Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone use a Fitbit One…or similar?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…and are they any good? Have some Amazon vouchers doing nothing, and figured it might be worth a punt for some stats based fun times.

Interesting to see how the sleep analysis works, as well.

Amazon Product Link

maccruiskeen

You do realise you have to shove it up your arse don’t you.

The silent alarm is a real eye opener.

Jamie
    Free Member

Could be worse…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I will follow you all day and sit by your bedside at night and record everything.

I will do it for free.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

My wife and I got Zips at the weekend. Already doing uneccessary tasks to beat each other with more steps. Surprising how easy it is to a) do very little and b)get lots of steps.

Jamie
    Free Member

I will follow you all day and sit by your bedside at night and record everything.

If that includes frequency of sleep based boners, then you’re on.

footflaps

Really? F*** I swallowed mine.

maccruiskeen

Really? F*** I swallowed mine.

Lets hope for your sake it wasn’t one that had been returned.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If that includes frequency of sleep based boners, then you’re on.

I was planning on only recording the very strangest ones. 🙂

footflaps

It’s OK, eventually it will work it’s way down and become a suppository, so it will work out in the end….

Jamie
    Free Member

I was planning on only recording the very strangest ones.

They almost all exclusively fall under the strange boner banner…

so it will work out in the end….

FTFY.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I bought one of those Nike Fitness bands you put on your wrist.
    Apparently I’m a lot more active than I imagined.

footflaps

Apparently I’m a lot more active than I imagined.

Put it on the ‘other’ wrist and compare results.

Jamie
    Free Member

Put it on the ‘other’ wrist and compare results.

Ian is ambidextrous, so would be just as active, but on the other hand it would feel like some else was being more active.

footflaps

Ian is ambidextrous, so would be just as active, but on the other hand it would feel like some else was being more active.

I meant his ‘third’ wrist…

IanMunro
    Free Member

It sort of works, but I’ve had to wax my left hand to make it look a bit more ladylike.

footflaps

Hairy palms are never a turn on. The OH makes me shave mine before I’m allowed in the house.

dannybgoode

Love my – my Amazon review follows:

I admit – I am a) overweight and b) a gadget fan so the Fitbit One seemed like an ideal little toy.

Does it live up to my expectations? In a word yes.

People have said why do I need a gadget to get me to exercise more. Well, I don’t necessarily but it is quite difficult when tied to a desk to know exactly how inactive or not I have been. With the One I know how idle I have been and it gives me the incentive to get out and at least walk round the block.

I have set my daily step target to 10000 and I don’t like to miss out. So, its 9.40pm and I need another 1200 steps to get to 10000 – out I go. Would I do this with the One – ‘fraid not.

The data provided on the online dashboard is very good. Calories in v calories out, number of steps, number of floors climbed etc and really there is no need for me to upgrade to the premium version.

Then there’s the fact that it hooks in to myfitnesspal.com (MFP from now on). I use MFP to track my food and Fitbit to track my activity and the two talk to each other very well. So, if I’ve had an active day Fitbit credits my MFP account with bonus calories to keep on my daily target. This is as much use to make sure I don’t under eat as to over eat.

Others have reported it counting steps when driving etc. This has never happened to me. I wear it on my right trouser pocket so perhaps pressing the accelerator doesn’t have the same effect as the clutch.

As for the sleep function. For me this seems to be pretty accurate. I have a 10 month old baby and I can certainly see on the graph when he was awake or not and I try and take a note of the time if I wake for some other reason and again it see,s capture the times pretty well.

All in all a great little device that motivates me at least to be that bit more active.

Cheers

Danny B

seb
    Free Member

Hi,
    I have been using the Fitbit Flex for 6 weeks.
    I love it.
    The app is maybe too simple but it works.
    I also use runkeeper to keep a log of my walks and the synchronise.
    I love the sleep function.
    I synchronise the Fitbit Flex to my iPhone and it works really well.
    If you do not have an iPhone, it comes with a Bluetooth USB dongle.
    For Android, the list of compatible phones is very limited.

maccruiskeen

Does it log line breaks? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

If you do not have an iPhone, it comes with a Bluetooth USB dongle.

I was a bit bummed to read it only syncs via BT with the 4S and newer.

Cheers,

Disgruntled iPhone 4 owner.

peterfile
    Free Member

wtf?

Is this a device which tells you how much you move?

Surely looking in the mirror is just as effective and much cheaper?

Just read the sleep part of the description, Sleep Cycle for iphone is great wee sleep app which does everything that device does and wakes you up gently based on movement, and it’s 69p.

Jamie
    Free Member

wtf?

I’m not sure how to answer that.

Surely looking in the mirror is just as effective and much cheaper?

Sleep Cycle for iphone is great wee sleep app which does everything that device does and wakes you up gently based on movement, and it’s 69p.

Will check it out. Cheers.

Edit: This one?

peterfile
    Free Member

Will check it out. Cheers.

Edit: This one?

That’s the one. Jumped up in price a wee bit, but it is pretty effective.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, are people still liking their Fitbits? Worth it for a predominantly desk based office worker?

ourmaninthenorth

So, are people still liking their Fitbits? Worth it for a predominantly desk based office worker?

I’ve got a free one as part of a mini-project Mrs North is taking part in at work*. It tells me that I’m tired all the time because I rarely get more than 6 hours sleep a night. It tells me I hardly move around at all, being a drive-to-work-desk-jockey. How accurate it is, I don’t know, but it does give me a good idea that moving around more would be a sensible move. Cue New Year lunchtime walks around the industrial estate….

*they’re among other things obesity scientists, so decided to eat their own dog food (so to speak).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Fitbit One…or similar?’ is closed to new replies.