• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,801 through 10,840 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • BadlyWiredDog

I not really see the appeal of the Tron bike; because if your really that bothered by getting an advantage then it’s easier to just drop 5kg off your entered weight.

It has cool glowing wheels which can be changed in colour to match your eyes. What more justification do you need?

mooman
    Free Member

To match my eyes?

That’s different then👌

mooman
    Free Member

Wet out today so gave the Kiss 100 Choice Race – Americas (A) a go. 90k Race … so about 60k longer than I usually do.

Quite surprised that it flew by; certainly didn’t feel like I’d been sat on turbo for 2hrs.

mtbtom
    Free Member

Ah, my Cycleops Magnus has broken just as the weather has gone back to ‘normal’ for this time of year. Is doing a great job of keeping me fit and balancing family time as a new parent.

Debating ordering the Kickr Core as an upgrade and selling the Magnus once it’s back from repair… I’ll see what the prognosis is on Monday when the shop call me.

weeksy

242w over that time period is impressive mooman!

Flaperon

Tour of Fire and Ice tonight at 7pm. Third ride in three days, will be a leisurely trip.

Do you guys race with trainer difficulty at 100%, or 0, or in between?

weeksy

50% give or take for me

dirtyrider
    Free Member

100%

mooman
    Free Member

Thanks – but it not that impressive to be honest; I was 2nd slowest in my category!
    I really dont belong with the A cats … I can usually hold my own with the B cats, but the A riders are just too strong/fast for me.

I have never done anything over 30-40k on the turbo before. So kept the front of the race in sight, and purposefully looked to stay with a biggish 2nd group when I could see it splitting after about 10k.
    Finally stayed in a good group of about 15 until three quarters way up the last climb – and just lost them – no way could I get back on as they descended.
    Very surprised how fast that 90k went; I thought I would get bored after 40-50k and get off.

Flaperon

5th overall.

*tiny dance of happiness*

bigyim
    Free Member

Great result flaperon!
    I entered cat c flat race 3r park perimeter loop 29km. Blasted off with the front pack and tried to hold on but slowly slid back through the packs and ended up 14th in my cat. 3.16w/kg and popped up with an FTP increase which was surprising after about 2 weeks off cause I stupidly got my knee tattooed. Never. Ever. Get your knees tattooed!

Kryton57

Very surprised how fast that 90k went; I thought I would get bored after 40-50k and get off.

I don’t really race but have done a few group rides.  Today I had a 230w 2hr solo interval in Erg mode and nearly died of boredom. Having a race / others to distract you really helps.

lyrikal
    Free Member

I’ve been staying away from the races to follow the build me up training program over the last month, that and taking advantage of the unseasonably good weather.

Today I had the first chance to test if my winter zwift training had paid off. I raced my first ever A4 open race, there was a field of 50ish riders on a fairly flat course, 4 laps just over 35 miles total. It was a windy one and a block head wind up the only climb on the course, I was surprised at the speed of the bunch actually and the first lap me in difficulty for a bit until I settled into it. 24mph average and I stayed near the front most of the day to give myself a bit of fall back room. Thankfully I held the bunch to the line. Went on the wheel of one of my team mates for the sprint which was just a bit too long for me. I ended up seventh despite sitting second wheel when the sprint really opened. Had it been 100m less I would have had a podium. I can’t decide whether to be pleased or disappointed!

So zwift training does pay off. K keep at it!

TiRed

Been off the bike for two weeks with colds, but I have redesigned the garage and cleared out, decluttered, added flooring and new shelving lighting and a TV. So now have permanent Zwift with the Wahoo and can swap to rollers quickly. First ride back this week. Might need a fan now I’ve blocked off the gale under the garage door!

lyrikal
    Free Member

TiRed I’ll be your fan. I won’t compare to Gale though, she was something special!!

nixie

Nice work @Flaperon. Tried to join that event but didn’t have enough time to get water, get changes, marshal a young child upstairs and then get the zwift update.

@mooman
    , 90k is still 90k so impressive especialy if you’ve not been that far before. Stick with it and I’d bet you move toward the A midfield rapidly. There does seem to me to be some adaptations you need to make to stay with the A bulk (vs B pack), especially around when to bury yourself to stay in touch and when to hide.

I was in the same 3r park perimeter loop race as @”Big Yim”. Despite all the chat in the pen about going off easy it was the same old hard push. The 2 large and 2 smaller ramps did most of the stringing out and breaking up as you’d expect. On the second bigger ramp of lap one I was struggling. Had to go really hard to stay attached, at this point was hoping to stay in touch till that point on lap two but not really expecting too. Being DD there were no serious attacks off the front though the pack pace stayed up. Against my expectations I stay there right until the end. Collected a few useful feathers to help on the worst ramp of laps two and three. The sprint didn’t hit huge heights but did wind up from about 1km. I initial dropped back a bit but managed to claw back a few paces before the line. 7th overall but most satisfying for me was staying in the running. I stupidly had a blast at the spring in both directions afterwards. Big mistake which resulting in be revisiting my Pizza overload form lunch time (2.5 pizzas and zwift do not mix)!

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=160730

weeksy

Hmmm interesting on the Park Perimeter layout, that’s the layout i was debating this afternoon in the 5:10pm race… reverse layout if that makes a difference. But don’t want to give myself an instant disadvantage.

There’s an 8pm KISS race @ 3 laps watopia flat…. but 8pm is a bit later.

njee20
    Free Member

Did a group ride this morning, wasn’t bad, not done one before I don’t think. A lot of time saying “slow down at the front”, but more interesting than just bimbling around, as I’d rolled out of bed 10 minutes before it started it was far easier than a race! Actually quite enjoyed Richmond too, did almost a lap of the UCI course afterward, I’d forgotten how tough those three little climbs are, been years since I rode them!

tomlevell

Richmond hilly short is a good course (and for racing) missing out the really dull flat bit that Weeksy loves ;0)

njee20
    Free Member

I quite enjoy racing on the flat course actually, makes for close racing and high speeds!

Not a race, but just looking at ZP, the guy who came 4th is 46kg. Chinny reckon… 🙄

On closer look he’s also got 21cm shorter, presumably shares an account with his partner and hasn’t changed the settings back.

mooman
    Free Member

Well done @nixie; top 10 in A cat is good.

I giving the 17.40 Team Italy Gladiators Race a go. Its the horrible Richmond UCI route … but I have not found any course, hilly or flat, that particularly suits me … just gonna hurt and hope my legs can hold out.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=161187

Legs tired so went for a short one. I’m hoping a few get DQ, for HR monitor and also being B riders racing in C.

I’m not sure how you report it, plus a don’t have a Facebook account lol

Good battle though, twice recently Fandango has beaten me!

eskay

Did my second race Friday night and tried to race more sensibly than last time. Got into a good group and was tough but manageable until someone put in a monster attack about 3/4 way into the race. I managed to chase back on eventually and was comfortable again until one of those small rises from the underground and they just rode away from me and could not get back on. Finished towards the bottom of the B’s (last on zwift power!).

Then did a group ride Sunday that was meant to be z2 and seemed to almost turn into a race!

mooman
    Free Member

Went as expected. The first rise split the group, and then a case of putting the effort in to bridge across to the couple of riders in front; in the hope there are a few others behind thinking the same.
    From start of 2nd lap till almost the end it was just me and two others in no mans land of off the back of the A riders – and in front of most of the B riders.

Finished as 3rd slowest A rider .. I guess its a slight improvement.

Linky to results

eskay

I may have ago at the race tomorrow afternoon at 5.10pm depending on how works goes etc

weeksy

I could be persuaded Eskay

weeksy

Slightly and maybe ridiculously so, irritated that the guys in my race were removed, giving me 2nd place but then restored back in, especially the guy without any HR data

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=161187

When the rules specificially say no HR data, no podium and 2 weeks ago i was kicked out of 2nd place because i wasn’t wearing a HR monitor…

I know it doesn’t matter… but these trophies are in short supply now 🙂

nixie

I’ve also seen riders being left in with no HR data in 3R Races. Going to ask as they did used to remove them.

eskay

i may see you on there later then weeksy. My intention is to ride but it depends on getting off of work on time and not getting drowned cycling home!!

weeksy

http://3r.team/rules.html

Category A and B: All riders must wear heart rate monitors, and use non-zpower sources of power data.
    Category C: Podium finishers (places 1 through 3) must wear heart rate monitors, and use non-zpower sources of power data.
    A rider may become a podium finisher through other riders being upgraded or disqualified.

tomlevell

2nd and 3rd are Bs anyway!
    1st is height doping.

Ask on the ZP forum and it’ll probably get sorted.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=164529

Womens pro/super league race tonight. Usually on Youtube etc…

First one in the series was a cracking watch…

weeksy

Ask on the ZP forum

ZP forum ?

found it 🙂 added one.

tomlevell

I see you have arrived on the forum. More posts than you’ve made here today ;0)

tomlevell

Oh and you’ve put the wrong link in for the race results.
    I’d mention the winner has changed height regularly. He’s gone from 178cm to 122cm then settled on 150cm as he was pinged for being too short. 150cm is 4 foot 11 inches which is tiny!

weeksy

Indeed… found it… Some interesting things on there.

Apparently i can’t race every day… Someone should tell that to Blader too 🙂

weeksy

Oh and you’ve put the wrong link in for the race results.

Good spot…

I don’t mind the winner… i was chatting to them on Strava yesterday after the race. They got a DQ for weight but i’m guessing/hoping the 150cm is OK…

LOL good point… 4’11 is indeed short

I don’t wanna get people booted for no reason… just want fair racing.

nixie

The winner looks like a clear case of height doping. One of the others is a definite B and has enter loads of B races.

weeksy

The winner looks like a clear case of height doping.

LOL i added Fandango on Strava 178cm is MUCH closer to his height than 150 looking at the photos on profile.

njee20
    Free Member

What’s the advantage of height doping? Are you more aero?

Viewing 40 posts - 10,801 through 10,840 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.