• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 9,481 through 9,520 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

LOL far from it… I’ve got the lappy mounted on a shelf connected to my vice, mostly made out of an old shelving unit 🙂

I’ll be on for the 3pm P race today…. Sadly i won’t be getting very high in it anyway as Richard Dalen is in it who seems to be 110kg of pure power ! He is just an absolute animal. I’ll also be back on the Parkwood again as i’m waiting for the Scott to sell…

weeksy

Best race in many many months that.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=88982

3pm ‘P Race’ A/C cats.. 50km race.

I expected it all to go compltely nuts….. but amazingly it was an exceptionally even race… bunch of 15 of us stayed together for 47km ! Yes really… .No major attacks and when someone went, the bunch dragged em back.

For me, it all fell apart about 3km out… there was nothing left at the volcano kick… i was just walloped… When they went, i never… i then trundled home…

But it was cat and mouse for the whole race, little surges, hiding in the bunch, making up ground, dropping on a kicker, catching up again… Brilliant racing. Made all the better by the fact it was very very even.

cheers_drive

Snap, my laptop is on top of an upside down drawer tray that’s clamped in a bench vice.

Forecast looks poor tomorrow so it may be my first Zwift session since spring.

blader1611
    Free Member

Just did the 20km World Champs TT which is 2 laps of innsbruck. I noticed in the results section there were a couple of stw members, one of which finished 5th! Sadly that wasnt me but i did come 10th out of a couple of hundred i think. I didnt really enjoy that as it hurt too much, i did a 55km warm up which probably didnt help.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=88160

mossimus
    Free Member

Mid pack finish for me in the 20k TT 45th.  Happy to average 260W for 30 minutes though.  Welll done to the STW top 10ers.

richP

Yeah, I did the World Champs TT too. It was quite nice to have such a big field for a TT; meant there were always people to race against.
    Just getting back into Zwift after the summer, quite nice to see that my form is pretty similar to when I was last racing on there.
    Quite like the Innsbruck flat circuit; just enough undulation to make it interesting.

weeksy

Good work fellas… Pinguino has been proper fast for all time on Zwift… Often see him near the top of STW leaderboards.

Outside for me again today though, needed to check out a woods route i’d lost.

nixie

Good efforts all.

I’ve been taking a few days rest after killing myself Karting for an hour straight over the weekend. So stiff!

blader1611
    Free Member

The winner of my race avg 494w, can somebody tell me how on earth you do that. My mind/brain is too small to comprehend that level of effort, i can do that for about a minute max not half an hour.

nixie

He was also on ZP so may not be what it seems.

scaled
    Free Member

Innsbruck 20k TT tonight, bumped FTP to 349.

Felt well wobbly at the end but managed to hold off the guy that was about 10 seconds behind me at other 5k to go, was about 12m ahead of him at the end!

4th out of 300 odd. But the fast lads had minutes on me!

weeksy

4th. Sheesh!

eemy
    Free Member

Well done Kai. I tried to keep up with you………. for a couple of hundred metres, then just settled into trying to get round the course twice. Got to say, I seemed to get up that hill better than quite a few of the riders around me which was a nice surprise.

weeksy

Depending on weather and legs I may do the midday 28km TT world’s race.

nixie

349!!!! Nice. Good job.

blader1611
    Free Member

Kai, that was a great time,well done,I think you were about a minute and a half quicker than me. I avgd a HR of 170bpm and my max is only 183 which i hit in the race which probably explains why i was an incoherent mess at the end.

I see the winner in my race was indeed a zp user, why hasnt he being scratched plus i thought zp users were limited to 400w or was that back in the early days?

robbo1234biking

Some good times going on up there!

I entered the Kiss First base race last night. 2 laps of the Innsbruckring. Now it is getting colder and darker it was much busier so it was prob the best race I have entered. Think there was about 20 on the start line. I went with the first group and kept with them until the base of the climb which broke the group up with me at the back. I still climbed faster than I have before though. I was then left with another guy for the remainder of the race. The next time up the hill he managed to pull away from me, but I then caught him up again and we sat together until the last few hundred feet when the sprint opened up. He got my by one second at the end.

Was a really good race and nice to stay competitive until the end. ZP has me as 8th out of about 10 but I think I was about 10 out of 20 of those on the actual road. Will prob do another race tomorrow evening or Thursday. Havent decided which yet.

weeksy

That’s better Robbo, it’s ace when you start getting involving racing, it turns the ride from a turbo chore into something fun and exciting with plans, tactics, etc. 🙂

robbo1234biking

Yeh cant quite get the tactics right yet but that will come. I know what I want to do tactically but I cant seem to pace myself well to the other riders which is partly to do with the lag on the turbo I think. I end up shooting past them instead of sitting on the wheel.

weeksy

I seem to have mastered the drafting tactic and very very rarely spend any time on the front unless a deliberate choice to push on…

I’m sitting thinking “hmmm hmmm ” regarding the 12:00 today… massive massive field which is good… but the legs are feeling it today and are heavy as heck !

scaled
    Free Member

Hang on, what the heck is this? Tonights race is a 28km time trial?! I’m still in pieces after last nights effort!

I might have to actually go and ride outside instead

weeksy

Tonight ? Get on the 12:00 so i can see just how rubbish i really am 🙂

Flaperon

Stupid question: when Zwift asks for weight do I put my body weight in, or weight + riding gear, or weight + riding gear + bike?

Managed to get a Tacx Neo at half price last week so getting back on the turbo for the winter. Once the weather turns, anyway, looks rather nice this week.

scaled
    Free Member

weight + riding gear, or weight + riding gear + bike

Definitely this, add in the weight of the turbo as well and then let us know how you get on 😀

Flaperon

*narrows eyes suspiciously*

nixie

Dunno what you ride in but that wouldn’t make much of a difference for me (<500g I’d imagine). Zwift takes care of the bike weight based on what gear you choose in the game (the bikes and wheels have different weights and aero performance). I go for my body weight only.

weeksy

Finished it…alomst bailed/puked/died

Finished 54th out of 193…. Gave me an FTP increase of 1… lol. Now at 281w accordin to Zwift.

Absolutely spent… that sodding hill gets me every time. Flat, fine, but that hill just destroys me !

results here later https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=88168

I see the boy Blader finished about a gazillion places ahead of me ! Nice work sir.

blader1611
    Free Member

Flaperon, how did you manage to get a Neo at half price? That is proper result. Just stick your body weight in and nothing else

After yesterdays TT i wasnt feeling very speedy today but last minute decision to do zwift academy race this morning. The idea of 4 laps sounded good for about the first 300 meters then i realised it was going to be a struggle. Strangely though i was in the front group who just weren’t going very fast at all, quite comfortable on the flat but fairly all out on the hill. We were so slow that a group of B’s who we had 30s on caught us by lap 3. Fairly quick last lap in which 3 riders got away on the hill but ended up in a big bunch finish and managed Bronze in B.

blader1611
    Free Member

That wasnt me Weeksy, i think that was Eemy. Good result for you though, you obviously put a massive effort in to get an ftp increase. Was that TT 3 laps then?

eemy
    Free Member

It was me – I didn’t realise that the race today was nearly a lap longer than yesterday. That didn’t help the morale much.

weeksy

3 and a bit. 3 of them hills, I’d have been 45th or maybe smidgen better without them.

Apologies, can’t see straight ha ha.

nemesis
    Free Member

DId the KISS race this morning at 5:55am – 3 laps of the flat(ish) Innsbruck circuit. Usual thing – lost a couple of guys on the bastard hill and was then doing ok when my phone flashed that it was nearly flat 👿 Did another lap to get to the top of the hill so I could freewheel and get a power bank on the phone but of course I then lost the group and that was the race… Mind you think I need to eat before racing as I bonked on that last lap…

All good fun though. certainly got a decent work out.

Interesting to note only 3 people on ZP for that race though.

Flaperon

Flaperon, how did you manage to get a Neo at half price?

Cycle Republic had it on sale for 48 hours last week, and let me use my 20% off cycle to work discount on top of their sale price.

I was really tempted by the new Kickr Core, but I object to Wahoo’s vertical price fixing strategy. That’s not to say I wouldn’t have bought a Kickr if I hadn’t been able to get the Neo at the same price.

blader1611
    Free Member

The TT tomorrow is 52km! Luckily i am not free at the scheduled time so i will have to keep my lungs inside my body for another day.

weeksy

Oooof, i’m not doing that…. that’s 6 laps of the short circuit.  Not in a race, not a chance.

nixie

Well I definitely don’t think I’m a B anymore. There was a setup issue with the WBR nopiz wahooligan race tonight. Was supposed to be a crit but ended up setup as a TT for 8 laps of the volcano (38k ish with the lead in). My first declared A race and I came fourth! Yeah a lot dropped out when found it was a TT but I’m still happy with that. FTP up to 331W I think.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=89759

weeksy

Considering how far ahead of the fastest B you are, I think that’s a safe statement

nixie

I hadn’t even looked at the B result, surprised by that. It’s not a completely accurate picture as so many dropped out. I’ve stupidly injured my foot streching afterwards so may have to take a few days off.

jk501
    Free Member

Well for reasons I won’t bore you with I did my first race in ages today. It the Italian gladiators race, 1 lap of the UCI short course. Small field with  6 in C. Two of them took off at the start and I passed the third one at the start of the climb. Surprisingly I passed 2 Bs up the hill as well.

One B caught me at the bottom of the descent and then rode with me to the finish. I could tell he was cruising and knowing I’d get smashed in a sprint I had a crack from a k out… And promptly died. He flew past me with 200m to go.

I actually won C grade and was right on the 3.1w/kg threshold. The other two ahead of me must have been DQ’D. I was knackered afterwards but was happy with it as a first up race. I really need to get some endurance rides in as I have only been doing 45min to an hour. It showed.

blader1611
    Free Member

The same guy has won each of the World TT races this week (the midday one). He is a zp user and has destroyed the field by racking up averages of over 430w, pretty good for a 54yr old weighing 98kg. No pointy in racing with him in the field. If i had the legs i would weight dope tomorrows trial just to try and beat him as its a hilly one.

Viewing 40 posts - 9,481 through 9,520 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.