Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Altitude 10 or Orange Crush
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

I'm getting a HT around springtime with £1k or so to spend. I've narrowed it down to the Altitude10 or the Crush (choice is limited by our bike to work scheme).

I've spoken to someone who has ridden both and they say the Genesis is the better bike for the riding I will be doing. I'll be using for going round the 7stanes mostly, will do the CRC 100km @Selkirk on it too.

I'll be able to test the Altitude but would be more tricky to arrange a test ride on the Crush.

Anyone got an informed opinion?! Cheers

ButtonMoon

Crush with a Fox 36 ……….. Magic!!! (IMO) :mrgreen:

catnap
    Free Member

+1 for the crush,love mine:-P

genesis
    Free Member

Crush +1, superb trail bike bit like the original P7.

Bregante

have you had a look at the Marin Rocky Ridge too? V,similar to the Crush (which are ace btw). There's a well specced one in the classifieds here:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-marin-rocky-ridge-full-custom-spec-fox-talasxt-groupsetjoplin-seatpost-1

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

…or a whyte 901 for the same cash? same geometry as crush, slight shorter fork (120mm) but you get a bolt thru.

stiff as **** and rides like a demon. I love mine….

JohnnyPanic

I thought the Crushes were sold out?

mboy
    Free Member

Seeing as everyone else is chiming in for the Crush, I'll add some balance to the mix…

The Altitude is an awesome bike, buy one with confidence… Geometry is all but identical to a Cotic Soul, and they ride very very similar, which considering the Soul's popularity should tell you something!

Don't get me wrong, I think the Orange Crush is a very good bike for the money, I just think the Genesis is a better long term bet. I've got the 853 version myself and I love it. What would I swap it for? An Altitude Ti possibly if I had the cash, but other than that, nothing… You can't underestimate the ride quality of a good steel frame with spot on geometry, it's so much more involving than an ally hardtail frame IMO.

Either will be a great bike, but I'd definitely get the Altitude out of the two…

grantway
    Free Member

Go for the Crush for a couple of quid I think Orange
    should have put a bolt through maxle up front

coatesy
    Free Member

Not quite sold out johnnypanic, we've got all sizes bar 15" at Sunset(Sod's law now states everybody wants a 15").Very nice bike too.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

Altitude is brilliant racey but not scary, Alptitude also good if a bit heavier but still climbs up anything

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Altitude 10 or Orange Crush’ is closed to new replies.