Home Forums Bike Forum Cross frame sizing…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cross frame sizing…
  • daveagiles
    Free Member

Right, following on from this thread here, I have decided to get a genesis day one with the alfine 11.

I’m buying it direct through work, so I haven’t had the chance to sit on one.

Not sure what size to go for. I am 5 ft 7 with a 83 cm (32.5 inches) inside leg (floor to right in) or 81 using the sitting to standing method.

I ride an orange five and a kinesis virsa both in 16 inch frames.

Not sure what to go for 52 or 54 cm.

Just used the wrench science website, seems to have been helpful. Wrench Science

WS Recommended Road Sizes
    Frame Size center-to-center: 53 cm
    Frame Size center-to-top: 54 cm
    Overall Reach: 66.00 cm
    Saddle Height: 71.52 cm
    Handlebar Width: 38 cm

That suggests 54 which seems right, I have sat on a 52cm cyclocross bike and it felt ok in the leg, but short in the top.

Im mostly going to be commuting and touring on it, but want to be able to go off road as well.

Whats the consensus?

firestarter
    Free Member

52 at most I’d say I’m 5’10” and ride 54 but hard to say for sure too many variables

daveagiles
    Free Member

Just realised that it doesn’t make much difference anyway, as the seat tube angle is identical, as is chain stay length. There is 5mm difference in top tube and 1 cm in head tube, which can be adjusted with spacers and stem.

So regardless of the size, the saddle is going to be in the same place relative to the bb.

Going to go for the 52 cm. Sorted.

AlexSimon

I was going to say the 52 anyway. I have a 32″ inside leg and am 5’10” and preferred the 52 on the CDF.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cross frame sizing…’ is closed to new replies.