Home Forums Bike Forum Zwift Racing League or Similar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Zwift Racing League or Similar
  • joedilla

Hey everyone,

I am trying to put my winter plan together and thought that joining the ZRL might be a good idea to keep some intensity up. I am sure Singletrack had a team at one time or another? If that is the case, give me a shout…

Cheers

Joe

mrhoppy

What category are you @joedilla? I’m riding with Evolve and they’re still looking for riders, drop me a shout and I can send you details. Current ZRL season is midway through but there is the next season following fairly shortly after.

STW used to do Thursday TTT and the STW league, don’t think they ever got into ZRL.

zilog6128

we started doing Team Time Trials during one of the lockdowns – I think a lot of the people doing that ended up joining other (non-STW) ZRL teams after that came along. Pretty sure there was never an “official” STW ZRL team. However, I’d also be interested!! Or in resurrecting  the TTT (which were great fun & a really good workout).

STW league

this was really good fun as well. Excellently organised by @robbo1234biking if I recall! Maybe if we all bother him enough he’ll do it again  lol :)

mrhoppy

Difficulty with ZRL is that there are minimum numbers required and maximum numbers allowed on a team and individual races which means you don’t always get a ride and leagues are category specific (and competitive) so if you’re not in that cat you will get spat out hard on the individual events. Makes it hard for a “sociable” team like STW had, Thursday TTT was often made up from a range of different categories, that is easier to manage.

DrP

Yeah – i loved the STW races!

We should petition that Robbo bring them back!

DrP

mrhoppy

If anyone wants to race ZRL or TTTs (before STW restarts anything) then here’s a link to the Evolve discord channel. All welcome but Cat Ds are like gold dust at the moment.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I hope we can restart something this winter.

Unfortunately I have some much else on these days (Dad taxi!) that my attendance is bound to be too random to sign up for ZRL.

It would be good to do some semi-social races and TTTs though

hockropper

Drafting Dinos Racing Team are always looking for riders

zilog6128

I’ve not done it yet but The Herd operate a large number of ZRL teams of all different levels on an ad-hoc basis every week so you can dip in and out as required.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.