• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 23 posts - 15,361 through 15,383 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • kirky72
    Free Member

Full prl in 5.5 hours and fasted blimey that’s some going. I start to feel somewhat ill after an hour and half fasted.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I think that’s fairly short compared to some of Andy’s IRL rides😮 Still, doing it fasted is something else. Chapeau

weeksy

Back on today. Almost did a race but realized with 20s before the start my HRM wasn’t paired, tried to pair in time but failed. Was only 1 lap of Innsbruck but my boy Figg was racing too so would’ve been cool

Arguably it’s a good thing though as I’m not convinced I should be at flat out effort just yet.

weeksy

https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1915406

Enjoyed this mornings race, a nice win in C. But not ridden that course for AGES and was great to race something different that suits my riding profile. Dictated the pace a few times and tried to split the big group i was in, but they kept coming back. It was interesting though to try and push on up Horseguards hill each time to try and hold/gain position, it’s a layout i’ve often blown races on just on that particular little incline, but yesterday, i was OK, i was right in there. I then came around the roundabout in 3rd place with a Van draft, but even though my 30s power was decent enough i simply don’t have enough of a sprint.

scaredypants

good work weeksy – you’re obviously back fit again

… and still secretly a B 😂✋👊

weeksy

LOL i wish mate… on both sides.. I’m still 10-20w down on my best days, but that’s sometimes skewed by the racing, yesterday i was on power, off power, cruise, then power…. it wasn’t a consistent power effort you get in some races, my HR was lower than usual so clearly that race suited me, i guess it was helped with a few lighter riders in there. I was happy though when i tried to split it up and was able to hold the power for a decent effort.

As for B…. man i wish, i’d love to race consistently in B, but i’m VERY much a 1 trick pony when it comes to racing….

savoyad

nice ride @weeksy, great to see you not just winning but trying to dictate the racing as well.

kirky72
    Free Member

I had an idea of a group cat and mouse race up the Alpe, for some time in the future, which would act as pacing ride for people to achieve their own target times.

So could set of in 3 or 4 bands of times which would result in hopefully the majority of riders to come together at the summit.

Ie 1hr target riders depart at the first meet up time let’s say 9am
    55 min target riders at 9.05
    50mins target riders at 9.10.

Could be split to more time options if there was a larger number of riders but the above could work as 3 meet up rides or just roll out at 5 min intervals with the same steady paced neutralised leadin to the alpe start.

Just an idea for those that might like to improve their Alpe time by way of some added help from riding in a group with a touch of competition.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is there a new Zwift racing thread?

I don’t often scan the Zwift forums, but earlier I saw this thread about testing of a new race auto-categorisation system by organised by WTRL.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/autocategorization-test-events-faq

Don’t know if there are spaces left, but there’s an event tonight at 1930. 3 laps of Watopia Hilly Reverse.

You need to be signed up on Zwiftpower and WTRL, it looks at your recent race data and assigns you to a group.

I’m a very low end ZP catB on a rare good day these days, system put me in cat4 of 6, if I was to enter.

kirky72
    Free Member

Would have taken a look at that other than having beasted myself in one of the crit city races earlier this afternoon and small matter of a football match kicking off shortly.

weeksy

Yeah I saw the test events. Great move IMO.
    I did a bit of climbing today as I’ve got Snowdon coming up so need to do some climbs for a while.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Anyone joining the quadruple header Zwift Insider tiny races that start at 0900?

All done by 1000.

Two custom distance today on Serpentine 8 and London loop, 5.5/6Km respectively.

Another series of four at 1500 this afternoon.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Would have gone with that if it was tomorrow. Might manage the afternoon ones but I’ve packing of a bike to do today

nixie

I’m planning to do the 3pm ones. In B (thanks auto cat).

weeksy

I did the 4 last weekend on 3pm. But this weekend I was busy.

Great races last weekend but I was toast in race 4 I must admit

nixie

I got third in race 2 today but was toast in race 3. Family still away next week so will try again.

B pack speed is s.l.o.w even in these events (not that that helped get good placings).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I barely managed races 2 and 4 at pre-illness recovery pace this morning, thought I was going to do races 1 and 3 in the afternoon, but I went out and did more than the hour I expected.

Hopefully these continue into winter, decent sized fields for what can be good little z5 blasts. Just need my legs to come back over the next couple of weeks or so, or for my CE pen allocation to drop from B, although I don’t think post-illness resets are an option yet.

nixie

They definitely make interval training more fun 🤪.

Found the kiss 100 B a 2:15 if anyone fancies it (hangover put paid to outdoors for me as I didn’t want to drive).

weeksy

17.05 sorry nixie

nixie

It was brutal. I’m now googling ways to stop the rapidly onsetting cramp.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If it helps @nixie I rode to the pub for Sunday lunch and back, no cramp. So I’m going to guess one or all of deep fried cheese, belly pork and lemon tart fended off the cramp, maybe try those?

nixie

🤪 I’d love too. Went for heavily salted chips, recovery drink, oj and a banana. Pub lunch would have been preferred.

Caher

With my Stages SB20 immanent is Zwift still the way to go? As it’s nearly summer it will be a lunchtime pootle until the winter as i’ll spend most of the time outside until winter comes again.

Viewing 23 posts - 15,361 through 15,383 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.