Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • robbo1234biking

Well done guys. That course is really hard to stay as a team but worked well

Tour of tewit well next week.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it last night. Nice to see new faces as well. I’m out next week. Work calls…

savoyad

Nice ride. I’ve put two teams in again for next week, 2x Tour of Tewit Well in Harrogate. 7.40pm Thursday like usual.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

Let’s keep trying to entice other Bs and Cs so we can field two teams…

savoyad

Bump.

Barring unspecified drama, we’ve got 2.5 riders so far.

Join them here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’m out now guys. Postponed travel for work until Wednesday morning, so not available Thursday.

robbo1234biking

I cant make this week I am afraid. Day off on Friday and riding in real life means I dont want to kill myself on Thursday evening!

haloric
    Free Member

Also out, my booster set for today (Weds) has been bumped to Thurs, probably wise to sit it out.

savoyad

OK, let’s skip this week.

We only have one rider, and his PC blew up yesterday. (And, to be honest, this is the week to skip)

We’ll try again next week, for two laps of Suki’s Playground.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hello strangers! Assuming there’s room I’d like to join on Thursday if I may please.

I’m very out of practice mind so I’ll doubtless be slow and erm, other stuff, means there’s a good chance I won’t actually finish what I start so very much only put me in a slot that would genuinely be enjoy

retrorick

I’m away this week.
    Should be back next week….

haloric
    Free Member

I think I’m gonna skip this week too.

savoyad

We are on two (@phil56 and @dangeourbrain) plus two maybes (@yanboss and @benman)

Any more takers…?

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

savoyad

Apparently that’s nonsense (thanks @robbo1234biking)

Spreadsheet reset. We’re on just @dangeourbrain for now, which would be quite the welcome back.

Everyone else join the fun here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

Thursday, 7.40, Suki’s Playground. It’s a good course. Get in now before the Christmas novelty route selections kick in.

robbo1234biking

Nice to do something different and it is the Word Bike Relief special as well (last year was on modified Buffalo Bikes I think)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

We’re on just @dangeourbrain for now, which would be quite the welcome back.

Well at least I wouldn’t have to worry about keeping up!

benman
    Free Member

I’m riding in the day tomorrow, so won’t be doing TTT

paino

I’m in, probably.

peaslaker
    Free Member

I’ve signed myself up. I shocked myself by doing an FTP ramp test this morning and I’m at 90% of where I should be. It’s been well over 30 years since I last did a team time trial. Don’t know how that experience will translate to zwift but I’ll give it a crack.

savoyad

6 now. Definitely happening, 2 slots remaining.

Team so far: @paino, @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain, @peaslaker

I’ll post the racepass and start delay later.

@peaslaker
    do you have a WTRL account? Real-life TTT experience makes you hilariously overqualified for this…but have you done the zwift one before? (I’ll post the start weirdness if not).

peaslaker
    Free Member

@savoyad I’ve got a WTRL account now. Just signed up. I understand there’s something about start pens and links but I probably need to know more.

Not done a Zwift TTT before. Learning curve, I’m sure. I’m on STW Discord as well if that’s a thing we use.

robbo1234biking

“Suki’s Playground” Route Details (Makuri Islands)

Here is the course for tomorrow. Nice to race something different!

haloric
    Free Member

I’m in again.

Don’t call it a comeback, I was never gone.

drew

I’m signed up too.

savoyad

That makes 8. Team full for this week.

Details shortly…

paino

Hold that thought….forgot about my work Xmas do tomorrow afternoon. Don’t think I’ll be in any fit state. Sorry. Place up for grabs!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hold that thought….forgot about my work Xmas do tomorrow afternoon

Do you work at downing Street? Seems forgetting about attending Xmas parties is de rigueur there.

paino

Just some cheese and wine. All socially distanced.

savoyad

OK, so it’s @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @dangeourbrain, @peaslaker, @haloric and @drew (but not @paino) so there’s ONE space. Post in the thread to grab it.

Racepass: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=UVJPaHdvSlExSUtFaEkycTRwRVByQT09

All riders click that – it enters you into the event at zwift, via the WTRL site where it attaches you to the team.

Start delay is 9 minutes, so in the pen by 19:41 and off at 19:50

I’m going to bed. I’ll post the practical info tomorrow (course, dress code, bikes, start procedure etc etc).

savoyad

Proper info

– it’s World Bike Relief fundraiser day. This means you’ll be forced onto (souped-up) buffalo bikes. So don’t panic when that happens. You can change the wheels in the pen if you like.
    – dress up as a bumblebee.
    – comms are on STW discord – the voice channel is easy to find.
    – the start is a hack, basically. You must be in the pen for your race start time (19:41 tonight). But when it counts down to zero and says go…DO NOT GO. In fact, stop pedalling to make sure you are on zero power and don’t even creep forward. Sit there, at zero power, do not move, for the team’s start delay. Tonight this is 9 minutes. Then, you can go. It will be timed and counted down over discord. If you need to pedal, you can do this in the pairing screen – NOT the menu screen, you move in the background, the pairing screen. Get back out at zero watts in time to start if you do this.
    – the course is 2x Suki’s Playground. It’s actually really long. Possibly over an hour. There’s a climb. It’s steady. You do it twice each lap – first properly and later to half way up.
    @phil56 will take charge on the road. @peaslaker there’s no expectation first time out. It’s an idiosyncratic event. And just your presence in the group makes a difference. So it’s OK to just sit in to start with, maybe all evening, and see how it works.
    – I’ll nag later if anyone isn’t signed up correctly. It’s looking OK though.

If I’ve missed anything, can someone add it? Any questions, just ask…

Paul-S
    Free Member

Good luck tonight.

Covid Booster yesterday = Out with the fairies today.

Suprised as the initial vaccines didn’t knock me for 6.

P.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Will I be able to watch this on Zwift? I doubt I’m near the level required to join in for a while but it would be interesting to see what it’s like?

savoyad

@eckinspain you can fan view any of the team from within Makuri (which I don’t think is on rotation today, so that requires the world hack).

Or the platinum league time zone is live on youtube at 6.10pm https://youtu.be/igVZMGNmmK4

Also, it’s mixed ability so don’t rule yourself out too quickly (and certainly not based on watching the PL stream).

nixie

Will I be able to watch this on Zwift?

I will probably be streaming it as long as the setup plays properly. My squad off at the same time in the same event as the STW team though different pen.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’ve created a meetup with my wife so I should be able to watch and shower you with Ride Ons.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’ve created a meetup with my wife so I should be able to watch and shower you with Ride Ons

or not if I think you aren’t putting in the effort

savoyad

Click the link @dangeourbrain https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=UVJPaHdvSlExSUtFaEkycTRwRVByQT09

(Everyone else is sorted.)

Still one spot available if anyone has a late change of mind…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@savoyad I think that’s done – it’s changed since I were a lad last did this

savoyad

All sorted. Have a good ride.

yanboss

I’m in for a full 8 then

savoyad

Perfect @yanboss!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.