Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Air exclusion zones…
  • MtbCol
    Free Member

…and how do I get one over my house!

This git has spent most of the afternoon flying round and round over my house and the immediate neighbourhood – it’s driven me potty and really made the usually easy task of getting my 1 year old son asleep nigh on impossible.

I’m guessing its police doing a search, but I thought they used less shonky equipment?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Looks like a Robinson R44;

I’m gonna guess they were filming something, as i’m not sure the fuzz use side mounts quite like that?

MtbCol
    Free Member

Hmmm. Nothing of interest to film round here.
    Unless it’s Google doing low level shots for maps.

redthunder
    Free Member

Do you have his number ?

MtbCol
    Free Member

Nope.
    On zooming in there’s too much pixellation on the distance shots to get any info off the airframe.
    (Cheapo camera, none of this DSLR stuff in my house! )

crazy-legs

Probably some local flying school or a local rich boy showing off his new toy to his mates.

MtbCol
    Free Member

I thought that, but it’s the camera pod that has me puzzled.

gwaelod
    Free Member

An aircraft must not fly closer than 500 ft to any person, vessel, vehicle or structure. This provision does not apply to an aircraft taking off or landing, flying low for the purpose of dropping tow ropes, or to gliders that are in ridge soaring

MtbCol
    Free Member

They obviously haven’t heard of that ruling round here 😆

In the last couple of weeks I’ve had 2 variants of Seaking, numerous low level window shaking flyovers from F-15s, Typhoons, Tornados and Tucanos.
    We’ve also had a lot of high level transits from C-17s and AWACS to name a few. Plenty of civilian airliners too.

This Seaking was interesting, totally different from Big Bird we’re used to seeing.

Seaking out of Leconfield…

I guess I’ll have to get an aircraft sounds CD and play it to my nipper while he’s sleeping 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Air exclusion zones…’ is closed to new replies.