Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Chatting up the ex under a different name!
  • mactheknife

Curly my man, dont listen to most of the sad ballbags on here. Internet warriors the lot who just love to put people down.

I really think you are going through a bad time with the ex wife, job etc. Take a step back and have a good look at what you really want. When you have this figured then you have to work out how about you go about achieving it.

Sometimes life just saves all its kidney-punches for the same time and it can feel like the its all getting too much.

Do you not have anyone you can talk to?

-Liam-
    Free Member

Sounds like it to be brutally honest and if she isnt, she is looking. You can’t be thinking about that 24/7.

mactheknife

Curly68
    Free Member

I have no one to talk to. I have no friends. I know a lot of people but no one calls to ask how I am or pops over for a coffee. Sad I know but that is how it is.
    She doesn’t get on with my son at all. He calls her fat and lazy which is hard for me to get in between them.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Curly please mate talk to your GP tomorrow, if you need someone to just listen drop me a mail and I’ll give you my number. take care, chin up 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you ever call anyone? Try it perhaps.

Seriously stop seeing her except the minimum amount you have to for the kids.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You don’t need to see an emergency psychiatrist Curly, and you are not a freak……. FFS

But you do need to let go and move on. After 18 months you should be on the home run, if you’re not, then I guess seeing her and having sex has put things on hold. You both need to decide what you’re doing. But chatting her up under a different name is no solution, and can only make things worst.

If you are struggling dealing with other problems, house, kids, isolation, etc, then do as TJ suggests speak to your GP.

Good luck, Gus.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Just try to stop worrying about the jealousy, she has said she has not met anyone, the chances are she knows it’s you that has offered to meet her & is playing some kind of game with you.
    If you have broken up then stop sleeping with her, that’s a classic **** that will keep you on the hook.
    Take a step back, stand up & take a deep breath, it’s a long way down 🙁

jahwomble
    Free Member

I didn’t say emergency I said “duty” they will simply arrange for you to see who they feel is most appropriate to talk to once they’ve talked to you, that may be y’ GP, it may be one of the community mental health team. It’s simply an initial point of contact., it may simply be a visit to or from the community psyche nurse.

After years of experience of the mental health system as a patient, most GPs, with the best will in the world aren’t great with mental health and will just bang you on Citolopram and hope for the best.

Oh yeah and soryy, maybe freak is a bit strong, but you’ve got to admit it’s not normal by any stretch of the imagination, and I’m bipolar and can get pretty ‘kin strange sometimes 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no one to talk to. I have no friends.

Not that uncommon if you have been involved in a long-term relationship. Make it a task, give yourself a goal…….go out and meet people. Do evening classes, take up a martial art, learn Salsa, whatever. Just get out of your house, do things, and go places where you will meet people. Are you in a cycling club ?

Curly68
    Free Member

I started seeing someone last year and she was fantastic, made me really happy. The ex found out and soon made threatening messages on FB and calls. She soon put a stop to that.

backhander
    Free Member

Tried joining a club as a “casual”?
    http://www.westsuffolkwheelers.co.uk/
    Worth a go? Meet new people etc.
    Have a chat to someone (family?) and keep your chin up mate.

Curly68
    Free Member

Ernie – I have qualifications to teach a martial art! Not joined any clubs as that means paying a sitter for my son as the ex won’t have him.

scaredypants

Christ, just read all this 😯
    Luckily, we mostly seem to have calmed down by p2

There’s people who can get their heads round having sex with their ex, but you honestly don’t seem like one of them to me so I’d suggest you stop. Even if she does (have to) stay over weekends, presumably there’s a couch or something ?

Is your son too young for you to go out without him ?

Do you ever get “free” nights when you could go out ? – do so, preferably with some people you know (they don’t have to call you, call them & make arrangements). Moving on is going to be a bastard if you never leave the house, mate.

Definitely seek help financially (get advice soon, CAB etc can help there – DO NOT hide from the bank/landlord) and think about the suggestions of medical help – we’ve got no idea whether you genuinely need that but if you do, I think you know it since you’re posting this here.

Good luck +1

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Is joining a cycling club sound advice ernie, I mean you have seen the folk on here right?

Anyway, on the plus side the OP seems to be getting it more than me, by quite a margin, & I’m still married 🙁

Spongebob
    Free Member

First off, ignore the childish repsonses on here and bear in mind that people love to poke fun, regardless of the consequences.

I think you need to get something sorted out between you and the misses for the benefit of your children.

It sounds to me like she is having her cake and eating it, but where do you fit in? Is everything that happens, on her terms?

Are you divorced. or just seperated?

Have you actually discussed with her the reasons why she left?

There are some guys who would quite like to have space between them and their other half. There are quite a lot of couples who live like this and it sounds like your “arrangement” could continue indefinitely. If you felt secure about her committment and loyaly in the current circumstances, could you live with that?

If you haven’t had any relationship counselling, this might bring some clarity, but perhaps neither of you want to face up to the reality of your situation. You have dependants however and their welfare has to come first!

If the marriage is over, I can’t see the point in continuing with recreational sex. It could be that one partner is taking it more seriously than the other, thus making themselves rather vulnerable. For that person, all that this is doing is keeping them dangling on a string and so they will struggle to move on.

Whilst this will possibly seem a bit scary, get professional advice as a couple and sort it out.

Good luck!

mactheknife

Curly – you seem to be up to your eyeballs in problems but only you can sort it. The last few posts have been spot on about talking to someone. But im spotting a bit of a worrying trend in your replies. They are all very short and negative.

I think that you need to either split 100% from your ex and deal with it and move on so you can both be happy or make a go of it together. You cant have it both ways. As you are now finding out the hard way.

Bud dont let your problems push you under and turn you into a push-over. This is when you have to be strong for yourself and your kids.

Curly68
    Free Member

I love my kids to bits, they are my lifeblood at the minute. If it wasn’t for them, especially my son living with me I may not be here writing this!
    I keep saying that nothing else can happen to make me feel any lower. This year has been the hardest of my life, even getting sent to prison was easier than this!
    The past few weeks has been nothing but downs. Work van broken into and stole all MY power tools and work won’t replace them, redundancy notice, legal letters from creditors etc etc. CAB are on the case but very slow.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not joined any clubs as that means paying a sitter for my son …..

OK, I understand…….but you will have to find a solution to that problem – you MUST get out of the house ! Do it for your son – he needs a happy dad !

Pick something (Salsa’s good) and get out, making it your mission to become good at it. Immerse yourself in a new interest, one which involves meeting people.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Tell her the truth and she’ll post on facebook -you’ll be a laughing stock.

You should just close the account and move on -you’re not doing yourself any favours.

Do not discuss your inner thoughts of getting back with your ex as the sex will stop -sex is good you’re a man! but the hormones can create false love.

Get a new GF, date, experience, grow self esteem and move on and stop being silly.

Go ride your bike more!

Or go ruin your reputation and dating life and be a laughing stock-this is not an option!

MTFU and ride.

Rich
    Free Member

This may help.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Rich, not helpful you t wat.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Keep off Facebook!

Spongebob
    Free Member

If you loose your income, you will get the interest on your mortgage/your rent paid. You also get you council tax paid. There are other benefit you will qualify for, but go see the CAB for advice.

If you become insolvent, your creditors will not be able to pursue you. There are different options for managing debt, again CAB will advise.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

If you can pull her on facebook under an assumed identity, you can pull someone more deserving of your affection who won’t play mindgames with you.

DTMFA and get on your bike.

Drac

Ok.

Get some help GP tomorrow not every A+E can provide emergency services although many have a crysis team.

As for not joining clubs why not join with your son it’ll help you both.

j_me
    Free Member

…….apologies then drac

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Jeremy Kyle helped me when I split up with my wife. He took me to watch my favourite football team, Man Utd, and we talked about how I should get a job. He even shouted at me. It did help me sort my life out though. Curly68, you should give it a try, he was, and still is, the saviour of my marriage.

Don’t underestimate Jeremy Kyle, some people on here are complete snobs. He changed my life and I have his mobile number in my phone to prove it.

Curly68
    Free Member

I really appreciate some of the replies. I will try to work this out and the right thing to do is to stop seeing her. Just been talking to her via msn and she says she enjoys chatting to the blokes on the sites as she can tease them and be whoever she wants to be!
    It can work out for the better as I am not the only one that is going through it or has been. Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t frikkin talk to her on MSN

She is your EX. She is playing games with you and doing your head in.

Drac

No j_me

Kevevs
    Free Member

glittergary -you’re an unfeeling ****. Curly68 -get a grip mate, you have the tools..

cinnamon_girl

Curly – there have been some sensible suggestions on here. You do need to step back and make time to take a long hard look at yourself and your situation.

Once you reach the point of clarity, you will know what to do.

But, as others have suggested, a visit to your GP would be a good starting point.

Meantime, probably best to avoid any relationships until you are in control of your situation.

Do hope things work out for you.

Edit: I do hope that those who have posted unhelpful replies do not find themselves in a difficult situation. There are some particularly stupid responses.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Call a+e and ask to speak to the duty psychiatrist, there’s no stigma, I do it fairly regularly

😆

i work in mental health, duty psych is usually asleep at night,

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Lets keep this thread alive & positive, a word of support can work wonders, and you never know when you might need the same.

Cheers.

AlasdairMc

Your ex is stringing you along. If there was a future for you, you’d already be back together.

Harsh words, but you need a clean break and to build your life back up without her.

As stoatsbrother said:

If you can pull her on facebook under an assumed identity, you can pull someone more deserving of your affection who won’t play mindgames with you.

Philby

You need to start setting some boundaries with your ex and try and regain some control of the situation and stop it getting more complicated and probably worse than it already is. This could include telling her that she will not be welcome to stay overnight when she is visiting your daughter. You could also close your new Facebook account and block your ex from your original one – if you keep prying you will eventually find out some information you will not want to hear, such as when she meets someone new. She seems to be controlling you – you state you met someone else last year but your ex somehow caused it to end – this is not acceptable behaviour.

If you are feeling very depressed you could also consider the Samaritans – they will at least be non-judgemental listeners which you obviously need.

Good luck and hope it all sorts itself out positively!

user-removed
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member
    Curly68 -get a grip mate, you have the tools..

Curly68 – Member
    Work van broken into and stole all MY power tools

Hmmm. Other than that…. Loads of good advice here. Years ago I was in a slightly similar situation – fortunately for me and unfortunately for her, the lady concerned was on a downward spiral of drunken depression which made me see her in a new light and I was able to just cut off all contact (she lived two floors beneath me, so this required a Herculean effort). I’m now good (facebook) friends with her and happily married.

I absolutely agree with those suggesting you cut off contact, other than that required for the wellbeing of your kids.

Best of British.

ononeorange

I was thinking along the lines of Philby, above. She is enjoying having control of you, for whatever reason that gives her a kick. She deliberately shut down the other relationship you mentioned. What right did she have to do that?

So you should take control of your own life – which as everyone here says, includes stopping her control you. It’s not easy but you can do it. Set your own rules in your house – certainly don’t let her stay over. She won’t like not controlling you and will shout, so cut off the MSN and Facebook contact and ignore her yelping. It’s your life, not hers. There are women like that (and men too). Don’t let them.

EDIT: show yourself too that you can sort out the other problems in your life, piece by piece put it back together. Prove to yourself that you don’t need her control to do it. Then enjoy your life.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

As usual, a lot of polarised opinions, and some childish, pretty brutal responses. It’s sad that you’re having to resort to asking for help on here, but let’s face it, you’re not the first, and I’m sure you wont be the last. First off, stop with the facebook and msn stuff – as most people have said, it’s never gonna have a happy ending. Your ex does indeed seem to be getting some kind of gain from all this, whereas you’re just ending up totally screwed up. I can empathise (from personal experience) about your current situation regarding feeling totally alone, etc, but believe me, what your doing at the moment isnt the answer. Things can, and do, change, you’ll wake up one day and it’ll just click, but right now, you need to put some distance between yourself and your ex. Do more stuff with the kids, make them your priority, but if it’s at all possible, try to avoid letting them take sides – it’s all too easy for kids to be used as pawns in these situations. My e-mails in my profile if you wanna off load, and in the meantime, please try and avoid facebook. Oh, and Ernie, I have an image of you doing salsa that I wish I didnt have!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Chatting up the ex under a different name!’ is closed to new replies.