior.

But there’s gotta be better out there irrespective of the ground conditions

Digimap
    Free Member

I rode it this afternoon from ladybower as an out and back round north america. The very top section, from the cairns north has a couple of soggy dips but nothing you can’t ride through or wheelie over. The rest is bone dry.

steve_b77 – one mans rocky peaty crap is another mans nirvana. It is a route which does reward fitness. If you find yourself pushing any of the climbs then perhaps it’s not for you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cut gate’ is closed to new replies.