• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

England are not going to bomb out Lancaster is a good coach and home adv a very good pack and some decent backs. Quit worrying.

Are you Max Boyce?

wrecker
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, at least 12trees has gone home.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, at least 12trees has gone home.

Yeah but he’ll be the first one called up if any of the backs get injured……

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone else think home advantage will go against england, weight of expectation, media frenzy, someone will have to misbehave and get plastered on the front of the Sun.

wrecker
    Free Member

someone will have to misbehave and get plastered on the front of the Sun.

I dunno, I think a lot of playing up is down to “tour” mentality which is inbuilt into rugby players. Being at home with their Gfs, wives etc not too far away will hopefully reign them in. Plus, there aren’t any real mentalists in the squad.

DanW
    Free Member

I don’t think you have to worry about a “media frenzy”. The general public don’t even know there is a WC coming and the publicity for it has been pretty low so far.

IdleJon

DanW – Member
    I don’t think you have to worry about a “media frenzy”. The general public don’t even know there is a WC coming and the publicity for it has been pretty low so far

Yeah, bit weird isn’t it?

It starts 3 weeks today and I’ve seen no advertising at all. I don’t even know which channel(s) is showing it.

However I do know that the new season of Dr Who starts at about the same time. I don’t watch Dr Who. 😆

dantsw13

I’m guessing that after all the footie transfer window bolleaux dies down, the press might start to wind it up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member
    I’m guessing that after all the footie transfer window bolleaux dies down, the press might start to wind it up.

No chance.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2015-picking-sam-burgess-in-englands-31man-squad-left-stuart-lancaster-in-tears-20150827-gj9m72.html

So Lancaster is a big cry baby and Burgess is faster than all the other centres apart from Joeseph?
    Over what distance? Roberts is pretty fast once he gets going but he doesnt have acceration or explosiveness and what I’ve seen of Burgess suggests he has even less. If he is that fast people should just tell him to run faster, that would help. Burgess v Roberts doesnt worry me. Slade v Roberts would. Whenever Roberts has been undone its been by smaller more agile players and distributors. He manshamed Sonny Bill for 50mins last autumn.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Burgess has no breakaway speed at all – you can tell that watching him in RL.

If he is that fast people should just tell him to run faster, that would help

😆

Who knows what SL was referring to? He mentioned it as another reason to pick Burgess over Burrell. Maybe Andy Farrell was working the stop watches?

Roberts has been undone its been by smaller more agile players and distributors

If only England had a compact, super-agile 12 with amazing feet who was familiar with Ford and Joseph………. 😕

anagallis_arvensis

Indeed, although its using passing and angles usually rather than quick feet. The aussies pull defences all over the place.

wrecker
    Free Member

eastmond now????
    Jeez. Are you a bath fan?
    He isn’t good enough.

anagallis_arvensis

I think Henry Paul and Barriejon Mather should be your centre pairing!!

Kryton57

Cips, obviously.

Well, I’m back in the UK, looking forward to Wales / Ireland later today.

anagallis_arvensis

Cips at 12? Roberts would murder him.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I think Henry Paul and Barriejon Mather should be your centre pairing!!

Or Shontayne Hape and Joel Tomkins. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Burgess will be the new Andy Farrell. As hopeless as Farrell senior was on the field he must have brought something to the side/squad and he’s held down his coaching spot so fair play to him.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I reckon Burgess will do well. Of course if England do not win the WC and Lancaster’s plans do go down the toilet then Burgess be the reason in many peoples eyes!

The players Lancaster has NOT picked would make a decent team who would beat most others – sadly including Scotland who are quite frankly well below average.

oh….and Hartley will be back!

anagallis_arvensis

Farrel was a worn out wreck when he switched. Burgess is and will be much better! Hooker is what you should be worrying about.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hooker is what you should be worrying about.

Might not be that bad if Ford carries on missing touch!

juanking

What channel is this on guys? Having trouble finding it from the US. Ta.

DanW
    Free Member

Wales game is Sky Sports 1 and watching happily from the arctic circle on Cricfree 😀

juanking

Cheers Dan, cricfree it is!

Kryton57

England will have watched that with glee.

jambalaya
    Free Member

watching happily from the arctic circle

Nice

DanW
    Free Member

Henderson is on fire so far today!

I would love if Webb could box kick but overall, a pretty decent match.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll take any score now score and the rest of it to be touch-rugby. 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Well good job Wales, I don’t think it means a lot but a win in Dublin is always good

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No major concerns and a nice little reality check so that the upcoming massive underperformance in the RWC isn’t too much of a let down. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Not seen it. How did Francis go?

duckman

Bloody hell, we’re playing rugby!

tallie
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Oh and if turnovers are what makes a proper 7 then Warburton is light years ahead of Tipuric. Tipuric is a very good broken fileld runner and link player but he aint much cop atcthe breakdown against the big boys.

Tips seemed to do ok today?

I don’t necessarily agree that it’s all about the turnover in any case – it’s much more about linking play, keeping the ball alive and being a threat in open play rather than looking for the nearest contact to trundle into.

Only saw the 2nd half but looked a good game for Wales – Tips turnover on the line appeared crucial.

tiggs121
    Free Member

We are Duckman – can we/will we try do this against a better team though?

Hoggy makes a difference.

Kryton57

Good game although I expect Ireland to perform better. Tips has shown a real threat to england re the 7 conversation, its certainly a worry for us.

Ireland at Twickers next week I’d expect Ireland to be turning Burgess all afternoon then nicking the ball out of the ruck, but they were less impressive than they should have been today. Makes for interesting anticipation.

anagallis_arvensis

. Tipuric is a very good broken fileld runner and link player but he aint much cop atcthe breakdown against the big boys

Big boys not some second string irish.

tallie
    Free Member

If by big boys you mean the Southern Hemisphere it would appear that no one in Wales is much cop against the big boys…

Unless they’re in a Lions shirt of course.

DanW
    Free Member

Well good job Wales, I don’t think it means a lot but a win in Dublin is always good

On the one hand it was encouraging to see the (pretty much) first team play pretty well and look pretty solid but on the other hand they could have lost in the final seconds despite being on top for the majority of the game.

A lot of the players who have has a long rest or little game time came in and played well I thought. Owens was great, especially in the first half Williams worked hard, AWJ was pretty immense as ever and the front row had the Irish going back more often than not. Ireland exposed Cuthburt well and fortunately North played a game without receiving a knock. 1/2p kicked all his points so can’t complain there. Webb was pretty good too so long as he didn’t try and box kick and Tipper-rich (it annoys the pedant in me to hear the name pronounced Tipper-rick :D) was causing Ireland no end of trouble. Not bad overall.

I hope AWJ is ok after the little scare and Keet is alright. Did anyone see what happened there as I completely missed it?

From an Irish perspective I don’t think there is anything to worry about besides all the injuries! The backs are coming together nicely and the pack is always strong. I think you miss someone like Henry (how is his recovery going?) or an in form SOB type player and Sexton is looking a bit Farrel-esque running out of ideas quickly and kicking in quite a predictable way. I used to think Earls was pretty sh1t but he is (was) looking in great form along with the Kearneys whose form also came as bit of a surprise. Henderson had a world class game and seems to just get better and better but the starting front row seemed to have 1 brain cell between them at times making silly errors.

Enjoyed it! I though even the officials had a good game and didn’t interfere too much which helped keep the pace of the game high

anagallis_arvensis

SOB is a big boy for example. Tips is a good player but Warburton is better especially for Gatland Ball.

DanW
    Free Member

Tipperich was immense at the breakdown and more than held his own today. As soon ad SOB came on the first thing Tips did was scoot right past him and make a nice break 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.