Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Another film PSA: Pan's Labyrinth
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tomorrow, 23:20 Film4

Cracking film

Junkyard
    Free Member

tis indeed a cracking film

allthepies
    Free Member

And another.

FILM: Collateral
    On: more4 (14)
    Date: Friday 6th May 2011 (starting in 7 minutes)
    Time: 21:00 to 23:20 (2 hours and 20 minutes long)

Jamie Foxx plays Max, a cab driver in Los Angeles working nights who’s offered $600 by Vincent (Tom Cruise), who’s just arrived in the city, has a few errands to run and will then be leaving. Vincent asks Max to park in an alleyway by an apartment block while he goes inside. When the dead body hits Max’s cab, he realises what Vincent’s errands are – he’s a contract killer in town to make five hits and Max is trapped as his driver. But as the body count rises, the authorities begin to take notice.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 2004, 15, 4 Star)

Director: Michael Mann
    Starring: Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx, Jada Pinkett Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Peter Berg, Bruce McGill

Yes, it’s Tom Cruise but it’s a great film IMO.

Or…. at the same time.

FILM: Predator
    On: Film4 (15)
    Date: Friday 6th May 2011 (starting in 5 minutes)
    Time: 21:00 to 23:10 (2 hours and 10 minutes long)

John McTiernan’s cult sci-fi actioner stars Arnold Schwarzennegger as Major Dutch Schaefer, leader of an elite commando unit sent into the jungles of South America to rescue government officials who have been kidnapped by terrorists. But as the group make their way into the jungle they realise they have been misled on the mission as they discover the mutilated bodies of the terrorists. When they endeavour to return home, somebody, or something, pursues them. As his group starts being wiped out one by one, Dutch realises he is up against a warrior not of this world – one not only equipped with superior weapons and strength, but also invisibility. In the end, the battle comes down to mano a mano as the two face off, as the invisible Predator finally reveals his true self.
    (Editor’s Choice, Widescreen, Subtitles, 1987, 18, 4 Star)

Director: John McTiernan
    Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Elpidia Carrillo, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura, Sonny Landham

travellingman
    Free Member

In a world of mediocrity,this stands head and shoulders above the rest…

CountZero

In a world of mediocrity,this stands head and shoulders above the rest…

What does?

jimmy

FILM: Predator
    On: Film4 (15)
    Date: Friday 6th May 2011 (starting in 5 minutes)
    Time: 21:00 to 23:10 (2 hours and 10 minutes long)

STop the forum.

travellingman
    Free Member

Er, Pan’s Labyrinth maybe?

bassspine
    Free Member

yep, predator is more mediocre than most films.

Pan’s Labyrinth OTOH is brilliant.

allthepies
    Free Member

jimmy – that’s what I’m watching 🙂

CountZero

Travellingman, as your post followed the one about Collateral and Predator it wasn’t at all clear what you were referring to, hence my query.
    And Pan’s Labyrinth is anything but mediocre, it was one of the most unsettling and disturbing films I’ve seen in forty-odd years of watching movies. If you want mediocre then pick any of several dozen so-called ‘comedy’ movies churned out over the last few years. Arthur, for example. A truly unspeakable pile of steaming excrement.

rOcKeTdOg

that scene with the wine bottle and the peasant still disturbs me when i think about it

Lifer
    Free Member

So unexpected

shindiggy
    Free Member

My Favourite film to date

Cougar

Not seen PL yet, really should though.

Collateral I thought was somewhere between mediocre and alright.

oldgit
    Free Member

Pans Labyrinth is indeed superb. Surprised you’ve not seen it yet Cougar as it is shown a heck of a lot.

Don’t ask me why, but I’m very drawn toward Spanish cinema.

Kuco

Jamie ‘mumbles’ Foxx. It had been better if old bignose had killed them in the end.

fisha
    Free Member

I liked pans labyrinth , got it on blu ray to watch it, the bottle scene is a bit gruesome

Cougar

Ah, now you come to mention it, the BD is on my LoveFilm list I think.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Another film PSA: Pan's Labyrinth’ is closed to new replies.