• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,761 through 10,800 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • tomlevell

Does your trainer not read correctly when getting to 450watts plus?
    Or you need to do some V02 max workouts :0)

weeksy

Does your trainer not read correctly when getting to 450watts plus?

Would be nice to have that as an excuse… Trainer all good… in a dedicated ‘sprint’ i can hit 850w… But not mid race and not on hills… I’m not actually sure how ! rarely at the end and certainly not yesterday, i just didn’t have an up out the saddle sprint, but i very very rarely have that. I seem (and have always been) to be a good TTer, good at holding a decent and consistent effort… but when i need up/down/up/down in both power and inclines, i’m distinctly lacking.

LittleNose
    Free Member

After the last 6 months of injuries and an operation I’m finally back on the cycles, but my weight has gone up and fitness off a cliff.
    So I’m coming back to Zwift to get me going again a bit quicker than I would without it… starting point is 95kgs, target is 90kgs. Also hoping to get my W/kg back above 2.5

tomlevell

I refer you back to the second part of my last post then ;0)

weeksy

Good luck Nose… keep us updated in your quest.

weeksy

I refer you back to the second part of my last post then ;0)

I don’t even know what that is 🙂 I assume that’s to do with working at max efforts… but thought i did that all the sodding time 🙂

It’s funny, when outside with my mates, i have loads of sprint, loads of power…. When against ‘peers’ on Zwift or in XC, i have bugger all… I’m not sure who that says the most about, me or my mates 🙂

LittleNose
    Free Member

Good luck Nose… keep us updated in your quest.

cheers, and will do 🙂

tomlevell

You ride mostly at Threshold or just below though when racing. You’ll not get better at going above this (and at a higher power) then recovering without training it.
    VO2max is about 120% of Threshold. There’ll be Zwift workouts for it. Trainerroad introduces them at about 1min length then up to 2min 30. BUT inbetween it’s EASY not race pace.
    Once a week
    https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/zf18-direct-power-coaching-phase-7/week-1-78-dpc-z5-intervals-set-1/
    After a few try finding one with 1min30 sets.
    Handily enough ;0)
    https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/gravel-grinder/week-6-6×2-v02-115trainer-zwift-6b/

weeksy

Took the KTM out after work as today was a rest day, no cycling allowed. Oh, then found a race at 4:10

Oh, Leith hill! Joy for the fat guy.

Good race and took 20s off my best up it. Still only 7th

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=158221

Was at the pointy end at start of the hill too. Bums

I climbed in 8:38. The guy in 2nd got a 7:13. How the heck are the big lads going to match that. I’d have to climb at 400+w

tomlevell

How the heck are the big lads going to match that. I’d have to climb at 400+w

You don’t want the actual answer to that question do you?
    :0)

weeksy

Well the answer is clear…. drop 10-15kg… but that’s fairly unrealstic i think… If life were that simple i’d already be that weight now. Of course i know in a purely scientific concept it’s that simple… but … well…. Lets just say, it’s not likely to happen.

I don’t see me gaining 100w of power and i don’t see me dropping 15kg… So i just have to accept it and enjoy the racing… Which i did 🙂 Even on a course like that i still enjoyed it, a bit of banter and pushed myself a bit on the hill.

tomlevell

Well if it’s any help I’ve done it in just over 7 minutes but then I’d be in B and comfortably in the bottom half. If you did have 400w up there you wouldn’t be in C either.

nixie

First race for a few weeks last night. Been of skiing so no saddle time at all. Had that horrible getting during warmup and the first 10 minutes where are the crap from excess drinking on holiday was cleared out of my muscles.

Race was the KISS choice short event. This is mass start and apart from the initial break down into groups the lead packs stayed together. Looking as the results there were not many As and no one seemed keen in attempting to break away (apart from one Moraccan rider with questionable stats). I caused him down once when he was 15s off the front in an attempt to cause a split but only 3 others followed and then sat up once we had caught him. I didn’t try again as no point.

So it all came down to the sprint. Speed picked up about 2.5k from the end and coming onto the Mall I was well placed. Was a bit slow reacting to a couple going full gas and couldn’t quite reel them in.

Finished with A gold but the was only good enough for 5th overall so bitter sweet.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=100158253

nixie

@weeksy 15kg would be hard but 10kg is reachable. About 10 years ago I was 100+kg. Now 77kg. No dieting I just made small changes which gradually added up. Eat less cake, two beers when I used to have three etc. Reducing the pasta/rice portions to 75% of what I had been eating. By doing it gradually it becomes sustainable (rather than crash dieting). You’ve already covered the hard bit of a decent exercise level.

weeksy

I’ve been 110+ mate i’m now 89 or so…

Exercise is easy…. the better eating… Mmmmm isn’t my strong point.

nixie

It is that case nice work 👍 (can you tell who hasn’t read the whole thread).

Better eating is still a work in progress for me as well. I still eat way, way to many sweet things and have a (crisp) snacking habit. My wife has recently returned to being veggie which should help a bit.

robbo1234biking

The nice weather and new bike has meant I haven’t done any Zwift for 2 weeks. My fitness is good though so it has def helped over the winter months. Will see how March is weather wise but might pause my subscription for a bit if this weather continues!

weeksy

Out on the trails last night, so the legs are a bit tired for today. I’ve already gone a decent number of KMs past Jan total, but i’m thinking i may do the 16:05 today at Richmond. I always seem to lose it in the last 2km, there’s a little 1-2% run in and i seem to blow it there… So my target for today is not to do that. Assuming i’m in the melting pot still by then.

edit :
    Looking at Strava i’ve either trained indoors/outdoors for 13/14 days.. ooops.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

55km/1578m/2h20m – up the KOM, Volcano, Epic and half of the Alpe (4 Horsemen ride) to chalk off the challenge and get the Tron bike, had planned on finishing the Alpe, but ran out of time

see there has been an update, XP points are now Drops for the drop shop in the garage, where there’s now a multitude of different bikes/wheels available at certain levels

https://zwiftinsider.com/drop-shop-release/

nixie

I really hope the tron bike challenge is still there!

weeksy

Oh that’s now confusing… i actually have no idea what’s my best bike to have, but i wasn’t actually sure my bike before was the ideal.

nixie

Unless you have the Tron bike it always was the trek emonda (level 20) with 808s I think. If your climbing light == better. There is a page on zwift insider with comparisons.

weeksy

I think i’m using a Canyon with Enves. Not sure how much difference that makes. I know very little about these fangled drop=bar jobbies.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    dirtyrider
    Free Member
    weeksy

LOL least of my worries is how fast my bike climbs.

Kryton57

I’ve got the Madone with lightweight wheels, yay.

Yet to explore the drop thingy and work out what it is, I seem to have a 1.45m credits…

weeksy

After yesterdays ride i’ve got about 1.9m No idea what to buy… May be a Cervelo then.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I’m 3 “Alpes” away from completing the Tron bike challenge. I went into the Drop Shop yesterday and the bike wasn’t in there for purchase so I assume (hope) the challenge is still on. Should get it next week!

I’m using the Trek Emonda at the moment and was lucky enough to get the lightweight Meilenstein wheels a few ascents back so every little helps as they say.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I completed the challenge after yesterdays update, so it is still on

Waiting for zwiftinsider to do the tests becore i use them

mrchrispy

tron (and another challenge bike) still have to be earned the hard way.

weeksy

For the life of me i still can’t work out how to enter for the Tron. It’s rare i climb i admit, but if i had entered i’d more than have it by now.

beej

For the Tron, Everest challenge then keep going once you’ve completed it until you get to 50,000m of ascent.

(Tron bike owner)

weeksy

I know what you need, i just don’t know how to enter/register.

tomlevell

On the dashboard go to challenges and choose everest challenge. That’s it.
    This should then show in the picture on that dashboard.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

click the pic in menu, like this

IMG-4379
    IMG-4380
    IMG-4381
    IMG-4382

blader1611
    Free Member

I dont think my update has gone very well as i appear to have zero drops! I have the tron bike already and it cant be customized so no worries.
    I did the dirt sprintapalooza ride this morning and managed a new 15s pr of 11.1w/kg, i think that was an avg of 820w for 15s. I was tired going in to this so there might be room for a little improvement but it did hurt like hell.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

strange one this afternoon, 13:35 Zwift HQ Volcano Flat 3 lapper, legs felt tired after yesterday, but stuck with the lead group for 20 minutes until i pulled the plug, got dropped on the exit from the under water tube to the gravel bit, get caught out a lot there, then me and some Japanese rider did the next 1 3/4 laps together had 2:30 minutes to anyone behind, they never gained really, 5 stragglers in front splintered out the main but we didn’t catch them, stuck with him for the sprint, he got 7/8 seconds on me with 500m to go but i powered past with about 50m to go,

2019 power PRs for more or less everything, first time this year with my road bike on the turbo as opposed to the Bokeh, position must allow me to put out a bit more power

Screenshot-2019-03-01-at-19-57-00

mooman
    Free Member

I not really see the appeal of the Tron bike; because if your really that bothered by getting an advantage then it’s easier to just drop 5kg off your entered weight.

I personally prefer to see my race/time improvements coming because I am improving fitness rather than just using a bike/weight doping which gives a recognised time advantage.

blader1611
    Free Member

Mooman – very few people are specifically targeting the tron bike, for me it was just something you were earning whilst using zwift for regular riding. This means it was no more extra effort so a lot easier than the effort to lose 5kg. Also anyone who believes the tron bike makes a massive difference i think is over hyping it. The test they did on it only had it as 1 second quicker over a given distance.

Viewing 40 posts - 10,761 through 10,800 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.