Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannondale Jekyll owners sizing advice wanted please.
  • zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Hello

I am thinking about purchasing a Cannondale Jekyll 2 2015 and need advice on sizing.

I am usually a large and have an Ibis Mojo sl and its a bit too small for me.

I am 6ft tall inside leg about 33/34 and quite a long reach.

Ive had a look at the geometry of the 2 but I never trust the Geo to be 100 percent accurate as manufacturers information differ from one another

Just wondering can any one give me a comparison of an Ibis Mojo sl (L) to the Cannondale Jekyll 2 carbon as I dont want to buy another bike and feel all cramped up again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

withersea
    Free Member

If it helps I am 5 10 on a medium, suggesting you need a large as a minimum.

easygirl

I’m 6 foot 4 and I’m in an xl, and it feels perfect

easygirl

Where do you live, yiu could try mine for size

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” on a medium and it feels fine but I need a longer seat post and I think I could have gone for a large no trouble. Great bike. Change the tyres.

withersea
    Free Member

Ah yes top advice on the tyres….

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and ride a medium and it’s just right but think if I was any taller I’d have gone for a large.

And like easygirl says if u live near u can always try mine for size

mildred

I’m 511 & have large – medium would have been too small. I also ride a medium nicolai helius am & although the geometry figures don’t show this, they fit very simarly.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply guys. I’m from South Wales near Merthyr Tydfil if that’s near any one who offered to let me try their bike. So looks like I could go for a large or maybe am xl but only large left at Paul’s cycles. I really need to try one might see if any local shops have one in stock but I doubt it.

I’m also wondering are the Jekyll 2 carbons heavy at all and more to the point do they ride heavy or pedal really well. Has any one actaully weighed a stock carbin 2. Coming from a 27lbs Ibis I dont really want to go too heavy although I’d probably swap out some parts to save on poundage.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just weighed my Carbon Jekyll 2. With Superstar Deltas, Nobby nics and a Cateye light it weighs 32.18lb. 14.6kg. Not bad considering how solid it feels.

I’ve gone tubeless since writing that, gone XT 1×11 and changed to Hope V4 brakes.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

32 lbs wow. Does it feel heavy pedalling at 32lbs I’ve read that it pedalls well and feels lighter than it is. Is it a struggle on the up or does the elevate mode eleviate some of the heaviness thanks.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 3 and ride and xl J3, its great for an all day ride, but plenty nippy enough if I want to hoon about. I could probably have gotten away with a large, but i wanted the extra space for big rides.

It’s around 31lbs with a few changes I’ve made, but I’ve been climbing up technical stuff in the peaks quicker than on my ibis tranny. It pedals very well and doesn’t feel, anywhere near as heavy as it is. I fully recommend one.

I’ll get it easily below 30lb when I change the wheels and go 1×10, plus the usual tarty changes!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

P.s. Slight hijack…..anyone using a front shifter as a dyad remote? Apparently it’s dead easy to to do?

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Thanks every one for the advice. MrCrushrider thanks for that, that just tipped me over the edge im going to buy one right now!

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Ordered, coming early next week cant wait!

Spoke to a guy who was saying that he has had a lot of feedback from customers saying that they sizing is good and that some people felt they could have gone down a size from their regular choice. Its all personal preference at the end of the day though.

So thats nice.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

You’ll love it, I wish I’d sprung the extra few quid on the carbon 2, you’ll easily get it below 30lb!

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Good news!

Ive had a couple of lefties in the past. Lightest bike I have ever owned was a carbon Rush, it was crazy light. I love the lefties, fantastic fork.

When I get a few more bucks together I think ill swap the wheels out for a set of Easton Haven Carbons (that will shave some weight off). I got a set on my Ibis and they are amazing, I’ve been absolutely blown away by them as soon as I rode them.

Ultra stiff and strong and the 2 wheels weigh 1400g. The box came and I thought it was empty. Put them on the bike and the difference was immediate. I was dubious initially but noticed the difference immediately. Amazing.

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Hey zer0c00l44, I’ve got my eye on one of these too but at 6ft 3in it’s going to be a tighter fit so encouraging to here that the feedback is they size big. How’s it feeling for you out of interest? – my leg is 34 so got a bit extra body length to fit in!

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Hi Dan, got mine last week and I love it. Its mega stiff and the lefty fork is (as always, I have had 3) amazing. Very stiff and great steering.

Size wise, I was a little disappointed I was hoping it would be about an inch or inch and a half longer than it is. I just put a 75mm stem on it and I am better pleased now.

I have about a 33/34 inside leg and I could still raise the post an inch or two before I hit the minimum insertion line.

I would suggest you for for an extra large for sure, with you having a longish body. I would have gone for the extra large if they had the carbon 2 in that size. You will love it though these bikes are great the rear shock is sweet and really improves my climbing ability.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Jekyll owners sizing advice wanted please.’ is closed to new replies.