• This topic has 91 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Balls Out!!!
  • flashinthepan
    Free Member

No, not my outing today at F.O.D. – rather wet and slow today

Actually a bloke in the car park

It was quite wet and mucky today and I’m sure we all like to change into dry clothes for the drive home. I certainly do but I get in the car or use the facilities

But not this bloke. 30 odd, removes his top, shoes, socks and shorts. All normal enough – his modesty retained by his underwear. But then in open view in the car park (the one close to the café – mums and youngsters all around) he drops his keks and airs his loins then fishes around, stark bollock naked, for a fresh pair before proceeding to dress. Cool as you like.

My son was pissing himself and a few others not sure where to look

I’m no prude – but is this normal? Acceptable?

Personally I’m not bothered as such, but just thought it a bit odd

Merak

Not on imo. I used to see a chap at various TT’s doing the same, general consensus is he’s on the spectrum. There is no need, a towel protects your modesty.
    No one wants to see Stephen and the twins.

SaxonRider

Probably German. 😀

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Think he was Welsh!

chewkw
    Free Member

Of course it’s unacceptable but then there is nothing you can do about it.

😮

scotroutes

Fairly standard practice if you’re into watersports (no – not that kind!!). It’s a shame that so many folk are so prudish about it.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, you are a bit. As scotroutes says, it’s pretty standard practice for kayakers – those of all genders – though generally they try to keep away from members of the general public as they tend to be prudish and get upset. But when you’ve just come of a river and are cold, coordinating a towel to cover up tends to be too much trouble.

It seems to be mainly a British thing – or maybe an anglophone thing. I’ve been in unisex saunas in mainland Europe and the only people wearing clothes were other Brits. I also remember once having to tell a camera crew they might want to stop filming as I was getting changed between stages of an adventure race (another sport where all sense of modesty goes out of the window).

cornholio98
    Free Member

I’m not a naturalist or anything but I have always wondered why some groups of people are terrified that they might see someone naked or worse still a child might see.
    There is nothing sexual about someone getting changed and to make a fuss or get upset probably makes things more interesting to a child. I wonder if the fact we hide our bodies away from the world contributes to people being so self conscious

bikebouy
    Free Member

Prude.

Are you professionally offended on behalf of everyone else?

bedmaker

mums and youngsters all around

Mums will have seen at least one willy before, so unlikely to be too bothered. Kids are unlikely to be troubled in the least.

Not surprised it’s normal among watersports – if I’ve just come out of a Scottish river then there’s not going to be anything dangling around down there 🙂

nuke

Prude. Are you professionally offended on behalf of everyone else?

Really? The OP didn’t berate the person or move his son quickly away… seems a perfectly reasonable question given, as others have said, the UK is quite backwards when it comes to displays of nudity. And that’s the thing, im fine with it as are many others but culturally other brits may not be and, although this maybe changing, it’ll take time so a bit of discretion in a public car park seems reasonable to me but then it does depend on things like how busy the car park & how blatant the display

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

The Forest is different to the rest of the Shire

kayak23

Should have tea-towel snapped him in the tabs!
    😀

theotherjonv

on the few times I’ve been canoeing or kayaking and fallen in a river, you’d have to stand pretty close to get a glimpse of wee jonny.

In fact, add the fact that I was full body shivering and it would have been vibrating sufficiently fast that to anyone passing it would have looked pixelated already.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’m no prude

Yet you started a thread about someone getting naked, briefly, before getting dressed again.

Hmmmmmmm.

cheers_drive

I saw a woman strip off totally whilst getting changed in Afan car park once 😯
    Can’t see the problem really, no one is parading around naked, or doing anything sexual.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

is this normal? Acceptable?

No, just really rude and entitled. There’s a place for nudity and in a car park in front of a cafe isn’t it.

jam-bo

Clearly not real mtb-er. can’t afford a van.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Entitled?

Ding ding! All about the prude bus! :mrgreen:

breadcrumb

I’ll usually wrap a towel around before dropping my troos. Unless it’s a very quiet parking spot, even then I’ll make sure everything is ready for a quick change.

jam-bo

Getting changed after a surf with a couple of mates in the back streets of Newquay.

We got properly heckled by a coach load of old grannies. They wanted it all on show….

simondbarnes

I’m no prude

It appears that you are

scaled
    Free Member

Blimey, I didn’t realise how blatantly inconsiderate I was

drlex
    Free Member

We got properly heckled by a coach load of old grannies. They wanted it all on show….

“…one had a stroke; the others couldn’t reach.”

(C) Bob Monkhouse.

psling
    Free Member

I’ll strip off to get changed in a carpark but admit I try to be discreet about it. It’s not like you’re parading around naked for more than a moment.
    Or, are you…
    the problem starts when you get one foot into your keks then snag the second foot in the material, fall over onto your back stark naked with a pair of pants hanging off one foot. Now, that is being discreet…

tinybits
    Free Member

I regularly do it changing for an after work ride. Also ompletely normal in sailing and surfing circles.
    Simply don’t see an issue with it. There’s nothing impressive to see but if someone wants to have an ogle the fair enough.

martinhutch

tinybits – Member
    I regularly do it changing for an after work ride. Also ompletely normal in sailing and surfing circles.
    Simply don’t see an issue with it. There’s nothing impressive to see but if someone wants to have an ogle the fair enough.

It’s alright for you, what about someone with bigger bits though?

giantalkali
    Free Member

Somebody cold and wet got changed nearby and you got flustered?

leftyboy
    Free Member

Done this for many years but try to be discrete, use a towel and have everything ready. I usually try and position myself beside the car/van so as to mask the view. As an ex kayaker I can confirm stripping after being in the water in winter tends to involve less discretion!

If there’s lots of people/kids about I’d probably try and do it behind the car door.

jimdubleyou

I’ve got one of these to spare the blushes of prudes in the car park

https://www.thebooicorestore.com/

Junkyard
    Free Member

No, just really rude and entitled. There’s a place for nudity and in a car park in front of a cafe isn’t it

Mrs Whitehouse is it in the dark and in the privacy of your own bedroom?

Never ceases to maze me how uptight some British folk get just because an actual human being was naked somewhere in their vague vicinity

Like others I try to be discreet when I get changed but really its about getting out of cold wet clothes as fast as possible to get warm and dry

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Runnerist just tend to get on with it after races, but to be fair that’s around other a bunch of runnerists who are expecting it.

I wasn’t expecting it on the beach last week, minding my own business on a Greek deck chair, turn around to be faced by a hairy arse and plumbs as the man next to me changed in to his speedo’s

sirromj

I’ve got one of these to spare the blushes of prudes in the car park
    https://www.thebooicorestore.com/

I imagine Point Break might have been a whole different story if Johnny Utah had turned up in one of them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Are you talking bollocks?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

really its about getting out of cold wet clothes as fast as possible to get warm and dry

To me it’s about having a bit of consideration for the people around me. If someone’s in a cafe/car park they’ve a reasonable expectation of not having to see strangers sans pants.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oddly, I have no issue with nudity in an outdoors context – love skinny dipping in rivers and lakes, washing under waterfalls etc – but really wish blokes wouldn’t swing their dicks in my face in changing rooms. Too much, far too much..

alpin
    Free Member

My son was pissing himself

How old is he? I’d be more concerned about this than someone getting changed?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Too much, far too much..

Jealous muchly?

alpin
    Free Member

Some people need to get over themselves….

If he was standing there with his tackle pointing skyward then you might have cause for concern. A flaccid penis is nothing to be upset about.

Maybe I should use this opportunity to apologise to everyone that saw the GF and I showering at the back of our van in the Betws y Coed car park a few months back. In our defence the van has German plates. 😉

gordimhor

this maybe changing, it’ll take time so a bit of discretion

When I was a kid in the 70s swimming pools etc had communal changing rooms for each sex. Now there are cubicles for each person. Perhaps things are changing but we are becoming more prudish about public nudity.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Balls Out!!!’ is closed to new replies.