Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • savoyad

5 riders so far, so we’re on. Any more takers? Cooperating on the flats will be a nice contrast to beating each other up in the hills yesterday.

All welcome – sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

3x Watopia Flat, 7.40pm, Thursday.

paino

Flat you say? In.

@Savoyad
    …remind me, do you post a link to WTRL later? In other words, do nothing till you say so?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Nice one @paino. I saw you struggling up those hills last night;)

scaredypants

Christ, that’s looking like a powerful group for me and my questionable connection to hold on to 🤢

savoyad

Exactly, @paino, just do nothing (except pretend you don’t do hills) until I post the link.

paino

I just don’t do hills when trying to follow you up them!

savoyad

OK we’re all set. The team is @paino, @yanboss, @scaredypants, @slowpuncheur, @robbo1234biking, @kirky72 and maybe @haloric.
    (that leaves one place, maybe two. but post in here before grabbing it so we don’t overshoot..)

Enter pen A here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=L1FCT1IwTFQ1RDVXaHc0Z1pTQjl6QT09

Start delay is +9 minutes, so in the pen by 19:40 and off at 19:49:00

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in, I’ll try and gold a wheel for 3 laps 🙂

P

haloric
    Free Member

I am out, too many balls in the air.

Also, that load out looks like a fast train to wide eyed despair land.

Enjoy.

djflexure

Was hoping to hop on but looks like work has other ideas
    I’ll join if the team is still short, if I get home in time.

savoyad

There’s a space if you want it @djflexure.
    If you sign up (pen A, link above) it doesn’t matter if you end up not riding.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Discord is playing up. Is there a link, I’ve lost the channel

P

robbo1234biking
    robbo1234biking

That was a good one tonight. Cheers all – enjoyed it. Lots of overtakes and stayed together well.

scaredypants

FFS! SORRY yet again everyone

This week managed to get dropped even before we left the pen (had to pick up my wife, ran late and got onto teh bike (already in the pen as I’d logged in before I left) as the team was counting down from 10 seconds).

pedalled gently to move up the pen … nothing

pedalled harder … nothing – trainer had turned itself off !

swithed off & back on and “sprinted” (those who’ve raced me will know 🙄 ) with my shoes still undone to catch them as they very kindly dawdled for me. Got on but wasn’t to be as my legs were knackered and I had to keep pausing to diall up my shoes. Died towards the end of 1st lap

I think I’m going to quit this; it’s shite letting a team down every week

paino

That was good, great team effort. Don’t worry Scaredy, shit happens, much better to keep everyone together as much as we can. Didn’t let the team down at all. While there’s no hills I really hate that last climb & rollers before the finish…it’s so easy to lose a wheel. Cheers Robbo for the ds role. Some great passes, particularly on that last lap!

kirky72
    Free Member

Last minute for me as well. no warm up, late into the pen. couldnt get the laptop casting to the Tv, so could barely see the laptop on the far side of the room. Just after the start the laptop started to run an update and zwift was minimised to the toolbar. called my daughter in to sort the IT and had no further issues.

Left me pretty much on the brink, thinkn I averaged 295ish which is the highest for 40+min ride. i tried to hit the front on each climb to do my bit.

unfortunately im on lates all of next week so no last race or TTT for me. will try to catch the next one.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Good Ride tonight, thanks for towing me around, everytime I thought I would drop, the pace eased just enough for me to get my breath back.

Don’t worry @scaredypants it happens to us all at times, nobody is holding it against you

Cheers All

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I enjoyed that. We held it together really well and looked considerably better organised than the rabble we passed on occasions. Just shows how much additional speed you get in a tight bunch. Kudos for @Paul-S for clinging on and thanks to @scaredypants for making a hell of an effort to get on the start line. You never let any of us down – quite the opposite.

savoyad

don’t sweat it @scaredypants it’s part of the game that there’s always someone in that position. evening sports at home is complicated. the rest of us get it (and soon it’ll be you looking out for whoever gets in that rut next). stay with us!

nice one everyone, sounds like a great team effort. the entry is in for next week: 2x richmond UCI makes 32 lumpy km.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome (just add your name if you aren’t already on the sheet)

Paul-S
    Free Member

My personal problem is managing to eat and digest in enough time so not be ill, the number of races I’ve dropped out from 🙁

P.

yanboss

Sorry I didn’t make it to the start line

savoyad

Bump!
    Just Rob and Phil so far. Sign up here to join them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

2x Richmond UCI, Thursday, 7.40pm, all welcome…

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m a maybe. Sore throat, snot and a poorly son suggest something is brewing. Will make the call Thursday lunchtime.

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in, if you don’t mind pulling me around for about, hmm let say 45 mins 🙂

P.

djflexure

signed up 🙂

savoyad

We’re on 4 maybe 5. I was pessimistic, but it’s getting better. More people would be better.
    Anyway Team for now is @phil56, @robbo1234biking, @paul-s, @djflexure and maybe @slowpuncheur

Enter pen D here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=cTNZcnMrWDhaZE5tdlNvSWZaYitIUT09

Just enter if you want to join in, but post in here to keep numbers straight.

Start delay will be released later…

paino

I’m a 60/40 on for tomorrow…will know in the a.m. cheers.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry chaps. It ain’t happening for me tonight. Totally washed out with this cold. Go well.

paino

I’m in btw

savoyad

Delay is 8.5 minutes.

In the pen by 19:43 off at 19:51:30

There are 5 confirmed. To join them click link above.

djflexure

I forgot its my wedding anniversary today – good news is that she’s really understanding, Champagne is on ice for when we finish TTT.

savoyad

HI all – entry is in for next week. 2 laps of the flatland loop in makuri. 27km. not totally flat. no significant climbs either.

Spreadsheet is clear. It’s here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

Also I won’t be around much this week. So, earlier than usual (but use the spreadsheet and the thread so everyone knows who is involved etc):

Racepass: Pen B, yes pen B here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=cUs0bWlSZDc0bEw5TTZQdlFGaVA5dz09

Start delay will be published Weds evening. It will be posted here: https://www.wtrl.racing/ttt/TTT-Event/

djflexure

Thanks – signed up (see Phil is in early too)

djflexure

Its looking thin on the ground to this point. My cycling club are putting a couple of teams out this week. If it looks like we dont have an STW team tonight I’m going to swap over to ensure I get a ride.

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’ve signed up to boost the numbers. This time I’ll not do a ride on Wednesday so hopefully won’t be dropped.

P.

scaredypants

looks like only me & phil on the app – unless others aren’t using “stw” names and/or I’m not following them

Jeez – what if it is just me & phil ? 😮

robbo1234biking

Currently two yes and two maybes…

If you guys decide to ride (I can’t make this week) the start delay is +12 mins so in the pen for 19:41 and on the road at 19:53. Good luck!

Paul-S
    Free Member

Any updates on the 2 maybes?

P.

paino

Sorry, can’t play out later. Have fun!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.